PS4 - PS4 - S4 - AOR Assetto Corsa Competizione - Social Race - Monza - 18/08/2020 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 PS4 - S4 - AOR Assetto Corsa Competizione - Social Race - Monza - 18/08/2020

Martynvr

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 28, 2016
Who is paying for all these servers. I reckon there will be a fee once league racing is started which i totally understand.

PRG_FrankForest

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 18, 2016
Who is paying for all these servers. I reckon there will be a fee once league racing is started which i totally understand.
Servers cost £7.## for 20 cars per month.

frabiond

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2019
How do you prepare for this race? One dry setup, one wet setup or one middle setup where you can start with dry tyres and then change with wet?

Reactions: Martynvr

Thumbtwiddeler

ACC Coordinator
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 9, 2020
How do you prepare for this race? One dry setup, one wet setup or one middle setup where you can start with dry tyres and then change with wet?
Im doing both and see where the differences are and try to find a middle ground

Reactions: frabiond

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
ACC Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
It all depends on what weather we get but you get a long way with a dry setup. Slick tyres works surprisingly well in light rain so if it starts dry and goes to rain, changing tyres should be enough. And if it starts in rain and there is a change to dry during the race, I would go with dry setup.

I've done the special event at Brands Hatch in heavy rain. What I've learned from there is:
- Change brake bias 4-6% towards the rear to help with understeering. Test and find what feels best for you.
- Braking early and maybe getting in the corner too slow is much better than braking slightly too late.
- Stay away from all curbs!!! It takes very little curb riding to upset the car and causing a spin.
- You have to be more gentle on the brakes and throttle (obviously). Especially the brakes are important as even if the ABs is set to max, brakes can lock up. The throttle is less sensitive since the TC will "only" cut the engine rather than spinning. Also, take care when getting on the throttle when you are steering.

The best advice of all is to just take 30 minutes in free practise, full tank, dry setup with wet tyres, with wet track and just drive. This will give you a lot of information and a feeling on what is's like. Not the funniest things to do but this way you will be able to test a dry setup in the wet. You can also test light rain and slicks, just get a feeling :)

Remember that the correct tyre pressure when driving for wet tyres should be 31-32psi, not 27.5 like the dry tyres!