PS4 - PS4 - S4 - AOR Assetto Corsa Competizione - Social Race - Monza - 18/08/2020 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 PS4 - S4 - AOR Assetto Corsa Competizione - Social Race - Monza - 18/08/2020

Opentheirminds

Pro Karter
Jul 17, 2020
Has there been an update that means we can join servers mid race now? Hopped into one of the practise ones after 5 minutes of the race last night and just pulled out of the pits like I’d just missed the start :unsure:

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
ACC Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Has there been an update that means we can join servers mid race now? Hopped into one of the practise ones after 5 minutes of the race last night and just pulled out of the pits like I’d just missed the start :unsure:
There is a server setting that allows this and we use that for our sevrers atm. You can joing when the race have started but will need to start from the pits and you will, of course, have lost laps.

frabiond

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2019
It all depends on what weather we get but you get a long way with a dry setup. Slick tyres works surprisingly well in light rain so if it starts dry and goes to rain, changing tyres should be enough. And if it starts in rain and there is a change to dry during the race, I would go with dry setup.

I've done the special event at Brands Hatch in heavy rain. What I've learned from there is:
- Change brake bias 4-6% towards the rear to help with understeering. Test and find what feels best for you.
- Braking early and maybe getting in the corner too slow is much better than braking slightly too late.
- Stay away from all curbs!!! It takes very little curb riding to upset the car and causing a spin.
- You have to be more gentle on the brakes and throttle (obviously). Especially the brakes are important as even if the ABs is set to max, brakes can lock up. The throttle is less sensitive since the TC will "only" cut the engine rather than spinning. Also, take care when getting on the throttle when you are steering.

The best advice of all is to just take 30 minutes in free practise, full tank, dry setup with wet tyres, with wet track and just drive. This will give you a lot of information and a feeling on what is's like. Not the funniest things to do but this way you will be able to test a dry setup in the wet. You can also test light rain and slicks, just get a feeling :)

Remember that the correct tyre pressure when driving for wet tyres should be 31-32psi, not 27.5 like the dry tyres!
Thank you very much for your tips, I follow these strategies (y)

Martynvr

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 28, 2016
Done the audi special event as well and recorded in on youtube including a nice littlesetup, check video below:

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
Done some practice is a new car. Happy with the cars balance just need to find pace and be prepared for rain.

One thing. The Aor servers are open and I joined one to get a feel of conditions....sadly I was joined by a non aor member who decided to make it a destruction Derby instead. Any way to make a simple password so it can be aor guys only?

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
ACC Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Done some practice is a new car. Happy with the cars balance just need to find pace and be prepared for rain.

One thing. The Aor servers are open and I joined one to get a feel of conditions....sadly I was joined by a non aor member who decided to make it a destruction Derby instead. Any way to make a simple password so it can be aor guys only?
I will check but the 2 servers we have used for the socials should be set correctly for Monza (I will double check settings right away). And you should know the password to them :)

Reactions: Archie619

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
I will check but the 2 servers we have used for the socials should be set correctly for Monza (I will double check settings right away). And you should know the password to them :)
The weather conditions were correct I think but no password was needed to join. Ended up with a lot of non aor guys, mostly clean but one guy who decided to take out every brake marker board, park on apexes and wait for people etc. Hard to practice a decent distance with people wiping you out.

• Informative

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
ACC Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Are full rolling up laps an option? Only seen them in the competitive servers before now but it’d be a nice bit of added realism in these races
There are an option to set the formation as a full lap but for now we use the short lap. Maybe try the long one to see how it works...:unsure:

Thumbtwiddeler

ACC Coordinator
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 9, 2020
The weather conditions were correct I think but no password was needed to join. Ended up with a lot of non aor guys, mostly clean but one guy who decided to take out every brake marker board, park on apexes and wait for people etc. Hard to practice a decent distance with people wiping you out.
i've set mine to Monza, password "iliketorace"

Sunday i need back it for a Spa test

• Useful
Reactions: Hygrade B

Thumbtwiddeler

ACC Coordinator
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 9, 2020

Couple of things to mention, i've been playing around with some server settings, my server is limited to 5 sets for each race weekend and also i may have enabled the longer formation lap, anyone who gets to a race session, please can you let me know?

Thumbtwiddeler

ACC Coordinator
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 9, 2020

Couple of things to mention, i've been playing around with some server settings, my server is limited to 5 sets of tyres for each race weekend and also i may have enabled the longer formation lap, anyone who gets to a race session, please can you let me know?

JSON:
{
"track": "monza_2019",
"preRaceWaitingTimeSeconds": 120,
"sessionOverTimeSeconds": 180,
"postQualySeconds": 240,
"postRaceSeconds": 240,
"ambientTemp": 13,
"trackTemp": 17,
"cloudLevel": 0.4,
"rain": 0.0,
"weatherRandomness": 1,
"simracerWeatherConditions": 1,
"sessions": [
{
"hourOfDay": 14,
"dayOfWeekend": 1,
"timeMultiplier": 1,
"sessionType": "P",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 60
},
{
"hourOfDay": 13,
"dayOfWeekend": 2,
"timeMultiplier": 1,
"sessionType": "Q",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 15
},
{
"hourOfDay": 14,
"dayOfWeekend": 3,
"timeMultiplier": 2,
"sessionType": "R",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 60
}
],
"configVersion": 1
}
JSON:
{
    "pitWindowLengthSec": 600,
    "mandatoryPitstopCount": 1,
    "qualifyStandingType": 1,
    "driverStintTimeSec": -1,
    "maxTotalDrivingTime": -1,
    "maxDriversCount": 1,
    "isRefuellingAllowedInRace": true,
    "isRefuellingTimeFixed": false,
    "isMandatoryPitstopRefuellingRequired": false,
    "isMandatoryPitstopTyreChangeRequired": true,
    "isMandatoryPitstopSwapDriverRequired": false,
    "tyreSetCount": 5
}
JSON:
{
    "serverName": "ApexOnlineRacing.com #86 | Thumbtwiddeler",
    "adminPassword": "???",
    "randomizeTrackWhenEmpty": 0,
    "trackMedalsRequirement": 0,
    "safetyRatingRequirement": -1,
    "racecraftRatingRequirement": -1,
    "allowAutoDQ": 1,
    "shortFormationLap": 0,
    "password": "iliketorace",
    "spectatorSlots": 1,
    "spectatorPassword": "iliketowatch",
    "dumpLeaderboards": 1,
    "isCPServer": 0,
    "competitionRatingMin": -1,
    "competitionRatingMax": -1,
    "configVersion": 1,
    "region": "EU",
    "maxCarSlots": 20,
    "carGroup": "GT3",
    "isRaceLocked": 0
}

Mixallis

Junior Karter
Aug 13, 2020
View attachment 116214

Free to join for all participants with the goal to have some fair and competitive practice racing. Additional servers will be added if needed/required.

If you look at the weather predictions then there could be rain. So how do you know what type of rain you will get during the race?
The game will tell you by weather images what type of rain there will be.

View attachment 116182 dry ........... View attachment 116183 light rain

View attachment 116184 rain ......... View attachment 116185 heavy rain

View attachment 116186 very heavy

Now we are using the option "simracerWeatherConditions": 1 and the Wiki page is telling us this information (PC is using it):

Event Information:
Date: Tuesday 18th August 2020
Server: ApexOnlineRacing.com #1/#2 | Social Race - Monza
Password: There will be an PSN chat created before the start of the practice and the password will be shared in the PSN chat.
Lobby opens: 6:45pm (UK time) with a 60 minutes practice session (not mandatory)
● Event starts: 7:45pm (UK time)
Regular AOR league rules apply (click)
● Mandatory PitStop: Yes, Tire Change = Yes, Fuel = No
(but allowed)

Weather Conditions:

= 24% (dry)
= 66% (light rain)
= 10% (medium rain)

= 39% (changing weather, both dry and rain in a session)

● In-game time-of-day information:
  • Qualifying - Weekend Day 2 - 13:00
  • Race - Weekend Day 3 - 14:00
{
"track": "monza_2019",
"preRaceWaitingTimeSeconds": 120,
"sessionOverTimeSeconds": 180,
"postQualySeconds": 240,
"postRaceSeconds": 240,
"ambientTemp": 13,
"trackTemp": 17,
"cloudLevel": 0.4,