PS4 - PSN Community "Apex Online Race - Project CARS 2" | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 PSN Community "Apex Online Race - Project CARS 2"

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
The one thing I was always missing, is to see when someone is setting up an practice lobby. Yes we have the PSN chat groups, but that is only with your own tier members. Wouldn't it be nice to get a bigger overview from all tiers and all leagues :)
So I created an PSN Community "Apex Online Racing - Project CARS 2" and invited most of the PS4 players that I know off. It is an closed group so you only get in when you are approved, but everyone can ask to join the community. This way we can monitor it and keep only the fair and clean racers with us ;)

The idea is that if you are setting up an practice lobby or you want to do some sort of race that you post an message in the community so other players will see it and could join the session or by replying to get an invite.
I think this could help other drivers by practicing with the more advanced drivers and learn from their practice. But it can only work if we share our practice lobbies in the community (y)

Android APP: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.playstation.mobilecommunity
Apple APP: anybody got a link?

Screenshot_20181007-210017_PS Communities.jpg

Last edited:

Manx57

F1 Race Winner
Mar 9, 2016
I only found this post by accident, was it supposed to appear in alerts?

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
The alerts don’t always work mate when you get tagged for some reason, it can be hit and miss if you pick them up

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
There is an max on the member tags per post...didn't thought of it when I posted it :(

dejw_d

AOR PS4 GT3 S10 Tier 3 Champion
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2018
Same here with the notification. Maybe worth posting the tags again.

igor55

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Aug 7, 2017
I think the community is a great idea, but the easy thing about the messages is I get notifications on my phone when somebody sends a message there. And as far as I'm aware there is no way to get notifications when somebody posts in the community. And the notifications on PS4 itself are turned off to not get distracted when racing.
I don't know if it's possible/manageable but maybe a chat with all the GT3 players from all the leagues could work?

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
I think the community is a great idea, but the easy thing about the messages is I get notifications on my phone when somebody sends a message there. And as far as I'm aware there is no way to get notifications when somebody posts in the community. And the notifications on PS4 itself are turned off to not get distracted when racing.
I don't know if it's possible/manageable but maybe a chat with all the GT3 players from all the leagues could work?
The problem with creating a big chat is that you get all sort of things in the chat and flooded with notifications. Eventually nobody reads it anymore.
For the community I get notifications on my phone (you need the community app) and on my playstation. Where I have turned notifications off when i'm in the game.

I will post an link in the main threads of the GT3 leagues to get some more attraction ;)

Reactions: Jeroen81

igor55

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Aug 7, 2017
The problem with creating a big chat is that you get all sort of things in the chat and flooded with notifications. Eventually nobody reads it anymore.
For the community I get notifications on my phone (you need the community app) and on my playstation. Where I have turned notifications off when i'm in the game.

I will post an link in the main threads of the GT3 leagues to get some more attraction ;)
I thought that would he the trouble for the chat, that it's just not manageable. And I didn't know there is an app for the community, I'm downloading it now :)

Manx57

F1 Race Winner
Mar 9, 2016
I thought that would he the trouble for the chat, that it's just not manageable. And I didn't know there is an app for the community, I'm downloading it now :)
Where is the link to the app please?

igor55

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Aug 7, 2017
Where is the link to the app please?
Tried to look for a link to share, but can't find it. But just go to play store or app store. And search for Playstation communities. It should be the first result

Reactions: Manx57

Manx57

F1 Race Winner
Mar 9, 2016
Tried to look for a link to share, but can't find it. But just go to play store or app store. And search for Playstation communities. It should be the first result
Amino is the first is that the right one?

Manx57

F1 Race Winner
Mar 9, 2016
Ha ha

this item is not available in your country...... blame the Irish Sea