PC - Quick Poll - Test Race Tonight! | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Quick Poll - Test Race Tonight!

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Where/how should tonight's test race take place?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Firstly, if you don't know why we're planning to delay the league schedule and do a test race tonight, read the PC Elite main thread from this post onwards to catch up, or jump to this post for a little summary (kinda).

Regardless of the outcome of the poll, the social will be held with a practice session to start off with, to allow people to get used to the patch changes and make any setup changes to suit. As a result the race will be shorter than normal, so that the overall event ends around the usual time.

Options for tonight's test race:

1. Do the test race at Brands Hatch, to allow us to compare the changes of the new patch directly to last week's race.

2. Do the test race at Hockenheim at daytime in the dry.

3. Do the test race at Hockenheim in the same conditions as the league race.

Please vote for all of the options you would be happy to do! Both Elite and Pro drivers on the PC platform are allowed to vote.

Beppo

F1 Champion
Dec 9, 2014
Brands Hatch seem to be a good point to start with, since we allready have a setup from last weeks race. Plus at same conditions it also would give us a good point of comparison, as to what to expect from the tyre temps.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Hey Pro ain't delayed just yet
Waitwut. Thought we'd be in the same situation here!

Ok, in that case, this is another tag to let all Pro drivers know that your previous tagging was potentially irrelevant and that you may not need to take notice of this thread at all! o_O @3ddii3, @Canisbe, @Erti147, @Martin Kučera, @Michal7M, @Zach Plummer, @chaozbandit, @AOR Adrenaline, @Szekely915, @DozerKitty, @Daniel Nesterowicz, @Jesper3h, @Mulleyg, @Neil Bywater, @ntunxun, @SVK_Duchi, @Jawsome, @dabbowabbo, @Ronald Rasmussen, @optimalspieler, @Felser, @Beppo, @Ranger, @EliteGT33, @DANGEROUS GIANETTA, @F1 racer, @awNE, @Gxbbs

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
PS: If Pro don't do the test race tonight, I will only count the votes made by Elite drivers

DozerKitty

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jul 20, 2015
Waitwut. Thought we'd be in the same situation here!

Ok, in that case, this is a tag to let all Pro drivers know that your previous tagging was potentially irrelevant and that you may not need to take notice of this thread at all! o_O @3ddii3, @Canisbe, @Erti147, @Martin Kučera, @Michal7M, @Zach Plummer, @chaozbandit, @AOR Adrenaline, @Szekely915, @DozerKitty, @Daniel Nesterowicz, @Jesper3h, @Mulleyg, @Neil Bywater, @ntunxun, @SVK_Duchi, @Jawsome, @dabbowabbo, @Ronald Rasmussen, @optimalspieler, @Felser, @Beppo, @Ranger, @EliteGT33, @DANGEROUS GIANETTA, @F1 racer, @awNE, @Gxbbs
I do believe we will postpone as well. The few of us that has answered so far, has elected to postpone tonights race :)

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
On a relevant note: WHY DOES SMS ALWAYS HAVE TO MAKE THINGS DIFFICULT FOR US!? I feel like I've spent more time on the forum trying to sort out problems this season than I've actually spent driving the car lol! I came home from my skiing trip a couple of hours ago, eager to do some practice, instead I've had to sit here and deal with this thing. But oh well, I'm used to Codemasters doing the same thing with the F1 leagues for years, so it's not exactly a new thing :wtf:

(Not really complaining about SMS on this one as at least they've given us a patch lol - just **** timing I really!)

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Mini human has turned into Little Miss Spotty, as she has Chicken Pox, so won't be able to drive tonight, as she is only getting about 5 - 10 mins sleep at a time, before crying like a Gxbbs!

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Ok, what I will do is go and have some food, then at 19:25 I will check what the situation of the poll is like, and set up the Elite server accordingly.

Following @Yorkie065's suggestion, I will start a 1-hour practice at 19:30 which people can join and leave as you wish (so people who appear at 20:00 will get 30 mins of practice to check setup/feel differences).

This will be followed by the normal 15 mins qualy, 5 mins warmup, and then a race, which will be made a bit shorter than normal (around 25 laps I'd say) to compensate for the practice time, so that the overall event still ends around the usual time.

Remember, since this is a test race you don't have to participate if you don't want to, but obviously having as many of you as possible in the server will be good to test how the updated DS/patch holds up.

ramiboo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 20, 2015
Mini human has turned into Little Miss Spotty, as she has Chicken Pox, so won't be able to drive tonight, as she is only getting about 5 - 10 mins sleep at a time, before crying like a Gxbbs!
Unlucky Andy Rex! Make sure you tie her arms by her side to stop the scaring :sneaky:. (just don't tell social services)

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Option 3 (Hockenheim in league race conditions) wins the poll - fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on what you voted for I guess :unsure:

Will set up lobby for practice now - which will start off in light rain given the league race conditions. Join if/when you wish.

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
So what are we going to do next wednesday after mass DSC yesterday?:unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.