Race format S4 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Race format S4

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
To sort out the vids everyone misses...maybe someone who allways watch the league race on fis his twitch start an own broadcast channel to commentate on the races like fisi does with pcars league and rangercarrot does with the f1 league...could be funny with after race interviews etc...now only find a big enough fan to do that.... :D

Maybe the aor admins can post a message on the front page that we are looking for someone who is willing to do that? @FisiFan91 @Kptk92
@King-kodiak has showed some interest previously for potentially broadcasting the iRacing league. Problem is that he'd have to use the in-game menus to navigate, which aren't exactly nice to look at on the stream/video, but if we're able to see past that then it should be fine!

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
@King-kodiak has showed some interest previously for potentially broadcasting the iRacing league. Problem is that he'd have to use the in-game menus to navigate, which aren't exactly nice to look at on the stream/video, but if we're able to see past that then it should be fine!
it's better than nothing at all...maybe he could do the first race and then see if we like it or not :D

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
Isn't there some sort of overlay he could use?

Something like this: http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1351217.page

Screenshot: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1894613/irtvo-1.0.0-rc2.jpg

Or this one: http://atvo.appgineer.in

Last edited:
Reactions: Lorrentz

King-kodiak

AOR Head Commentator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AOR Commentator
May 10, 2016
I did indeed, though I went for F1 2016 instead. This, along with 2 Project CARS leagues and a possible Rocket League....err...league means my timetable is rather full now so I won't be able to cover iracing. I am sure the default interface for iracing is no worse than the F1 2016 one.

• Informative
Reactions: FisiFan91

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
Btw, I've just found another broadcasting option, like racespot and apex. One of the guys that run it is Joonas Puhakka and he said this on the iracing forum:

To make things clear and set a base once & for all: Our broadcasting fee is set at $15 per race. That will amount to $135 in total for current season (9 races). Primary reason is to cover track purchases and other costs. As anyone can probably tell, it is a pretty low rate for broadcasting.
http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3504516.page

If that's the case then 1 season is 180 dollar and with 30 guys it would be 6 dollar per person for a full season

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Thought you could even use an xbox controler or something to avoid using the overlay as much

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
I'm not saying absolutely yes to this, but I would definitely consider it. So long as the overlay is easy to understand and I'm able to run it with 1 screen, it wouldn't be a problem to stream.

Now whether anybody would want to step up to the plate alongside me in comms or in place of me is another matter altogether!

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
Well I used it with more than 1 screen and it was a piece of cake, but with 1 screen you are probably gonna need hotkeys, which I haven't tested or even looked at tbh

But I agree that it would be a lot easier with 2 guys, to spot the action and do camera's/commentate. Hm who else is there almost every race @Minimariner :D

Reactions: Lorrentz

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
Spotting's not an issue if I can see the overlay while I'm viewing the race (I don't know how it works) and can see which battles are the ones to look at. Hotkeys are not an issue either as I used them when I recorded the YouTube coverage for Fisi.

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
Then you'd probably have to run iracing in a smaller screen so that you can have the overlay controls next to them somewhere on your screen
[DOUBLEPOST=1480011100][/DOUBLEPOST]Or perhaps you can just minimize the conteols and only use hotkeys to switch to a certain driver or other cam. Concerning the layout you will use the same layout for almost the entire race I guess. Standings when in TV cam and name/position when onboard with someone I assume

Joonas Puhakka

Formula Karter
Jun 3, 2015
I'm not saying absolutely yes to this, but I would definitely consider it. So long as the overlay is easy to understand and I'm able to run it with 1 screen, it wouldn't be a problem to stream.

Now whether anybody would want to step up to the plate alongside me in comms or in place of me is another matter altogether!
Hi.

Contact me on iR forums preferably (or via Steam if you want, Puhis is my nickname there) if you're interested at my services.

Someone from here conctacted me earlier re: broadcasting, but if you got it under control, then I can help on the commentary duty instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rin Hato

Minimariner

AOR iRacing Statman
Premium Member
May 18, 2016
But I agree that it would be a lot easier with 2 guys, to spot the action and do camera's/commentate. Hm who else is there almost every race @Minimariner :D
Sorry, I'm the worst person in the world to have as a commentator, I'm a mute irl :lol:
I'll just stick to being a spectator (and stat man ;)).

Anyways I'm happy that there's a possibility of some new content, loved the race edits for PM and FR S1, so live coverages would be exciting! Good luck guys :)

• Funny
Reactions: Gunar Nijenhuis