Race on 23rd December - yes or no? | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Race on 23rd December - yes or no?

Will you be able to attend the Donington round on 23rd December?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Nah, that's a quarter of the season, that's ridiculous :p

I have a horrible feeling we'll be in the same situation on New Year's Eve Eve.
Me too...shame shame shame....I want my money back :D

lokitekki

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 3 Champion
Aug 13, 2016
Hm I think Jouni will give Kimi are hard time :dead:

The real question is, now that we heard Kimi, will Jouni sound more like Kimi than Kimi does.
Jouni, interview next time? :hungry:
[DOUBLEPOST=1482170336][/DOUBLEPOST]

Hm that usually doesn't bring out the best in people. There is no orating or SR and if you also cut out the points it's basically a practice race.
Perhaps a reduced point race would be better if indeed too many people are missing
I try to win it and it should be possible. I have the pace but i just need to try to maximise it.
I agree that Jeroen is just like kimi and that's why i like him :D

Tye

GP2 Test Driver
Jun 26, 2015
Whaaaaat :eek: all this half points extra dropped round stuff. Sorry to sound harsh guys but the majority has voted the race should go ahead so kind of tough titties to the ones who have a life :D My mrs and her 2 wee ones have been told sim racing is life.

It sucks not everyone can be there but if its half points or that then its just punishing the people who have the time to race.

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
So @FisiFan91 what about this? Obviously we paid for broadcast already and only 7 replied with no so I would say let's just race.

What about the extra drop week for the guys that can't make it Friday? So that this race won't count as a drop week for them?

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
So @FisiFan91 what about this? Obviously we paid for broadcast already and only 7 replied with no so I would say let's just race.

What about the extra drop week for the guys that can't make it Friday? So that this race won't count as a drop week for them?
It's just a regular friday in my opinion...and like @StevieSQ said otherwise we would have the same on the 30th as it's almost new years eve....

ofcourse it's a shame if we don't get a large grid but I think everyone who is able to drive just should drive...I think we still hit over 20 drivers on the grid so that isn't too bad...like I said above as a compromise maybe they can change the drop weeks from 2 to 4...with the ability to drop 2 Feature and 2 Sprint races as we have twice the amount of races this season...but that's up to @McPhilen and @FisiFan91 to decide.

See ya out on track @donington park :D

• Agree
Reactions: Gunar Nijenhuis

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Yeah, just to confirm for those that may have misunderstood, drop weeks are for the 2 lowest combined race nights, rather than just lowest scoring races.

• Informative
Reactions: Lorrentz

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Drop week means both races so those 2 drop weeks are 4 races..
Usually drop weeks would be the same as a dropped race since we only had 1 race in 1 week...but now we have 2 races in 1 week it should change to drop races in stead of weeks....if you score let's say a DNF in the feature race and you win the Sprint race in the theory of a drop week it would kill the sprint race win :D so that's why its better to call it drop races now in stead of weeks...

also since there's a point difference in sprint/feature races in my opinion everyone should be able to drop 1 feature and 1 sprint race result....(or if rules get changed 2 feature and 2 sprint races).
[DOUBLEPOST=1482234774][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah, just to confirm for those that may have misunderstood, drop weeks are for the 2 lowest combined race nights, rather than just lowest scoring races.
that's also a way to do it :)

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
with this clearing things up...LET'S RACE!! :D

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
;)
It's just a regular friday in my opinion...and like @StevieSQ said otherwise we would have the same on the 30th as it's almost new years eve....

ofcourse it's a shame if we don't get a large grid but I think everyone who is able to drive just should drive...I think we still hit over 20 drivers on the grid so that isn't too bad...like I said above as a compromise maybe they can change the drop weeks from 2 to 4...with the ability to drop 2 Feature and 2 Sprint races as we have twice the amount of races this season...but that's up to @McPhilen and @FisiFan91 to decide.

See ya out on track @donington park :D
You just want more drop weeks so you don't lose so many points when you crash. ;)

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: Tye and The Genius

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
;)

You just want more drop weeks so you don't lose so many points when you crash. ;)
hahahaa No I dont want more dropweeks I just didn't know we had 2 dropweeks with both races applied....I thought we just had 2 drop races....so my solution is just a little bit more custom so you could choose your own feature and sprint race drops of different weeks...but the 2 least scoring weeks of both races is fine to me :)
and knowing this I don't even understand this thread at all :p

Reactions: Stevie

Tekesh

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 5 Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 11, 2015
Actually its 10 seeing as Jeroen and Dan hasn't put in their vote (it was 18-7 before Dan's comment) and I changed mine to most likely no :bag:, but then again everyone hasn't voted for some reason so idk :p

• Kappa
Reactions: Gunar Nijenhuis

Silvio

Formula Karter
Dec 18, 2016
I didn't vote, because I joined yesterday and have seen this thread to late.
Anyway, i have time on friday and I'm looking forward to my first race with you.
It would be nice to know if the race will start on next friday as soon as possible.

See you on track.

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
Actually its 10 seeing as Jeroen and Dan hasn't put in their vote (it was 18-7 before Dan's comment) and I changed mine to most likely no :bag:, but then again everyone hasn't voted for some reason so idk :p
ah kjeft og bli med i racet, Kris :D :D

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Alright, so this turned out just how I didn't want it to... in the sense that you've made it very tricky to decide what to do.

So as it stands, we have 8-10 drivers who can't make it (depending on whether @Synergi actually can't, and whether @lokitekki sits out to give everyone else a chance :p), and 17-19 drivers who have said they want to race. Plus 6 drivers who haven't said anything (hopefully that means they can race o_O) and 2 who may or may not get their licence sorted before Friday.

This obviously puts us in an uncomfortable situation as it's bordering on the amount of no-shows that makes it uncomfortable to run the event, purely because it has the potential to affect the championship for quite a few drivers. At the same time we've seen the eagerness to race from those of you who are around, and I also think it would be a shame to miss out on a broadcasted event considering we (well, you) have already paid for 12 rounds of coverage.

Weighing up this dilemma isn't easy, however assuming most of those who haven't voted will indeed be there, we should get around 22-23 drivers on the grid, which is the same amount we had for 3 normal rounds last season anyway, and also considering drop weeks are in effect, we have ultimately decided that the Donington round will go ahead as planned. This means those of you who are around will get to enjoy Donington in this car, and it gives the broadcasters another night to get more experience with the league and drivers. (And yes, Phil is happy with this despite having to miss it himself lol).

For those of you who can't be there, it's a shame of course, but remember that we do have the drop-week system, so as long as you are able to attend at least 9 of the remaining 10 nights after this, you are essentially on the same playing field as everyone else still. Of course, there's a bit more pressure on you to not mess up in those races, but this should make it possible for you regain the lost points by showing up consistently for the rest of the season. Undoubtedly if the drop-week system was not in effect it would have been much harder to make this decision, but hopefully this will soften the blow.

Also, just to clarify in case the drop-week rule wasn't clear; it isn't the score from your worst two individual races that will be dropped, but the score from your worst two race nights. Race night = feature race + sprint race combined. This is obviously because when people have to miss a night, they'll be missing both races on that night. So all drivers will have their two worst full nights dropped at the end of the season, whether they attended them or not.

We hope you can all accept this decision, and I'm looking forward to seeing most of you on the track this Friday! A proper thread for race discussion will be set up shortly.

@Lorrentz @Steve Kagerer @The Genius @StevieSQ @Ycoms @Hoff @xOwnage133 @RandyMcScrandy1 @lokitekki @heuer91 @VICSALT @Leister-Meister @Osterkamp @xII robo IIx @McPhilen @Mark Forte @Brinkk @UrBaNz Octane x @Gunar Nijenhuis @Dylan Hember @Patrick Kessler @Synergi @J-F Godin @Robert Plumley @Rin Hato @camo @Tye @frejo @Erti147 @Janick Nijenhuis @Manning Grinnan @futor @Hugo @Silvio @SF Schumri

Status
Not open for further replies.