Reopening an old wound (Interest thread) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Reopening an old wound (Interest thread)

EikeSky

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 4, 2017
Namely, RFactor2 Endurance. I'm thinking low cost to entry, so fully modded tracks and cars, with dedicated modlists to ensure compatibility. Custom skins and Real Life lengths. So 12h Sebring, 6H Monza, 24H Nurburgring, even.

Initially I'd like to start with something like (x)H of Paul Ricard using the GT World Series mod for cars:

As a pilot event, test the waters. I don't know if stint lengths can be mandated in rF2, but ideal team members would be 2-4 per car. With how RF2 handles drivers, however, it is possible to be in 2 cars in the same race. All it requires is a disconnect and reconnect as far as I can see, but I'm more than willing to be wrong on that.

With how many drivers are interested in the ACC endurance events, I can only imagine how many could be interested in a more accessible (and expandable) from other parts of AOR. So please. If you'd be into the idea of assembling a team and taking part in this, *just for fun*, feel free to comment and tag your mates below.

For Driver change "quick guide", see here:

edit: This is a pure interest thread at the moment. I've asked a few who are either interested, or worried about the technical side. They are the two responses I've had so far. So please, any and all comments are welcome at the moment. RF2 is a new platform to me, and that probably shows in my eagerness to use mods. I know, but I also want to do proper endurance racing in AOR that isn't necessarily GT3, and awfully hard to run.

Reactions: sixspeed

Dominooo

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 2, 2019
Oi oi, great idea and I'd love to help!
I never did rFactor though, so I guess newb questions, why can't we use the cars they used in the Le Mans Virtual for example?

EikeSky

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 4, 2017
Oi oi, great idea and I'd love to help!
I never did rFactor though, so I guess newb questions, why can't we use the cars they used in the Le Mans Virtual for example?
We can, but from my experiments in PCars, drivers seem to want some level of familiarity with the cars. GT3 is massively popular, so I'm hoping to get people from Pcars & AC/ACC sub-communities to dip their toes in rFactor too.

Dominooo

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 2, 2019
We can, but from my experiments in PCars, drivers seem to want some level of familiarity with the cars. GT3 is massively popular, so I'm hoping to get people from Pcars & AC/ACC sub-communities to dip their toes in rFactor too.
Well, I don't know why GT3 is so dominant in the community but I can't change that :p

Raoualf21731

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jan 27, 2020
I could drop the racing in sprints for this kind of event. Never done races on rFactor2 either, and of course, it depends on the day but I'll follow this closely