Rest of The Season | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Rest of The Season

l medal l

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
Mar 21, 2016
Given the circumstances of this league and some of the things that have happened in season one, it has become apparent that some changes need to be made to improve the quality of racing and to improve the reputation of this league. Below is an outline of the issues at present, how the rest of the season is going to work, and the expectations going forward.

A) Incidents on track

The amount of contact, corner cutting, track extending, and recklessness on track is unacceptable. Going forward, the stewards will be myself, @Regamus and @SavageSnailx69x. All three of us will be reviewing races and administering penalties and punishments consistent with those in the Modern GT League. The tolerance for first turn incidents, reckless aggression, and general disrespect of other racers on track will be effectively zero. The quality of racing HAS to be cleaned up, and the only way to do this is to hold drivers to a higher standard going forward. This isn't to say that mistakes are unacceptable and will be automatically punished. It means that you are expected to follow the rules of the league. If you cause an accident, wait for those affected.

B) Cars

This has been an issue of contention for the entire season. Going forward, there will be one car used for the remainder of the season, that being the Mercedes tuned by me. The reason here is that it is by far the easiest car to drive and control on the track. @matt212, myself, @Regamus, @ElseCrib and @VN7 GT will start working on ideas for next season in terms of cars. Once we have an acceptable list of ideas, the league may vote on which cars will be used in the event of a second season.

C) Tracks

This season is going to be shortened for certain. The amount of races that will be excluded has yet to be determined. The totality of the season may be as short as 10 weeks or as long as 12. Additionally, the remaining tracks may be altered as necessary.

D) Teams

Effective immediately, the team championship is over. The lack of cars going forward renders team standings meaningless.

E) Next Season

Basically, the rest of this season is going to be spent improving on what has been learned in the first seven weeks and working towards a better league next season.

Thats pretty much it. I wouldn't be here assisting with this if I didn't think this league had some potential, but the conduct on track to this point has been beyond unacceptable, and the only way to improve this is to make some changes. If you have questions or comments, make them below.

l medal l

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
Mar 21, 2016
1. @ElseCrib [ElseCrib] - Hungarian - Braking Line
2. @VN7 GT [VN7 GT] - British - Manual without Clutch, Racing Line
3. @JAakob_Ross17 [QuAz GiNGE] - British - Manual without Clutch, Braking Line
4. @Morvic [TheMorVic] - Polish - Braking Line
5. @WidowedGraph738 [widowedgraph738] - British - None
6. @F1x SPEED [F1x SPEED] - British - ABS
7. @Best1ale [best1ale] - Italian - Racing Line
8. @Quaz Tornado [QuAz ToRnAdO] - British - Manual without Clutch, Braking Line
9. @matt212 [Matt212gamingYT] - British - Braking Line
10. @klaws60 [klaws60] - English - Braking Line
11. @Casey legend99 [Casey legend99] - British - Manual with Clutch
12. @Keithn222 [Keithn222] - Scottish - ABS
13. @xHarryyyyyyyy [xHarryyyyyyyy] - British - Braking Line
14. @Damien l 92 [Damien l 92] - British - Braking Line
15. @AOR Neuville [AOR Neuville] - Scottish - Manual without clutch
16. @McMUFFin [zoMcMUFFinzo] - English - Braking Line
17. @XRC PhilGDUK [XRC PhilGDUK] - British - Manual without Clutch, Braking Line
19. @Bio42 [Bio 42] - German - None
20. @RC Iron STARK [RC Iron STARK] - French - Braking Line
22. @Da4thSuspect [Da4thSuspect] - English - Manual without Clutch
23. @RickyTan [LMR Hybrid] - Jamaican - Braking Line
24. @Martijn Rutte [MartijnR2702] - Dutch - Braking Line

Reserve Drivers:
1. @Riddle U [Riddle U] - American - None
2. @Bence Fehér [C0LDH3AD] - Hungarian - Braking Line & Manual without Clutch
3. @l medal l [L medal L] - American - Braking Line
4. @D3X1AN [D3X1AN] - British - Braking Line & Manual with clutch
5. @Rockstar Matt [Rockstar Matt] - American - Braking Line
6. @kurzawa [RC Steve 86] - Belgian - Manual without clutch, Braking Line
7. @cravedweller [crave dweller] - American - Manual without clutch, Braking Line
9. @LewisCentral [LewisCentral] - British - None

Coordinators:
- @ElseCrib
- @VN7 GT

Race Stewards:
- @Regamus
- @ElseCrib
- @VN7 GT

Reactions: RC Iron STARK

l medal l

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
Mar 21, 2016
I'm open to discussing this or hearing suggestions, but the conduct on the race track had to be addressed, and its my opinion (and that of others) that this is the best way to improve things.

Keithn222

F1 Test Driver
Mar 26, 2016
That sucks. I was enjoying driving the audi. I may pull out of the rest of the season as I didn't sign up to drive the merc against other merc's :(

l medal l

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
Mar 21, 2016
@Keithn222 understandable, but the issue of car balance had to be addressed. The fact is that testing should have been done on these cars prior to the season to make sure they were balanced, and at this point its too late to make a serious effort to get the cars balanced before the season is over.

EVR Matt212

1 Time XB1 Rookie League & Christmas Cup Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
May 5, 2015
what are we going to do with paintschemes, we just run what we want as long as it corresponds with the aor code?

EVR Matt212

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
May 5, 2015
and i present to you all the bright orange mercedes :p

Keithn222

F1 Test Driver
Mar 26, 2016
@l medal l not sure but if we are all going to race the merc I will probably do some testing with it today and see how I feel driving it then make my decision

Best1ale

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 18, 2016
it's petty that we have to change car now.. but i understand you.. we can do it like this for the rest of the season in my opinion... and for the next season we should really plan and check all the cars..

EVR Matt212

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
May 5, 2015
if we want to re do the social as merc testing i am more than happy @Keithn222