rFactor - Race Of Champions: Summer Edition | ApexOnlineRacing.com

rFactor - Race Of Champions: Summer Edition

xOwnage133

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 4 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
For all the fixed setups, check this folder: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0rRuDr5c-b_fmZOdk1pcm5zQ2VndlRISC0yaEdTM0R6QVl1bTFUSEUxdUtDcGcyN21zZTQ&usp=sharing
It will get updated throughout the day.

Today, the second day kicks off. I thank everyone for showing up yesterday. There's a little issue in group 6 as some drivers backed out and I couldn't find a replacement. I will try to fix it ASAP. Ron Squire has switched with Joe. Ron being now in group 5 and Joe in group 8 to match his private life 'schedule'.

Group 5:
  • Ron Squire
  • Ryan Littlemore
  • Adrian Falcon
  • MickeyMickeyMotionz
Group 6:
  • race_fanatic_
  • James McCrae
  • Joe Malson
  • NA
Group 7:
  • Teemu Valkeejärvi
  • Rick Kamminga
  • Pashalis Gergis
  • Kuba Brzezinski
Group 8:
  • Maik Panneman
  • Sebastian Job
  • Joe
  • Daniel Brewer
I believe this is the right line up. It's been very confusing since quite a few drivers have backed out last minute, but I believe it's all sorted. If something's wrong, please contact me ASAP. But I believe everything is right for tonight, except the fourth spot in G6 of course.

Reactions: Hampus Soderberg

ChickenFries

Junior Karter
Aug 12, 2015
Is the meeting mandatory? I will most likely make it but it will be close. Getting new phones and if it takes too long I might miss just the meeting. I hope things go smoothly. I will make the race.

xOwnage133

Jan 13, 2014
Is the meeting mandatory? I will most likely make it but it will be close. Getting new phones and if it takes too long I might miss just the meeting. I hope things go smoothly. I will make the race.
It is very recommended. If you can't make it, you can't make it. Simple as that, but as said, I do recommend it. It's your choice

ChickenFries

Junior Karter
Aug 12, 2015
It is very recommended. If you can't make it, you can't make it. Simple as that, but as said, I do recommend it. It's your choice
I'm just saying that there's a slim chance I won't make only the meeting. I just didn't know if I miss the meeting I get disqualified. It's 1:50 Eastern U.S. time correct?

xOwnage133

Jan 13, 2014
I'm just saying that there's a slim chance I won't make only the meeting. I just didn't know if I miss the meeting I get disqualified. It's 1:50 Eastern U.S. time correct?
"British Standard Time is 5 hours ahead of Eastern Time". So, yes

Hampus Soderberg

AOR PC Assetto Corsa S4 & RallyCross S1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
This game will never let me just do some practise, another fault after another.

Now I tried the fixed setup for the first time. With default setup ffb felt fine, I had confidence. With the fixed setup wheel feels ****. Near the centre it's hopeless feels like everytime I get near centre the wheel wants to stay there, no precision at all and it feels like the car does whatever it wants. :/

The sound from the video makes it obvious

Last edited:

Togomies

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 14, 2014
This game will never let me just do some practise, another fault after another.

Now I tried the fixed setup for the first time. With default setup ffb felt fine, I had confidence. With the fixed setup wheel feels ****. Near the centre it's hopeless feels like everytime I get near centre the wheel wants to stay there, no precision at all and it feels like the car does whatever it wants. :/

The sound from the video makes it obvious
My settings:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cm6gim3iweqt50k/rF1 G27.rar?dl=0

I recommend making BACK UPS from old files first. To get my settings working put
controller.ini to your user folder (rFactor/Userdata/[playername]),
RealFeelPlugin.ini to main folder (rFactor) and
LeoFFB.ini, LeoFFB.dll and RealFeelPlugin.dll to plugins folder (rFactor/plugins).

Hampus Soderberg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014

xOwnage133

Jan 13, 2014

Thanks a lot! :)
In order to avoid .mas errors, check the first post I made. You need to change a file. Secondly, make sure the Atom mod is loaded as the first mod. So you load the mod while in the menu, exit game, and reload it. Then, it should launch with the Atom mod.

ChickenFries

Junior Karter
Aug 12, 2015
Things went from bad to worse. I'm not going to make it. My family is taking too long and still didn't settle on a phone plan. Lol. Really sorry for the inconvenience. I hope next year works out better.

Hampus Soderberg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
In order to avoid .mas errors, check the first post I made. You need to change a file. Secondly, make sure the Atom mod is loaded as the first mod. So you load the mod while in the menu, exit game, and reload it. Then, it should launch with the Atom mod.
Haha, everything runs smoothly now! :)

Sebi13

Junior Karter
May 26, 2015
Had lots of fun. Shame about all the last minute changes, but Jeroen handled it all brilliantly. Kinda annoying that I was the only one to get penalties in my group :D Congrats to Dan and Teemu, will be watching tomorrow aswell. Once again, thanks Jeroen for organizing, I'll definitely sign up for future ones if I am available!

Good luck to everyone tomorrow :)

Edit: Great job with the streaming Justin!

Last edited:

xOwnage133

Jan 13, 2014
Please, check the Drive document in terms of planning for today. It may not have been entirely updated (yet). After yesterday, I was too busy to let the server work with the mods for tomorrow.

To see the mods we will use, check the tab 'Rounds' which is completely up to date.
Obviously, the top 2 of each group advanced.

Thanks for the understanding, and see you guys tonight

Last edited:

xOwnage133

Jan 13, 2014
Update:

The Ford V8 Supercar in the first knockout round has been (temporarily) replaced with the Corvette from the WSC70 mod!!!

Trying to get the V8 Supercar working, I will update in a while the definite format.

EDIT: Got the V8 Supercar working (magically), This means the the V8 Supercar will replace the Corvette. I wanted to run with one car less, and I had issues with the Corvette and the fixed setup anyway (Corvette mod uses about 400 car classes..)

The format is now FINAL.

Last edited:

Hampus Soderberg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Update:

The Ford V8 Supercar in the first knockout round has been (temporarily) replaced with the Corvette from the WSC70 mod!!!

Trying to get the V8 Supercar working, I will update in a while the definite format.

EDIT: Got the V8 Supercar working (magically), This means the the V8 Supercar will replace the Corvette. I wanted to run with one car less, and I had issues with the Corvette and the fixed setup anyway (Corvette mod uses about 400 car classes..)

The format is now FINAL.
Am I the only one not getting engine sounds from the formula ford? Gonna have to try again now, but didn't work yeserday.. :(

xOwnage133

Jan 13, 2014
Am I the only one not getting engine sounds from the formula ford? Gonna have to try again now, but didn't work yeserday.. :(
Try to overwrite the GameData/Sounds location with the mod if you can. Make sure you've got all files in the rFactor root directory

Hampus Soderberg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Try to overwrite the GameData/Sounds location with the mod if you can. Make sure you've got all files in the rFactor root directory
Done but doesn't work. Technically would still be possible to drive, I hear all things like air, tyres and hitting full revs but cannot hear the engine noise.

With overwriting gamedata/sounds do you mean I should just extract the mod and choose to overwrite if winrar asks me to? I've done that.
[DOUBLEPOST=1439826000][/DOUBLEPOST]It suddenly decided to work! :)

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Well done to Ownage for organising this and even winning, and Justin of course for constantly speaking for hours. I enjoyed watching it. Smashing fun can't wait for the next one. (y)