PS4 - Robin brake to late and take me out of the race witch ruins a potential race win | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Robin brake to late and take me out of the race witch ruins a potential race win

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamGamerOfficial

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 6, 2019
Platform + League: PS4 + F5
League Coordinator: @Bankai_Bullett
Date: 11/10/19
Members Involved: @robin8f
Description:
Fighting for a potential race win at Germany, at the very end of the race @robin8f takes me out heavily in turn 2 and I lose 2 places and he didnt even letted me by afterwards and I came P4 behind him and @Zaack! Also, it's definitely not lag incident because @robin8f lost a good piece of his wing if you see the POV again when he took me out.

There is always something that need to happen, I cant believe my luck this season...

Evidence:
(Special shoutout to Zack for providing this POV to me)

Last edited:

SamGamerOfficial

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 6, 2019
I also want to had that this is related to this rule. The car behind is responsable for any incidents that happens when they try to be close or/and overtake you easier. Risk of contact is always higher when your the chaser, and your right behind a car that brakes normally to take the next corner.

Picture_20191110_180141544.jpg

SamGamerOfficial

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 6, 2019
Extra help and infos for the stewards:

So @robin8f got his POV for the incident where he takes me out.

How do I know it? Well, he reported a steward enquiry against me where he reveals some of his race's POV & more... Check it out here

But the thing is, if he got the POV of our incident and doesnt want to show it, can he get penalised for that? Even if I got the proves that he does?

Otherwise if it's isnt the case, pls note this important point @Head Steward and @Bankai_Bullett: If there is proof that he recorded the video and doesn't want to share it, that should say something about what RLY happened and WHO is totally wrong...

robin8f

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 20, 2019
Sorry for the late reply.
From my point of view it's very clear, Sam braked much earlier for turn 2 then he did in any of the previous laps that I was behind him, while I didn't brake later than I did in the previous laps, unfortunately this then resulted in an accidental hit between us. I was already able to brake later for turn 2 on previous laps before the incident due to me being on medium tyres and him being on older hard tyres, however that never resulted in any problems. The only reason why it resulted in an accidental hit between us on lap 33 was because Sam suddenly braked much earlier than normal, and since I was so close behind him I couldn't avoid him.

I also want to make it clear that I never had anything to gain from taking a risk of braking later than normal at that corner or doing any other risky move, let alone hitting him, because I was already virtually leading the race. Sam in P2 had 3 seconds of time penalties, Hamres in P1 had 6 seconds of time penalties, while I didn't have a time penalty. Since I was within a second of Sam and just above a second behind Hamres, I was already virtually leading the race, and I also still had a pace advantage on them, so I could just follow them. Proof of these time penalties is in the race results & race director in the video below.
In conclusion, unfortunately Sam made a mistake by braking far earlier than normal, with the following collision resulting in him losing one net position to Zaack, while I got my front wing broken from it and immediately got under attack from Zaack at the following straight. Unfortunately Sam has now decided to blame me for his own mistake.

SamGamerOfficial

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 6, 2019
Bold of you to assume I braked earlier than previously...

Show POV than if you think that I broke earlier, or you will pussy out?

+ You ruined my race, congratulations! And if you think your win was guarranted, your wrong asf because you could of got another warning at any time, who knows? Than it would of resulted you to get the same amount of penalty than I... Technically the win for me was still on. And even if it wasnt I found this stupid that you ran into me.

I had no problem when my teamate was behind me during 15 laps... It would be a shame to lie as well and bide the fact it was truly your fault. I stated the rule too witch shows that car behind is responsible for any incident caused to the front car. It was also your fault that you were close to my gearbox, what do you expect, get suprised and you brake later unnecessararly behind me, you had fresher tyres as well so why being so impatient?

I'l let the steward decide about that one, it's clear that this guy is at fault... Shame!

robin8f

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 20, 2019
As you can clearly see in the video below, for every lap in my second stint on the mediums, lap 22 until & including lap 33 (lap of the incident), I braked at the exact same point, which is right after the start of the kerb on the left to be precise. For every lap, this did not result in any problem, but as you can see, in lap 33 Sam suddenly braked much earlier and decided to completely park his car before the corner, instead of actually going through the corner normally. As you can see, I braked at the exact same moment as in all the previous laps (in which there was no problem), I braked as hard as I could and hoped that Sam would move to the right and go through the corner, but unfortunately he didn't, resulting in the hit.

I will also just repeat again what I said previously, since I was already in the virtual lead of the race due to time penalties, I didn't have any reason to take any risks there, such as braking later than normal, so I also didn't do that. But since Sam braked early and decided to completely park his car before the corner instead of going through the corner, the result was a collision between us. The hit then resulted in Sam losing one net position and gave me wing damage, plus allowed Zaack to immediately attack me.
Of course very coincidentally, Sam doesn't have his footage, so he can't show that it was him who was clearly at fault here.

SamGamerOfficial

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 6, 2019
I have the rights to brake later or early when I am in front to get better exit out of the corners, especially gor this one because there is a long straight right after... Your argument is zero... As I stated already, the driver behind is responsible for AMY collision caused on the front driver. And you defenitly braked a 10 meters later than usual to stay close behind me... I wont resume my comments on this cause everything is said from my part. Let's let the stewards decide about this, as it clear who's at fault...

Last edited:

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Jan 25, 2014
The stewards have reviewed the footage and have found @robin8f to be at fault for causing a minor avoidable collision. Looking at it frame-by-frame, it's clear to see that @robin8f braked slightly later than usual (at the green astro, in previous laps he starts to brake at the 100m board) which causes him to run into the back of @SamGamerOfficial . He will receive a 5 second time penalty and 5 penalty points for this contact.

@Bankai_Bullett

Status
Not open for further replies.