PS4 - Rookie League Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Rookie League Main Thread

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
As someone who's been keeping an eye on the league, I think Thorn will agree that this league has been a massive success in general but funnily enough it probably grew too big too fast, as you had the 'reserve league' created soon after, but then there was even more people that wanted to join, which would have led to a 2nd reserve league but there was no way that @Jthorn97 could cover and create an extra league.

The issue with both the Rookie and Reserve leagues is you have a complete mix of pace and driver assists used, but I don't think it was ever envisioned that the Rookie league would take off the way it has.

I think this more or less says what the problem is, I'm guessing some people might not be impressed that this is called a 'Rookie League' when you have the likes of @Squizza1990, @maxtheracer & @B5NCO (just to name a few) who are very fast on this game (I think I've seen there names a few times very high in the world rankings at some tracks in TT) who in reality aren't Rookies, it shouldn't be unsurprising to others when those who consider themselves to be a 'Rookie' and are many seconds slower then the pace of the leaders are unhappy at the current situation.

What's the solution then you're probably asking, well Thorn's done a great job with the limited time he has and the fact you now have a committed new co-ord should help for the future, as for the right here right now I think with less then half the season left, it might be best for you to just to see out the rest of the season with the odd driver swap if its clear pace wise, someone from the reserve league should be racing in the rookie league and vice versa.

However what I would suggest after this season is finished, is a complete overhaul of the 'Rookie' & 'Reserve' league.
With all the current and new Assist users that joined AOR, while in a perfect world they should be looking to race 'assist free', most will probably not want to do this as this is how they always like to race or they would struggle and wouldn't have fun any more.
But what we shouldn't be doing is trying to 'force' people into going Assist free so they can race in AOR, it could discourage people who race with assists from wanting to still race in AOR in the future, as long as they all race 'clean and fair' which is part of the sites motto then no real harm is done.

So what I propose for next season is a clear and complete separation of Assist and Non-Assist users in leagues. So the 'Rookie League' would become the basis of a 'Assists League (Tier 1)' or become known as A1, basically on a par with the current top tier - F1.
This would mean there is parity between both leagues and both would be the top tier in there respective area and everyone would know that.
Also with the amount of assist users who currently race/wanted too or have a interest in doing so, more leagues would likely be created A2, A3 etc and a TT method would have to be used to put everyone in the correct league or as best as they could like for this current season. Also it would give people a clear single choice, you either choose to race in the 'Assists only' league or 'No Assists' league for the upcoming season, you can't pursue both!

However if this idea is actually pursued, then it should be solely down to the Assist users to run these leagues, as many of the current co-ords have a lot to do and don't have the time to oversee or run these extra leagues, sure they might be able to give a helping hand at the start but after that you should/would be on your own and that itself brings a lot of responsibly and trust, as a fair few new co-ords would be required for these leagues and to make sure they run smoothly.

Obviously there no guarantees what will happen in the future, but either way this should all get sorted out in the end, I just hope you find a solution your all happy with.
Good idea and it's maybe something we'll consider. But there is quite a long time before the planning for the next season starts, and I'm not even sure if I will continue as a coordinator next season.

The only problem that see it with this idea is that it will encourage people to sign up for the assist leagues that the main leagues will suffer. Some drivers might choose the assist league just because they want to use assist when they deffo can drive without it.

• Agree
Reactions: AOR Perez

Flushie

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 10, 2016
Well that needs some thoughts indeed.

But personally, I can race without assists.
I don't like it! and with assists I'm faster.
So if I'm forced into non assists, I would not be racing AOR league I think..

Yeah needs some work.
I think we need a good balance, and not a shitload of tiers that ain't gonna have enough drivers.
I don't mind racing faster drivers, but a bit more equally is more fun! Then it's this season.

• Agree
Reactions: MORETHANAMAZING

MORETHANAMAZING

Bottlejob Extraordinaire
Premium Member
Aug 1, 2014
Well that needs some thoughts indeed.

But personally, I can race without assists.
I don't like it! and with assists I'm faster.
So if I'm forced into non assists, I would not be racing AOR league I think..

Yeah needs some work.
I think we need a good balance, and not a shitload of tiers that ain't gonna have enough drivers.
I don't mind racing faster drivers, but a bit more equally is more fun! Then it's this season.
I agree with this 100%, the worst thing we can do is have league full of drivers who are better without assists, but we defo have enough drivers for at least 2 leagues of assists drivers, perhaps those who are already in non assists league are not allowed to move over, of if they want to, they start in the reserves list, seems a fair way, as we have been running mainly assists all season we should get 1st priority

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
The only problem that see it with this idea is that it will encourage people to sign up for the assist leagues that the main leagues will suffer. Some drivers might choose the assist league just because they want to use assist when they deffo can drive without it.
That's a fair point you raise, but considering the F1 leagues in AOR have always been geared towards no assists, I think that if they were split into 2 even separate divisions (Non-Assists & Assists).
That the prestige that comes from winning in a AOR F1 league would be higher in a non-assist league then winning in a assist league, but that's just my opinion of course.

Reactions: Flushie

kam

Reigning S14 AOR PS4 F7 Champion
Jul 10, 2015
I am currently working on a table that'll show the point standings for everyone if they were to finish in the Top 10 in Singapore

Depending on how it's received, I'll be doing it for the rest of the season

Reactions: HRL Cavy

Curtis Ella

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 25, 2016
Hello. When does the new season start for you guys? If so how do I enter? Is there spaces this season?

Last edited:
  • What?

HRL Cavy

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 29, 2016
https://f1nc.wordpress.com/

Started a F1 News website which will have daily news, pm me on the forum to let me know if you want to be a writer because right now, I am the only one lmao. Just make sure if you do want to, just be a good journalist, like research online, and have no typo or grammatical errors!

washy03

S14 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 2, 2016
@AOR Perez, i got a PM explaining the personal reasons why he can't continue. It's a shame to lose another driver.