Aug 21, 2016
Round 4 - Spanish Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 13

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 14th May 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
Laps: 33

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Last edited by a moderator:

W4ckyRac3r

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
May 18, 2015
Just a heads up, I'm at Silverstone on Sunday for the Blancpain GT race, I should be back home in time for 8, but if I don't show that is why :)

• Informative
Reactions: Thompson

Slickk

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 12, 2017
Except for the first 16 turns the track's pretty alright

James Thorpe

F1 Triple Champion
Jan 19, 2014
Most likely wont be racing this one as my final exam is on Monday afternoon, but might use it as a welcome break if I feel up for it. ;)

• Informative
Reactions: Thompson

Michaelx99

S13 AOR PC Split 2 Champion
Mar 21, 2017
Does anybody else have some small like frame skipping , sort of frame drops , like the game jumps ahead 0.1-0.2 in turn 1, its the first time i had this king of issue and its really unpleasent.

TheAPlegends

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 15, 2016
Oh god, this is like 3rd time I'm writing my report while the race is still actually going. And't it's a real shame condisidering I had one of my better races here last season. I was sandwitched after the start and spun into the wall, lost my front wing and got a drive trough coming back to change it. I was last and 20 seconds behind. I got that to 10 secs but then I span on the green thingie on the exit of turn 3, hit the wall of the right and lost my front wing again. So I just retired into the pits since I could do nothing anymore.

iZi

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 5, 2017
Great race, first time to finish in the points for me in split 2! :D

Had some good battling throughout the whole race but also some pretty close calls, specialy the 2nd one with @RigorousTiger and @Snarf Snarf

Ezend92

Pro Karter
Jan 26, 2016
its okay, race was pretty much downhill before the pit entrance with a bad wing
here is the video of the qualifying P1 lap time for those interested

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
Congrats to @OmegaIV ! Nice first win there!

Regarding myself I wasn´t lucky in this game since months, so no surprise it continued this round. :penguin:

First, I was sent into the wall by @Michaelx99 during qualifying. Don´t know what you were trying there or what was going on in general (lag?) but it didn´t work out for both of us. I had to start last.

Second, My start was ok but there was some scramble going on next to me towards turn 1. This time I was sent to Narnia, fortunately without hitting the wall but it did cost me a lot of time.

Third, For some reason I could not hear my engineer the whole race although he is hearable in the video.

Apart from all that it was a really enjoyable race. My pace wasn´t great and especially my exits out of the chicane were too slow.
The second stint was truly insane. Literally every lap during the second half of the race I had to defend from multiple attacks down the main straight. Was good fun to fight with @Takacs Oliver @GRZEGORZ and @Mulchian - thx for keeping it clean. After the DSC from @Ezend92 my tough race was rewarded with a point.

I can recommend to watch this because some good racing without any contact happened here and there. :joyful:

Reactions: Michaelx99

Michaelx99

S13 AOR PC Split 2 Champion
Mar 21, 2017
Congrats to @OmegaIV ! Nice first win there!

Regarding myself I wasn´t lucky in this game since months, so no surprise it continued this round. :penguin:

First, I was sent into the wall by @Michaelx99 during qualifying. Don´t know what you were trying there or what was going on in general (lag?) but it didn´t work out for both of us. I had to start last.

Second, My start was ok but there was some scramble going on next to me towards turn 1. This time I was sent to Narnia, fortunately without hitting the wall but it did cost me a lot of time.

Third, For some reason I could not hear my engineer the whole race although he is hearable in the video.

Apart from all that it was a really enjoyable race. My pace wasn´t great and especially my exits out of the chicane were too slow.
The second stint was truly insane. Literally every lap during the second half of the race I had to defend from multiple attacks down the main straight. Was good fun to fight with @Takacs Oliver @GRZEGORZ and @Mulchian - thx for keeping it clean. After the DSC from @Ezend92 my tough race was rewarded with a point.

I can recommend to watch this because some good racing without any contact happened here and there. :joyful:

Sorry for that stupid mistake of mine , i was pushing really hard got on the kerb and lost it.

• Friendly
Reactions: N1kmido

RigorousTiger

rFactor2 Coordinator
Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2017
Sorry for being so late but I wanted to wait until I upload my highlights.

After messing up my quali lap in sector 3, which cost me pole I had a great start which got me up to p1. After lap 1 i built a nice lead but some random person joined so I had some lag which put me right back into @Michaelx99 @Ezend92 and @LambreX . Then when coming into the pits i was around 1km/h over the speed limit and got a drive through. Then I just went full on recovery mode and pushed while continuing my s-m-m strategy. I had some great battles with @Thompson @Mulchian @iZi and @Snarf Snarf before nearly getting @LambreX . It was really fun to battle my way up to p4 and nearly finishing on the podium after that drive through and i hope i can continue my good form in monaco. Here is my highlights video and congrats to @OmegaIV for the win.