Dec 27, 2015
Round 8 - French Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 2nd December 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit Paul Ricard
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Qélon
- @ramdrop
- @Ian Bastein
- @Haydn

Last edited by a moderator:

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
Time of day change for France

Due to the game's "official" time-of-day setting giving particularly unrealistic and annoying lighting at Paul Ricard, all leagues will be running time-of-day at "midday" as a one-off for the French GP.

Qélon

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Sep 15, 2016
Sorry won't be able to make it as my pedals act very weridly:sick:

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
I can't Cod tonight since I've fallen really ill and have a very important/long week ahead of me so I've prioritized my rest over racing tonight unfortunately. @Thompson will be Codding, I can promise this is a one-off and I'll be back next week ;)

Last edited:

Ian Bastein

Formula 4 1st Driver
Nov 15, 2017
I do not want to race with @Leman any longer, if something could be arranged I would very much appreciate, maybe moving me down a split or something else, I don't know.

I am open for talking it out if it cannot be sorted though but after being taken out twice in 2 races and the second one pretty blatantly I really don't want to race with him. I would have loved to have video proof but recording program failed me once again..... god why is there something above idk whatever preventing me from getting race recordings in....

P.S. I am really sorry for deliberately crashing myself out of the race, I was too emotional at the time to think properly and really regret this decision. I will take full responsibility for this and accept any penalty that's given for this,

Last edited:

Zerd

S16 AOR PC F4 Champion
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2017
I do not want to race with @Leman any longer, if something could be arranged I would very much appreciate, maybe moving me down a split or something else, I don't know.

I am open for talking it out if it cannot be sorted though but after being taken out twice in 2 races and the second one pretty blatantly I really don't want to race with him. I would have loved to have video proof but recording program failed me once again..... god why is there something above idk whatever preventing me from getting race recordings in....

P.S. I am really sorry for deliberately crashing myself out of the race, I was too emotional at the time to think properly and really regret this decision. I will take full responsibility for this and accept any penalty that's given for this,
from the streams POV that looks more on you than him, and you shouldn't be moved down as your pace is more than good enough for this split, let alone lower splits.

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
Ok Zerd Cool

Can you actually run me through what happened @Ian Bastein since the stream pov is at a dodgy angle and I don't want to come to conclusions without knowing what actually happened. If you want to DM it to me that would be great.

Ian Bastein

Formula 4 1st Driver
Nov 15, 2017
from the streams POV that looks more on you than him, and you shouldn't be moved down as your pace is more than good enough for this split, let alone lower splits.

@Zerd I'm talking about an incident that wasn't caught on stream you dunce.... and please don't involve yourself with a case that has nothing to do with you.

@Haydn it was an incident before the one that you saw on stream. It was a few laps prior to that where the guys on stream noticed I lost a place to Adidas Tracksuit and they thought it was a mistake made by myself or something. But what happened was in Sector 3 on the little straight after the super high speed right hander right after the 2 long back straights I went up his side and he just steered right into my sidepod as we were side by side already on the straight, so we already passed the corner . This caused me to go into a massive spin across the entire run off area and it's a miracle my car stayed outside the walls. And you obviously already know about the Canada one the week before.

Last edited:

Zerd

S16 AOR PC F4 Champion
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2017
@Zerd I'm talking about an incident that wasn't caught on stream you dunce.... and please don't involve yourself with a case that has nothing to do with you.

@Haydn it was an incident before the one that you saw on stream. It was a few laps prior to that where the guys on stream noticed I lost a place to Adidas Tracksuit and they thought it was a mistake made by myself or something. But what happened was in Sector 3 on the little straight after the super high speed right hander right after the 2 long back straights I went up his side and he just steered right into my sidepod as we were side by side already on the straight, so we already passed the corner . This caused me to go into a massive spin across the entire run off area and it's a miracle my car stayed outside the walls. And you obviously already know about the Canada one the week before.
if you're suggesting moving down to a lower split yes it does, you "dunce".

Ian Bastein

Formula 4 1st Driver
Nov 15, 2017
if you're suggesting moving down to a lower split yes it does, you "dunce".
it was just some dumb suggestion that i believe will never happen as there's no way they will allow me to move down with the results i am capable of getting in this split. but you know I can't leave the league cuz i'll be blacklisted. But I currently don't wanna drive in here either, especially after yesterday. and moving me up a split isn't a good idea either. so it's kind of like well.... wtf do i do.

Tom97HD

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Q: Qualified P5, not my best session, wasted laps and time on Softs and Supers without knowing there was rain in the race but all in P5, pretty good.

R: DNF, I thought I was the fastest but my tyre wear was critical, had a dry setup on and I was cooking my rears, I made the call on L6 to go for a 3 stop race as the undercut is super effective at Paul Ricard and hoped I could pull it off by running at a super strong pace all race, instead, I crashed 1 lap into my 2nd stint unfortunately, ultimately gutted because that was my best chance for a race win.