Jan 14, 2014
Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 1st October 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit
Laps: 29

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Soo, the first race of the season!

The lobby host this season will be @Jipper, with @Scott_Aitchison and @Snarf Snarf standing in as back-ups, just in case we need it. Please add them on Steam, so you can always get into the lobby.
I'll try to add you all on Steam as well, but it would be great if you could all add more drivers in our league.

Hope to see you all on sunday! :)

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Aye, i'll be there Cya on sunday!

unless your in tonights social and i'll cya then!

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Alright fellas, this time tomorrow we'll be fighting it out on track. But before we start, here's some information you might find useful. :)

The race lobby will be hosted by @Jipper, so make sure to add him on Steam. Also, it would be a good idea to add me on Steam, as I'll be the one sending the invites to the lobby. I've tried to send all of you a friend request, but I wasn't able to find some of your profiles. So check if I'm in your friends list already, or if you have received an invite from me already.
Please try to be online around 15 minutes before we officially start (7:45PM British Time). This is so we can start right on time at 8:00PM.

During the race, we use Discord to communicate. We advice you to atleast be present in the lobby (as long as it doesn't affect your connection). Here is a link to the server we use. Once you're in the server, post a message in the #permission_request channel saying you are a F1 racer and you'll be given permission to the voice channels by one of the coordinators.
In the Discord server we use Push-To-Talk, so make sure you've got a button assigned on your wheel, pad or somewhere else where you can easily reach it. If you don't have a headset or microphone, do not worry as we obviously can't make it mandatory for you to have one.

There have been concerns about the Formation Lap and Safety Car, so it has been decided both of them have been turned OFF. Read more about how and why in this post HERE.

Last of all, a little bit of advice for you all (especially for the people who've never raced in a league before).
Stay calm! You won't be able to win every race, or even get points every race. There are 20 people racing in this split, only one of them can win and only half of us will score points. It's better to be a little bit slower, but consistent and able to finish most races, than be lightning quick but not able to consistently finish races.

That's all! If you have any questions, don't hesistate to ask them :)

Cheers :)

hennree

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 15, 2017
Hey everyone,

Would anyone in F6 like to drop down to F7? I have a friend in F6 and would love to race with him.

(i've spoken with Fisifan91 who has given this the OK if I can find someone to swap with)

Thanks

Hennree

TwoFiftySix

Formula Karter
Sep 3, 2017
Whelp, this was a race to forget. Sry about the crash in turn one, @Flips got a bad start, so I didn't want to break earlier and risk someone piling into me. Locked up. That's my point of view. I'll upload my POV later. See you at the next one, maybe the weather won't be *this* annoying again.

Scott_Aitchison

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 27, 2015
Q- 20th
R - DNF

What a terrible start to the season. I spun on my first 2 qualifying laps and got my last lap invalidated. I crashed out of the race just by a harmless spin as well. Hopefully I can bounce back at the next race. My POV is below:

Reactions: TheVerenzak

schumizeu

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 10, 2016
I have a question: why on the out lap in qualify i received an invalid lap penalty for cutting a corner in the middle of the track but also the next lap was invalid? There where about 2 minutes before Q end. Stupid game.

Race was a mess too, after first lap i was in P3 but the weather was a major pain in the ass. rain but DRS still active.
After first pit i switch to inters but i was 2 seconds slower than before. Second pit in lap 17, moved back to softs and crashed in T3 with terminal damage.

Also please take in consideration the start time. All drivers except one or two were ready with about 5 minutes before official start time. Please show some respect and be ready at least 10 minutes before the official time. For me the official start time is 10PM. A 5 minutes delay turned into a 15 minutes delay..

Flips

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 31, 2016
I managed to get Pole Position in the Qualifying Session P1.

Race:

I had a bad start on the start/finish-straight, so I dropped down to P2, trying to catch @Lamp.
After a few laps of battling with the condition of the track, I dropped into the Pit Lane at lap 8.

At turn 7 (on lap 10) I got sidepot-glitched with a RedBull driver - damage on the front wing.
After just 2 laps on the Super-Soft, I had to get into the Pits again for repairs.

I have already made 2 stops, which is normal to do on the Australian Circuit - so I stayed out for the rest of the race.

At lap 20 I was trying to catch the front-row drivers, @JamieFoppele was right in front of me.
Lap 24 (or 25) Jamie had a lag-spike so my Front Wing got damaged (again), but I managed to overtake Jamie.

I had a few penalties, so I had to create a big gap between me and the car behind. Which I managed to do.

On the very last lap it felt so great to become 3rd after two incidents.

Qualifying:
Pole Position - 1st

Race:
Podium - 3rd

JamieFoppele

Assetto Corsa Skin Creator
Jan 13, 2014
I went out in qualifying with no expectations whatsoever and taking fifth in the end was a very pleasant surprise.

The race however was a different story. My initial take-off was good, but I almost wheelspinned my car into the barriers in 3rd gear. A few corners later I hit a Sauber driver that spinned in front of me, this lost me a bunch of places and part of my front wing. I pitted after a very sloppy inlap, went for Super Softs, replaced my front wing and rejoined somewhere towards the end of the field. I think I drove quite consistently during the entire race and kept out of trouble, until lap 24. I was trying to create a gap to @Flips to cover my penalty, but unfortunately I lost half of my front wing at the exit of turn 2. These final few laps, with half a front wing, costed me two places, so I ended up in my starting position.

Really enjoyed the conditions we had, altough I would much rather have a full wet race instead of something like this. My pace was encouraging and I hope to be able to stay as competitive as yesterday for the remainder of the season.

Congratulations to my teammate, @[email protected], on taking the win and of course to @Lamp and @Flips on taking the remaining podium spots.

Last edited:

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Hi All,

Disappointing Qually session first lap couldnt get the pace so had a second lap knowing the race was going to be wet so i wasnt concerned about tyre wear but ran out a fuel and got back to the pits with 2 mins left. meaning i couldnt change tyres and get back out, but between 9th where i qualified and 3rd there was only 4 tenths in it! so looking forward to the next session,

Race was pretty fun actually, the conditions were annoying and i started on those worn tyres as it wasnt wet enough for Inters, i got a glitch on the first corner after being shunted in the rear a few times and pushed off the circuit i had to "give a position back" but the player it had selected was at the back of the grid, i'd slow'd down initially to allow the driver to overtake until i realised he was at the back so ended up with a 10 second stop go penalty!! spent the race fighting my way through the grid tho and finished 7th after being 14th on lap 3 after serving my penalty.

Was catching @TwoFiftySix for 2 laps and i think he got abit exicited and crashed out on the final corner of lap 8 ;) chased a few other drivers then had a 8 lap hunting session for @VARD at the end of the race and managed to steal his 7th place with 1 lap to spare!

All in all very fun, and very tricky driving in the slippery conditions! POV below.(Someone had started the race by accident before expected so didnt manage to get my recording started for the race start unforunately as i was setting my race strategy! so it starts from the pit stop and penalty serving lap 3)

Cya all next week

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Definitely not how I wanted my season to start. Felt quite confident going into the race, but everything basically went wrong.

Qualifying: P16
Because of the weather predictions in the race, I decided to go for two US attempts instead of trying to set a good lap on the SS. Did my first lap, which was a 1:24.7 - was 8 tenths up in the second sector on my second lap, but I cut the penultimate corner ever so slightly, so had to abandon it. On my second set of US, I crashed my car. So the 1:24.7 - which was quite embarrasing - was my time. I feel like I could've gotten atleast another 1.2 / 1.3s out of it. Which would've put me closer to P10.

Race: P12
I really hope we never get these weather conditions ever again.
Started on the SS and had a pretty decent start, managed to avoid most of the carnage on the first lap. Found myself in P7 at the start of L2, but bottled it at the end of the first sector and broke my wing. Made my stop, and went onto the inters, because I thought the conditions were wet enough for them.
On L8, I made another stop, back onto the dry tyres (softs). Which obviously put me right at the back of the pack. Really didn't feel confident on these tyres in the beginning, but couldn't really go back for new inters, would've lost me just insane amounts of time. Was planning on stopping again on L21, for a set of US. But ofcourse I'm a nob, so broke my wing again and had to pit on L18, went for SS.
L20, I bottled it again and went in for another nose change. Changed to US for the last few laps, and thought 'meh, maybe I can get a FL'. Obviously didn't get that either, because you actually need to have some pace to get it. Got the second fastest lap though! :)
Finished 12th in the end, gathering 6s of penalties because I was just sliding around. Making 4 stops in the end.
Had good expectations, but it didn't work out in the end. Onto China! (which is a horrible track btw)

Wenkaz

Junior Karter
Sep 14, 2017
Had a horrible start to the season. First of all I thought it would transfer to intermediate conditions almost right away, so when I got my frontwing damaged I decided to pit for inters. Bad decision. Then at lap 17 right after a corner my pedals decides to get really sensitive, so a 20% throttle turns into a 100% one... I couldn't race with that, so I had to retire. and it was really weird since it has never happened before.. Gonna have to check that up before China lol.

ApplePhysics

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 23, 2017
After a good first lap, moving up from 11th to 3rd I spent a large amount of the time racing against Flips, for the effective lead. However, I lost connection for a while and upon rejoining had ended up back in 6th.

Overall, a good race with some good racing and very odd conditions that seemed to suit me.

TwoFiftySix

Formula Karter
Sep 3, 2017
Q- 20th
R - DNF

What a terrible start to the season. I spun on my first 2 qualifying laps and got my last lap invalidated. I crashed out of the race just by a harmless spin as well. Hopefully I can bounce back at the next race. My POV is below:

You spun in the exact way I did, at the exact same place... Terminal damage for me as well ^^
[DOUBLEPOST=1506968256][/DOUBLEPOST]
Whelp, this was a race to forget. Sry about the crash in turn one, @Flips got a bad start, so I didn't want to break earlier and risk someone piling into me. Locked up. That's my point of view. I'll upload my POV later. See you at the next one, maybe the weather won't be *this* annoying again.
I uploaded my POV now. No sound tho.

Reactions: Jipper