PC - Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix [01/10/17 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix [01/10/17 8:00pm]

djrabes

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 15, 2017
The race was completely mental. Not having my setup didn't help one bit and I locked up going into T1..60% brake bias WTF! :D

Had some good battles and some wheel banging but everything was okay in the end. Could of got a podium with my setup if I had one (Good meme there). People slowing down in Q was a bit OTT to be honest. Some going at 10mph to create a 10-15 second gap to the car ahead, a bit silly. Sorry if I got caught up with anyone on fast laps, I was getting held up ridiculously.

Hopefully, the game can get fixed soon. Really annoyed with some of the issues - Not sure how much I can take ;)

• Agree
Reactions: n0body_

SuoBBis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 13, 2014
Now I also noticed that when the race started, I had default setup. Brilliant.
Video of my stunning performance:

Last edited:

EVR Morvic

Reigning AOR PC GT Endurance Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016
Awful race, in short. :)

Didn't anyone really go on US -> SS strategy? It was so easy to execute. Mine got ruined by front wing damage.

sigro

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 20, 2017
Thanks guys! And thanks also to whoever mentioned the setup got reset before the start, had my finger over the ready button as you said that :eek:

Felt like high 20 was possible in quali, but didn't want to risk anything at this track with the corner cuts, so only ran 21.3 but it was still enough for pole as everyone else was probably cautious too. Then in the race I expected to be looking in my mirrors a lot but pulled away instead, somehow. Once I saw a 10 second gap over the nearest car I just tried not to get any penalties and bring the car home in one piece.

Codemasters clearly didn't make life easy for us with some of the multiplayer gremlins still in this game, but you guys managed it well and things went smoothly. As a noobie, thanks for the experience, and you seem like a friendly bunch on discord too. (y) Looking forward to the next one

@Morvic - My ultras were already quite slow even after 8 laps, so didn't want take the risk on SS for ~20 laps, maybe it was the wrong decision though.

Last edited:

n0body_

GP2 2nd Driver
Jun 19, 2017
And thanks also to whoever mentioned the setup got reset before the start, had my finger over the ready button as you said that :eek:
So you're saying you were on the grid and had the parc frame bug and changed your setup after someone mentioned it got reset?
Or am I reading that completely wrong? @Marco FD

Edit; After watching people's videos, people were changing setups back to what they had, not just you. Like most other people, I had no setup in the rage but also was still under parc ferme on the grid so there was nothing I could do about it.

Last edited:

Former user1

Banned Users
May 4, 2014
So you're saying you were on the grid and had the parc frame bug and changed your setup after someone mentioned it got reset?
Or am I reading that completely wrong? @Marco FD

Edit; After watching people's videos, people were changing setups back to what they had, not just you. Like most other people, I had no setup in the rage but also was still under parc ferme on the grid so there was nothing I could do about it.
just looked at my footage i also had the setup glitch but i didnt check it on the grid myself, no wonder i had such a **** race :p lost the car twice in places i normally wouldnt

n0body_

GP2 2nd Driver
Jun 19, 2017
just looked at my footage i also had the setup glitch but i didnt check it on the grid myself, no wonder i had such a **** race :p lost the car twice in places i normally wouldnt
Probably because like me and @djrabes, you were still under parc ferme on the grid. Nice bug codies.

sigro

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 20, 2017
I couldn't change the setup either, but it allowed me to choose one of the car presets or load a setup for some reason - so I just loaded my setup again to make sure.

RigorousTiger

rFactor2 Coordinator
Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2017
I think me using different front wing in the race compared to quali might have made life easier for some of us (Those in discord Voice Channel):p. Sadly my race still went horrible with having to make 3 stops due to front wing damage. Melbourne didn't treat me well but hopefully Shanghai will (although last season it f*cked me over a lot, costing me the championship) but I still seemed to have decent pace towards the end of the race so at least something positive.

N1kmido

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Sep 17, 2016
@Daresco and I had the same problem with the game setting our setups back to default. We weren´t on Discord for the race but luckily we noticed early enough and we also weren´t under Parc Ferme on the grid so we could change it back.

The race turned a little bit into a strange one. I got up to 3rd at the start and then a big gap was forming behind after Lap 1 already. I was following @_hN literally the whole race and also had a slight pace advantage due to him running on default setup but he did a good job keeping me at bay. He didn´t make any mistakes which makes it quite impossible to overtake around here unless you´re clearly faster.

I was suffering a lot from dirty air which earned me most of my warnings and I struggled a long time adapting to it. Better improve on here next time. :whistle:

Reactions: Daresco