PC - Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix [01/10/17 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix [01/10/17 8:00pm]

iZi

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 5, 2017
alot of effort for 1 **** lap where everyone goes completely yolo, realy cant understand what some were doing

DETERMINISM

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 27, 2017
I won t be taking part in any other races. My internet just can t handle it. Pleasure meeting you guys. Maybe after I get a better connection I ll come back. Till then, have fun and good luck to the reserve driver ! Sorry for any problems I may have caused...

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
Not sure what to say really. Was fighting for a podium all race would have probably finished around p4/5. But instead I get shafted, get front wing damage have to pit too early (which ruins the strat), get a 5 sec on pit entry, they don't change my front wing I then proceed to gain to time penalties cause of the under steer. Pit at the end for FL and don't even get it. Great start to AOR for me then.

Aaron Shum

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2016
Race results

1. Smeaj
2. AOR Grzesiu
3. getshum
4. kampfkoldo
5. Chicane
6. Thm786
7. Maku gaming
8. [email protected]
9. [AOR]The Genius
10. DackeBerg
11. Julien2395
12. only4win
13. Haydn02
14. Lunation
15. Yuridiculous - DNF
16. LambreX - DNF
17. Mr AlcoN - DNF
18. iZi - DNF
19. Don Seri - DNF
20. Determinism - DNF

Overall pretty happy with 3rd. Podium on first race. I know there were some incidents and but that's racing. Hopefully everyones luck is better next race :D

Here is my POV if anyone cares to watch!

@Chicane @GRZEGORZ @only4win @LambreX @iZi @MakuF1 @Julien2395 @koldo @Yuridiculous @Thm786 @DackeBerg @Haydn @FiveStarHeaven @DETERMINISM @Lunation @Westyy @DonSeri @The Genius @Mr AlcoN

Last edited:
Reactions: koldo

koldo

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 28, 2017
Come on guys...that first lap was ridicolous. I know that everyone wants to finish as high up as possible but remember that this is a non-contact sport. The first lap was absolute carnage, glad I made it throgh in one piece tbh.

The race itself was pretty good for me, happy I finished a solid 4th place, especially after a bad quali. Had some nice battles with my teammate @Thm786 in the opening laps, after that it was a lonely race for me beside chasing @Chicane . Sorry for the overtake, which was a bit agressiv but I got really impatient and the gap was certainly there.
Overall I´m happy with my personal result and the result we´ve got as a team @Thm786 .(y)

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
after that it was a lonely race for me beside chasing @Chicane . Sorry for the overtake, which was a bit agressiv but I got really impatient and the gap was certainly there.
@Thm786 .(y)
Also a bit my fault for leaving the door open. Should've taken the inside line straight after that fast chicane.

Q: Couldn't complain about the weather. Don't think I'd have been P4 in dry conditions, since some guys were talking about 21s while I was mid 22 at best.

R: The race went pretty weird. When I pitted in lap 9, I was convinced I'd have a podium, maybe even the win. Why? In the opening stint I was stuck behind Grzesiu for 9 laps. After an attempt in lap 3, I decided to stay behind, to save my front wing and not lose too much time in side-by-side action. SMEAJ was pitting earlier than lap 9 so he was on a 2 stop. Haydn went for Supersofts in the pits so he was on a 2 stop as well. Really expected to be able to perform an undercut with fresh softs. The undercut failed bigtime. I simply had bad pace on the softs. I just don't understand yet how I ended 26 seconds behind Grzesiu in 20 laps with only a few small errors.

Cya in China

highlights:

Mr AlcoN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jul 18, 2015
What to say...
Had a god start, out broke myself a bit into T1 but no serious.
Managed to survive 5 corners, then got taken out by cars flying all around me...

Last edited:

Mr AlcoN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jul 18, 2015
After seeing the replays I have to admit that there is way to much contac between drivers.
You have to judge your speed when cars are close to you.
Remember, we want it completely clean!

Thm786

S17 AOR PC F2 Champion
May 21, 2017

Incident with @Haydn at 3:27
I feel like it's my fault but this incident also ruined my race thoe :/

Reactions: koldo

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
That's my pov of it. Could have been fighting for p5 or above, not that annoyed anymore there's still 19 to go. I did brake quite early and that's the first time we have ever been together on track. That's why I didn't want to make a stweards enquiry just sounds stupid to do over that, this early in the season. I should be on SMEAJ's pace for the reast of the season, once I get up to speed with no RL cause I've only properly got rid of it in the last week or so and smeaj has seemed to adapt alot better than me. Also this was a bad track for me so I hope to be fighting for a podium next time. But until then it was a rly good race up until then, can't wait for the next one!

Thm786

S17 AOR PC F2 Champion
May 21, 2017
I'll might go for ping pong ;) no but seriously like I explained to Haydn and Smeaj, I was putting flying laps over flying laps so when I caught up to Haydn and Grzesiu, I didn't anticipate Haydn to brake that early compare to my brake point.
I apologize again, good luck for the remaining 19 races ^^

Last edited:
Reactions: DackeBerg and Haydn

Yuridiculous

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 26, 2017
well.. that was rather interesting..
i guess the lag issues off the start caught a few people out, and i overshot into t3 on the first lap (inexperience, my apologies for hitting @Thm786) did have a nice battle with @The Genius with clean side by side moments. Overal australia, monaco and singapore are my bogey tracks and i duly put it in the wall, lost my front wing, got overtaken left right and center and was too agressive on pit enrty binning it head on into the pit wall while understeering :bag:
anyway, cheers for the race guys and hope next start will be cleaner and with cars sticking to the tarmac instead of flying ;)

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
here's my race

not counting my chances for the championship yet because Australia, Bahrain and Russia are my best tracks and if I don't leave the first 4 rounds with at least 70 points I won't have a chance.