PS4 - Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix [01/10/17 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix [01/10/17 8:00pm]

Aressi191

S13 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Premium Member
Aug 7, 2016
1) After a long break we are finally back league racing. With many familiar faces back o nthe grid and a new game that promises new adventures, how do you think you handled the transition from F1 2016 to F1 2017 and which handling model accomodates your driving style better?

Good an both handling models fit good

2) Last season saw an immensely close Qualifying with the whole field being covered by 8 tenths, with dirty air being a huge factor and overtaking being a lot more difficult, who do you expect to turn up in qualifying and how do you think the pressure will affect your performance

I don't think pressure is affecting

3) Predictions please:
Pole: @David Greco
1) @alexukr
2) @David Greco
3) @Ali Kidd

First retirement: Myself

Last season you both have been fighting a very fierce title batte on and often off the track, do you think you can work together as a team after the events of S13 ?

Yes 100%

David Greco

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 14, 2017
To answer to the question, sorry for being late between; My plan is to get a feeling in a new league for me, get to know my opponents and slowly but surely, always within the rules, raise my game as I get more confidence with everything.

My expections are to be constantly fight for a top5 and hope to finish every race that I take part of, with no dnfs.

Ollie_D631

S14 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Apr 1, 2016
1) After a long break we are finally back league racing. With many familiar faces back o nthe grid and a new game that promises new adventures, how do you think you handled the transition from F1 2016 to F1 2017 and which handling model accomodates your driving style better?
F1 2017 is definitely a better game for me. Love the handling.

2) Last season saw an immensely close Qualifying with the whole field being covered by 8 tenths, with dirty air being a huge factor and overtaking being a lot more difficult, who do you expect to turn up in qualifying and how do you think the pressure will affect your performance?
There is definitely pressure for me in qualifying as it is not my strength. Hope to qualify in the top 10 to give a good chance for a good result in the race.

3) Predictions please:
Pole: @alexukr
1) @Ali Kidd
2) @alexukr
3) @David Greco
First retirement:

@Bcolt93

Ali Kidd

F1 Test Driver
AOR Commentator
Mar 26, 2016
I think I'm probably about the same pace on this game as I was on the last relative to others. I don't really have a 'driving style' as such, I just adapt to how it's fastest to drive on each game
2) Last season saw an immensely close Qualifying with the whole field being covered by 8 tenths, with dirty air being a huge factor and overtaking being a lot more difficult, who do you expect to turn up in qualifying and how do you think the pressure will affect your performance?
At the end of S13 pressure in qualifying was causing me huge problems, hopefully it's better on this game, although the shorter quali won't help. When I get it right, I have no doubt that I'll be right at the front, it's just getting a lap together that's proving difficult
Last season you both have been fighting a very fierce title batte on and often off the track, do you think you can work together as a team after the events of S13 ?
I have no issue with Aressi, so hopefully we can work together when it matters. Truth be told I couldn't really care less about the constructors, but it's always nice to be able to discuss strategy/setup together.

3) Predictions please:
Pole: Alex
1) Alex
2) Greco
3) Aressi
First retirement: Hopefully not me...

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Well that was worth it.
I mean come on guys, I didn't think we needed to remind people to be careful on the first lap this season, I thought it was kinda a given. Will be expecting much better in China.

wooly51

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 26, 2014
If anyone locates my rear grip. Please can you return it to the following.

Rear-End of RB13
Somewhere in Melbourne
Australia

• Funny
Reactions: Klayyyyyy

Shellay

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 2, 2017
We won't mention qualifying.

I don't know what happened to my brain as soon as we went into the race. Didn't even notice that it started me on SS as I am so used to it giving me the US, so I started on the wrong tyre. Then @Jthorn97 took an interesting line into t2 and my brain faded. Apologies to anyone I turned in on

clarky_110

F1 1st Driver
Jun 7, 2015
Pretty poor quali lap so was shocked to see myself in p3.

The race began and I was stuck behind Ali k and couldn’t even come close to passing him, dirty air on this game is so much stronger. Then Ali pit and as I tried to take advantage of the clean air I went of at T1 and lost positions. I was then held in the pits and came out behind Aressi who held me up for a while until finally passing him. By then it was too late and I was just trying to make sure I didn’t receive anymore penalties.

Overall glad to have points but I think I should have done better.

Last edited:

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
Had a really bad preparation for this race with a birthday party for myself during the whole day.

Qualifying
P9 Pretty crap lap. Bottled my two other attempts so only got one lap in.

Race
P10. Missed my braking point into T2 at the first lap and was down to second last. Pace was pretty good after that and was up to 8th before my tyres went and lost two positions down to 10th

Highlights:

SynTeTiC96

S15 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Apr 14, 2017
1) The transition was quite fast. Took me some hours but in the end there where no major problems
2) Since the field is very competitive (in quali the first 10 where between 3 tenths) there are many people, who have the chance of getting high up the grid in quali.
3) (sorry for my late answer)

How do you guys plan to approach your first AOR race and what are your targets for this season?
My goal was to finish my first Aor race without major problems like penalties or a damaged car. Having that said, my approach was to drive patient, dont take too much risks and try to have as much fun as possible. My target for the season was to get as much experience as possible and to get a feeling for driving with the best drivers on ps4. Additionally some points would be great, too!
Quali: P7. I was extremely unhappy with my quali lap. With my real setup i could do 21.3/21.2, but i was a little bit too nervous and bottled the first run, and had to do a save run in the second lap.
Race: P5. Unlike quali i was very proud of the speed i had. No mistakes no damage or incidents no penalties. As the race progressed i got calmer and faster with every lap. In the last laps of the race i had a close but fair fight with Alex, which was great fun. At the end i could achieve all my goals: Clear race, 10 points (didnt expect that at all), and a lot of fun and i'm looking forward to the next races :)

Reactions: alexukr

Aressi191

S13 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Premium Member
Aug 7, 2016
Qualifying 8th

Bad lap so much understeer, happy to get 8th with it

Race DNF

At start dropped to 12th in middle of all chaos and decided to go for different strategy and pit earlier for softs. Managed to undercut many positions and was running behind @alexukr until tyres got worn and couldn't stop sliding. Setup clearly didn't work with worn tyres (never did whole race when practised). In the end decided to retire in pitlane 'cause driving became nearly impossible. Big congrats to @JIM-NervoTank for win, to @David Greco for amazing debut and to my teammate @Ali Kidd for great podium drive.

BigC_019

GP2 2nd Driver
Sep 17, 2016
Quali: 10th, Race: 13th (US-SS-SS)

Lacklustre qualifying, same for everyone I guess. Damage on lap one, race over. Pace was strong and good enough for very strong points - onto China now.

wooly51

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 26, 2014
Nooooooo why? I use cockpit, is cool!
It's cool, David, but I'm painfully slow in it. Maybe that's me not being used to it but then also my judgement. I could try changing the FOV to make my height higher I suppose.

My main concern is getting the rear of the car connected to the front though. I shall be plowing on that tomorrow.

jamie-995

AOR PS4 RallyCross S1 Champion
Jan 4, 2016
Qualifying 17th: Embarrassing.

Race 9th: Very little pace but stayed out of trouble & made only a few small mistakes & once I went on the ultras was able to make good progress for a minor points finish.

• Winner
Reactions: Shellay

Ollie_D631

S14 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Apr 1, 2016
My Highlights.. some of you may have seen it already but i hadn't uploaded it to this thread so here it is. My performance could have been better but im getting a bit of bad luck at the moment. Looking forward to China to kick start my season properly! Congrats to @JIM-NervoTank

Reactions: Ali Kidd