PS4 - Round 1 Australian Grand Prix [14/04/16 20:00] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 1 Australian Grand Prix [14/04/16 20:00]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Driver of the day?

• Total voters

TyranoTigger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
apparently today everyone is in sweat mode:wideyed:
Back on the 360 I would do about 30 laps per day up until the race. This week I have done about 15 in total so the sweat hasn't really started yet :rofl:

I also have no idea what to do on the strategy so I am completely unprepared

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
off to TT i go, hopefully you set your fastest lap on that setup:sneaky:
My fastest lap time is not with that setup though :lol:. I did just one pretty **** lap but I was still faster than what I did earlier today.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Back on the 360 I would do about 30 laps per day up until the race. This week I have done about 15 in total so the sweat hasn't really started yet :rofl:

I also have no idea what to do on the strategy so I am completely unprepared
that will be the only area where i can be a useful teammate, i know the strategy for all the rounds from the mini-season

TyranoTigger

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
If anyone wants to practice I will set the lobby up now. We can run quali's or 50% distance I'm not bothered really

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
really weird practice session today, felt like there was no grip in the race, car just kept drifting out wide. i'm going to need to improve in quali because overtaking around here is going to be ridiculous, the field is so close that we might have some DRS trains unless there's an accident

BeMu

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 10, 2016
I over steered twice and damaged my wing. I can't get the chicane consistently right for the life of me

Sean B

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 6, 2015
Drove horribly - had a few too many to drink which didnt help and rightly got DQ'd - but there was a severe drop in possible pace today for everyone

Best part is - it's for EVERYONE, we all struggled so there is something we are obviously all missing about how temperature affects the track

TyranoTigger

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Can anyone explain the track grip? Its really confusing. In the 50% race we just did there was no grip. I was 8 tenths or so slower than my usual race pace in a 50% offline race. @Sean B was well down on his pace from a 50% social just yesterday. Does anyone have an idea of why the track grip is so variable. I have noticed it in offline mode as well. Start a 50% race, run the first 5 or so laps and record your times. Then hit the restart button on the menu and magically the track has a load more grip and the times are much faster. HELP

• Agree
Reactions: DrCarter33

DrCarter33

F1 Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Drove horribly - had a few too many to drink which didnt help and rightly got DQ'd - but there was a severe drop in possible pace today for everyone

Best part is - it's for EVERYONE, we all struggled so there is something we are obviously all missing about how temperature affects the track
Into the pits we must go e i e i e i oh

DrCarter33

F1 Champion
Jan 14, 2014
YOU STOLE MY STRATEGY!!!

Seriously running right behind you killed my tyres, learnt that lesson now! Getting the lead early on is SUCH a massive advantage
Yeah, tyre wear is an issue. So track position will be a key factor between teammates