PS4 - Round 1 Australian Grand Prix [14/04/16 20:00] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 1 Australian Grand Prix [14/04/16 20:00]

Driver of the day?

• Total voters

TyranoTigger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
@TyranoTigger Could you please show me our 2 incidents? I'm pretty sure they were desyncs but I can be more sure then ;)
I just skipped through my footage. Are you talking about turn 1 1st stint, turn 3 2nd stint? If so I will upload the footage once my video transfers to my USB stick. I don't think I did anything wrong in either, we had no contact on my screen. 2nd one it looks like you cut the corner and spun.

Could very well be lag though and I had constant lag spikes throughout the race(one on the 2nd to last lap which was pretty scary, also my penalty was caused by a lag spike.) I have never had lag like that on this game before.

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
Race Recap from me: P5 in Quali was okay, but i did not felt too good in the car and was not too hopeful for the race.

Had a rocket launch and was at the end of the straight in p3 and when desimpele took the lead i was very suprrised that i was actually on the pace with the leaders, desimpele made a mistake and i took p2. Then i had a quite normal race, with few mistakes because some of the braking markes were gone. I planned to go to the 2 stop, but as the car did not felt too good the tyre wear was much higher than in offline, and i opted for a 3 stop. As Tom was Nobleing away i had a couple of good fights with thorn and desimpele and finished then in p2.

18 points in my first AOR race on a track that i was not really fast. I take that :D Malaysia was a good track for me in the past so hopefully i can challenge tom maybe at the start at least (y)

Reactions: DON SILVA

Desimpele

AOR PS4 F1 2015 Champion
Nov 11, 2014
I'm not blaming you, otherwise this post would be at the stewards hehe. I know there are desyncs in the game, just want to verify your view on it, that's all ;) I say when I think something, you'll get used to it haha. And yeah that lag spike was scary ^^
[DOUBLEPOST=1460665379][/DOUBLEPOST]Top 4 wheels btw #wheelgameconfirmed xD (please take this as banter, don't wanna get into this again ^^)

• Funny
Reactions: Sean B

TyranoTigger

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Quali
First lap I just concentrated on getting a clean lap in. 24.1 as a banker was fine. 2nd lap was everything I had, the fastest clean lap I have done online which is really nice.

Race
I felt I had a good start but Desimpele took off like a rocket and was P1 into turn 1. I tried to hang it around the outside but ran out of room and had to back out. I followed him around and had an opportunity into turn 1, went for the inside line and the move looked clean on my screen. I looked back and saw him losing position to Alex so maybe some lag was involved. I got a penalty from a lag spike which was annoying. I had constant lag spikes throughout the race, I was just lucky they happened on straights or just coming out of corners rather than going in. The rest of the stint was average. The tyre wear was more than I was expecting but even so I got it to lap 7, Des had gone for the undercut and I got held for an eternity waiting for Sean in the pits so I lost the lead.

I caught Des back up pretty quickly because my tyres were fresher. Only doing 2 runs in quali meant I had 2 new option sets to put on which helped me a lot in the later half of the race. I got past with DRS into turn 1, held it around the outside of 2 and thought that was that. Looks like we had another lag collision though so I'm sorry about that.

Overall I'm really happy to get this win after such a long time away from league racing. Australia(along with Hungary) is probably my strongest track so I needed to get the maximum points today. Malaysia and Bahrain are tracks I don't enjoy so I feel like its going to be much harder to win there.

Also it just feels so much better to race on a game where you know everyone is driving to the same track limits. Even if the game has some flaws like the lag, imo its worth taking a few issues like that rather than racing on a game like F1 2013 or 2014 where its a free for all.

Sean B

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 6, 2015
Quali:
Solid banker lap, matched Des to the thousandth, then as I was 4 tenths up I ran out of fuel!

Race:
Row one got an awful start and myself and Des got a mega run, I was up the inside of Jajoots into turn one but felt it was a long race so backed out, then he also backed out and we made slight contact allowing Birko to get a run round the outside of us dropping me to P5.

A lap later I made a mega move around the outside of Birko into turn 3 which I am so happy with and quickly started to pull in the top 3, running consistently as the fastest in the opening stint somehow (I love high fuel and low grip). Pitted lap 7 holding Tom up haha, then it went wrong. Andrei had performed the undercut and was on my arse coming down the straight, I looked behind at the 200m zone and he was directly behind, as I looked away he must have darted to the inside for the move which I never saw as I'd gone back to the corner and we both went off, losing a good 10 seconds when we looked to both have the speed for the podium. Fighting back was just difficult and pretty uneventful until a lovely side by side battle with Thorn giving me P4, then losing it as he stuck on the options. I ran him down in the final few laps as his tyres went off and finished .5s off the podium.

Real shame about the incident but they happen.

Reactions: BeMu

BeMu

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 10, 2016
Anyone who saw me on track, was I lagging because on the stream in quali my car looked all over the place? Seems strange as I used wired connection. Only thing I can think is the storm where I lived caused my connection to drop a bit

BeMu

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 10, 2016
Quali:
First 2 laps got rightly invalidated for some small extends so I had to go a bit easy on my third run. Managed 8th which I was quite happy with.

Race:
Got hit off into the wall T1. Not really anyone's fault just wrong place at the wrong time. I went for a 2 stop after my initial pit stop on lap 1 in an attempt so salvage something from the race. Didn't want to get lapped but a spin at T2 after getting confused by one of the brake markers being destroyed destined me to be lapped by @TyranoTigger. The tyres were pretty worn at the end of the second stint on options. Was really no action for me, I'm surprised I managed to write this much. Luckily @Birkoff and @fuzzy didn't finish which gifted me a point and allowed to maintain my 100% point scoring record.

TyranoTigger

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Quali:
First 2 laps got rightly invalidated for some small extends so I had to go a bit easy on my third run. Managed 8th which I was quite happy with.

Race:
Got hit off into the wall T1. Not really anyone's fault just wrong place at the wrong time. I went for a 2 stop after my initial pit stop on lap 1 in an attempt so salvage something from the race. Didn't want to get lapped but a spin at T2 after getting confused by one of the brake markers being destroyed destined me to be lapped by @TyranoTigger. The tyres were pretty worn at the end of the second stint on options. Was really no action for me, I'm surprised I managed to write this much. Luckily @Birkoff and @fuzzy didn't finish which gifted me a point and allowed to maintain my 100% point scoring record.
Yeah I noticed someone was driving around and demolishing all the braking markers. I had no idea where to brake for the final corner all race :lol:
[DOUBLEPOST=1460668027][/DOUBLEPOST]@Desimpele
Also my penalty @Jthorn97 @Andrei Codreanu

• Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: Jthorn97 and BeMu

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
One question for you guys: DID I LAG ?

because i have not the best connection but on the day of the malaysian race i will get a new connection with higher speed, so if there were issues, hopefully there are gone in sepang

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Qualifying: 7th (1:25.3) - Not the greatest lap, quite a bit slower than what i did before the start of the race but in the end it was half a second quicker than in the mini-season so its a sign of improvement.

Race: 7th - Got a good start and found myself up into 6th behind @Sean B and @Birkoff. Attempted to overtake Birkoff into T13 on L2 as Sean had already gotten by, but we got glued together it seems and we both were in the wall, as he unfortunately retired. After I pit i was on my own on the primes and not exactly sure what i wanted to do, initially the plan was to pit on L12 and L22 and use primes for most of the race. As the stint went on the tyres felt quite good and i debated between doing just 1 more stop onto the primes or 2 option stints. i chose the latter which was the right idea as i had good pace on the options. I caught and quickly dispatched @HRacingGreen on the first stint while slowly closing down the McLaren ahead of me. The 2nd stint was an all out push to catch @Jajoots who was on the primes, and luckily i was able to get the job done on the run down to T11/12 on the final lap to take P7. At the start of the race I would've been quite disappointed to finish 7th, but after L2 I'll take it, adding a few points to my teammate's haul. Congrats to @TyranoTigger and the rest of the podium finishers on their race.

Not sure if I will be able to race next week as I have an exam on Wednesday afternoon, and my last exam of university on Thursday night, so dedicating at least an hour during the day for the race may be a stretch.

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
@Sean B Well I do think that you should have kept your outside line and not have turned into me. I must say that I didn't like the fact that you didn't wait, as I see it being your fault for turning into me, which made me unable to steer anymore going straight forward into the gravel. You can check my view below at minute 35:40

• Disagree
Reactions: Sean B

Birkoff

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Oct 4, 2014

Well, what can i say, the qualy didn't went good enough for me, could do better, but i have to settle with 1:25.5.

The start was a success just because i somehow managed to avoid all the cars that were spinning, so i gained 5 positions. This is L1.

L2 however was a little bit disappointing, lost 4th position in T3, anyway, still in P5 trying to keep up with the Ferrari, but unfortunately @Bcolt93 had other plans, horrible plans... Approaching T13 @Bcolt93 had some good speed and overtook me from the inside, however i tried to leave room for him knowing he was coming strong, as i felt he was coming really strong thinking (i suppose) he cleared me and pushed the car to the left where, as i think it was a really big surprise for @Bcolt93 that i was still there.

Result: front right wheel gone, me swearing very bad words, girlfriend crying, cats bzerked thru the house all fuzzed up ... not happy.

Last edited:

Sean B

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 6, 2015
@Sean B Well I do think that you should have kept your outside line and not have turned into me. I must say that I didn't like the fact that you didn't wait, as I see it being your fault for turning into me, which made me unable to steer anymore going straight forward into the gravel. You can check my view below at minute 35:40

I've said my bit which you've obviously ignored - take it to the stewards if you feel that hard done by

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
I've said my bit which you've obviously ignored - take it to the stewards if you feel that hard done by
I didn't ignore your statement, but driving twice in a row the fastest lap being right behind you, should alert you to check if I will make a move. Ignoring the fact that I might overtake you is just naive, especially for an AOR veteran. Anyway as you can see from my video, I got a great boost due to DRS and slipstream so the overtake was entitled in my view, whereas I have downshifted aggressively in order to get the inside of the apex, leaving you space on the outside (you can check my overtake on @Jthorn97 in order to see how it can be done on the outside - see video above minute 26:35) , but exactly at the turning point you have turned into me, which made me not able to steer anymore going straight into gravel.
Anyway that is my view, but as I see that you are not willing to share any video in a goodwill manner, but also taking the excuse of just ignoring me on track, doesn't leave me a choice to report the incident.

Birkoff

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Oct 4, 2014
@Bcolt93 we didn't get glued together... i left you quite an extensive amount of space to go pass, you had enough space from my view.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
@Bcolt93 we didn't get glued together... i left you quite an extensive amount of space to go pass, you had enough space from my view.
here's my POV, i thought i had left a car-width, as i moved out a bit to the right afterwards. then all of a sudden my car snaps into the wall

Sean B

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 6, 2015
here's my POV, i thought i had left a car-width, as i moved out a bit to the right afterwards. then all of a sudden my car snaps into the wall
So weird - looks like Brandons fault on Birkos screen and Birkos fault for not backing out on Brandon's screen

<3 this game

• Agree
Reactions: Bcolt93