PC - Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix [14/04/19 8:00pm EDT] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix [14/04/19 8:00pm EDT]

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 17

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 14th April 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (EDT time)
Circuit: Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit
Laps: 29

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Muddyh20

Reserve Driver:
@Ajamma16

Last edited by a moderator:

Mo#9991

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Dec 14, 2017
So just a reminder, as I stated in the main sign up thread, I won't be able to attend these races til the 2nd week of May due to work schedule. I did offer to be a reserve, but it appears the participation on the America side is too slim to need a reserve.

• Informative
Reactions: Raven

ItzTriton

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 5, 2018
Will possibly miss the first race since I am going to be out and may not return before the race start. I will update you guys before Sunday evening on what is happening, thanks!

• Informative

jalmenar

Pro Karter
Sep 10, 2018
So just a reminder, as I stated in the main sign up thread, I won't be able to attend these races til the 2nd week of May due to work schedule. I did offer to be a reserve, but it appears the participation on the America side is too slim to need a reserve.
No worries @Mo v0 the Coordinator (IntergalacticGentleman) will assign a Reserve driver to cover for you.

Reactions: Mo#9991

ItzTriton

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 5, 2018
Yeah, confirming now that I will not be attending the first race. A real shame too, since I really wanted to make it as this is the season opener as well as my home race. :cry:
I hope the race is good though, and good luck to you guys and get the season off to a good start!!

Painfulstorm

Formula Karter
Feb 1, 2017
This will be my first time attempting this long of a race on this game. I know that the tire wear changes based on race distance, and I've done many 25% distance races, but how does the tire wear translate into the longer distances? Is it as simple as the tires just lasting twice as long?

jalmenar

Pro Karter
Sep 10, 2018
Is it as simple as the tires just lasting twice as long?
@Painfulstorm, 50% races are considerably different, tire wear will dramatically affect your grip at the end of each stint. I strongly suggest you to run a test race before you race this weekend. Run a 50% race, and at least run your first stint (First set of tires) and find out how much grip you lose during that first stint. If you lose a lot, to the point that you struggle to control your car before changing tires, then you probably need to add more aero load to your setup, or change your current setup and make it less heavy on tire wear. If you know how to do this, then good, but if you do not know, then you should ask in the forum, and people will help you.

• Informative
Reactions: Painfulstorm

Raven

2-time AOR PC America F1 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2014
We look to have 2 spots available for the race on Sunday as it stands. If you can make it then please confirm you can attend at 8pm EST for Australia as a reply to this post. Both seats will be filled on a first come, first serve basis. If you cannot attend then simply don't reply.

Also as a reminder, only racing line will be allowed in the league so please be aware of that before confirming you can attend.

Thanks.

@Mo v0 @JamesMcGrath @Ajamma16 @Thiago Pimenta @kxuping @MarkySparks

Ajamma16

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 5, 2019
We look to have 2 spots available for the race on Sunday as it stands. If you can make it then please confirm you can attend at 8pm EST for Australia as a reply to this post. Both seats will be filled on a first come, first serve basis. If you cannot attend then simply don't reply.

Also as a reminder, only racing line will be allowed in the league so please be aware of that before confirming you can attend.

Thanks.

@Mo v0 @JamesMcGrath @Ajamma16 @Thiago Pimenta @kxuping @MarkySparks
I am available this Sunday for the race at 8pm est :)

• Informative

kxuping

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 6, 2018
I will practice all weekend.
Do you have a previous test long practice/short race on Sunday or Saturday?

IntergalacticGentleman

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 21, 2017
Have added/accepted the friend requests given so far.

If you raced in NA F1 last season I still have your name saved, but if you're new to the league please add me as early as you can before the race so we arent scrambling to get it all together.

I will always try to start the races promptly at the designated start time. Today being the first race I'll be a little more lenient to make sure we get everyone on board, but its only gonna be a max of about 5 extra minutes.

kxuping

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 6, 2018
i am with wheel on my desk if needed,ready to join. Have a nice race everyone.

Fruitsalsa

Semi-Pro Karter
May 7, 2017
Hi guys,

Just wanted to apologize for the trainwreck I caused during the second half of the race. I wanted to let you pass (@SlashLp ,@Z3mikey and I believe @sena16), but it is a bit thight in the first few corners of sector 1, so I tried go slow and hold the left at turn 3 but it did went too well...

I know I probably cost a few points for the drivers involved. Hence I take full responsability for that.

Again, I am really sorry and I'll be more mindfull of the zone I choose to let pass the blue flag in the future!