PC - Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix [14/04/19 8:00pm UK] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix [14/04/19 8:00pm UK]

koldo

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 28, 2017
Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 17

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 14th April 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit
Laps: 29

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Useful
Reactions: Jul!en

Soron

Formula Karter
Aug 16, 2018
Unfortunately i will miss that race and the next one (at least) due to steering wheel issues. I'll have to send my fanatec in the factory...

Raven

2-time AOR PC America F1 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2014
Well that race went about as badly as I could have imagined for me. Did ok to get a 19.8 on supers in Q but my Q was heavily disrupted by a DRS failure for the first half which made it a gamble of two runs on ultras or one two lap run on supers. Hindsight I probably should have just stuck with ultras and might have gotten 2nd with a good lap. But 10th wasn't bad on supers.

Race start was great keeping pace with US guys ahead so wanted to try to get past at least a few on the first lap if I could to not lose touch to the lead pack. It's really, really hard to overtake and being on a step harder tires I knew if I didn't make something happen on lap 1 then I'd be stuck until everyone ahead pitted. Got a mega run on Martin coming thru the exit of the high speed chicane and sold a divebomb into the next right hander. I got the intended outcome I wanted a mistake from him and running wide but I misjudged him rejoining and I was trying get a perfect exit by using all the track I could to line up to be on the inside into the next corner but I just clipped his tire as he rejoined. Really poor on my end and I paid the price. Then I set into frustrated Raven train mode for the next 2 laps until I pitted thinking we'd not get an SC and that the rain was still far enough away to justify pitting then for softs and going until the rain. Then the SC came out 3 laps after I pitted which was a complete race saver really. I then decided to pit for SS again knowing the rain was coming soon and being at the back of the pack it would be stupid not to put on faster tires for the dash to the rain. Then on the restart it was chaos coming to the green with someone I guess desynced then people snaking down the pit straight avoiding Martin sideways in the middle of the circuit! I just tried to focus on coming back thru the field but the rain started falling sooner than I had hoped plus I made a few mistakes locking up on the damp track pushing too hard. Got my wing chopped off slightly at turn 3 exit a few laps later just before we all pitted for inters. Wasn't enough damage for them to change it though but got held in the pits as well losing at least one position in the process. Then made a few more mistakes on the inters but for the most part felt like my pace was decent on them considering I had a fully dry set and did zero wet practice. So all in all it was pure chaos and really after the first lap I, in 95% of scenarios, wouldn't have scored points. So I can't be too upset with it even though had I driven cleanly and not gotten driven into as well a few times I could have perhaps finished a bit further up even with all the issues.

Congrats to @Tom97HD on your first F2 win, and to @Julien2395 and @SMEAJ rounding off the podium.

Hopefully I'll be back stronger next time out but it's Bahrain and I'm terrible there unfortunately. I'll give it my best though.

Reactions: Tom97HD and SMEAJ

Tom97HD

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Well... I won and I didn't see that coming after a poor Qualy, but I knew I had race pace. Here's my highlights :)

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017

I got around to making this lol... language left in for comedic effect. No offense serdai <3