PC - Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix [14/04/2019 08:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix [14/04/2019 08:00PM]

Borderline

F1 Coordinator & S18 AOR PC F9 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 17

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 14th April 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit
Laps: 29

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiinako

S14 AOR PC F7 Champion
Sep 20, 2017
Y'all need to read the rules:

Only the Coordinator - or the lobby host after consulting with the Coordinator - will start the lobby, continue over to the race and start the race. So please, as a normal driver, do not press the button which initiates the timer. This is to ensure that all the drivers are present, and also that all necessary screenshots of the results can be taken.

Desmond0313

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 10, 2016
So, race report.

The switch to cockpit cam just adds so much to the immersion, I'm glad I did it :D

Got P8 in quali, I was well off my TT times but the car didn't feel like it would get near that anyway. I was pretty satisfied with this, seeing that I was 16th in the signup time trial.

Race start was a bit hectic, but I managed to avoid contact, l had a moment in turn 5 where I lost 2 positions, which I gained back later on in the race as there were quite a few accidents. I had a nice battle with @Synt, but ultimately he was faster and overtook me. Then @defisparta started closing in on me, I was prepared that he would catch me, but suddenly his pace just fell off and he started falling back fast (a mistake I guess?). Then a few laps later I suddenly see a yellow flag and a crashed @Synt on the exit of turn 5, I felt sorry for you there mate. From then on I was driving alone until the finish line, because the top 3 was just in a whole different dimension. Final result is P4 starting from P8, which I'm extremely happy with.

I had a lot of fun and I hope for a similar experience in the following races :D

Snook

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Dec 16, 2017
Not much to report in my race but I guess I’ll do one anyway.

Started P16 after a poor qualyfing and chipped my front wing in Turn 3 trying to find my braking spot. Pitted around lap 10 for repairs and with a good second stint I found myself in P6 and finished there. I also took no penalties which is a positive I take from this race.

Hoping to qualify better in Bahrain as I feel more comfortable driving there.

Reactions: Desmond0313