PC - Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix [15/04/18 8:00 pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix [15/04/18 8:00 pm]

Billamy

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 7, 2017
Sheesh, not the start I expected. My game crashed after the first lap in qualifying, and I managed to get back right in time for ONE more lap (thanks @Gamer_DA_best262 for the invite <3 ) Managed to pull a p8 start. Now trust me, being midfield in the first lap is horrible. I dodged everything up to the poing when @Head Squid apparently lost the back end and ended up hitting him on the back, losing some of my wing. After boxing and changing the front wing, it was pretty much clean racing. I expected more than P6 but it's a start!

P.S. people ricciardo bombed me twice lmao chill guys :p

HaiCo

Moderator & PC F1 League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
I guess first race is always a bit chaotic. Keep in mind, race is also not won in second or third corner/chicane of the first lap ;) Could you guys tell me how your connection was during the race? Any lagspikes, packet loss or other problems?

Captain Slow

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Apr 4, 2018
Well yes, first race and some of the guys started like it was a public sprint lobby. I didn't record this time but will from now on. Please remember if you are side by side you are supposed to leave space for the other car... Peace and love and better race next time!

Billamy

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 7, 2017
Turn 3 I was sandwiched, miracle I survived.
@HaiCo my connection was fine, as if in a singleplayer lobby

Captain Slow

Apr 4, 2018
I didn't survive that corner, was pushed into the wall and lost the whole wing.

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
So for my first race as a return driver I was very gutted. Turn 3 was sheer disaster with too many cars trying to go to fast into it. Causing a lot of racers to break early which spelled disaster for the ones in the rear as well as mid pack. We really gotta be more careful. I get it that your jacked and your adrenaline is pumping and all you can see is that podium, hell I am guilty of this myself time to time, but it does not make for fair and clean racing which is what we all signed up for. Ok now the rant is done onto the good parts...well kinda ;) Bottled it in the last corner starting my flying lap....ya embarrassing...#assist2noob4life.. I was pumped, despite some bobbing and weaving we made it through T1 unscathed...then T3 happened. Moving on I dumped the one stop as my wing was gone and went SS-SS. Had some great battles with @Captain Slow late breaking, over-under, it had it all. but allas I got 6 sec in penalties and going into the last sector of the last lap i was a couple tenths up on @Captain Slow and the last point, thought i had the penalty covered but no....11th for me...well better than my DNF last season!! ONTO CHINA!!!! ps....i hate china ;) video will be up tomorrow.
Shout out to both @Head Squid for doing a great job on his first coordinator role and @HaiCo for providing a lag free race as our host

Last edited:

HaiCo

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
After reading what all happened in assist leagues 1 & 3, i think we did quite well knowing it was the first race of the season! Already looking forward to next Sunday :)

Reactions: Biolite80

Reymps

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 2, 2018
Definitely not the race I expected, but P13 to P4 Is quite good I think. Would have had a Chance to get P3 if didnt have so many penalties.

HaiCo

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
@Maple your car kept driving in circles at the side of the track after you retired. It couldn't and didn't hit anyone, but yellow flag was there until the race was finished. I don't know enough about the bugs in the game to state if you could have done something different to avoid this from happening, but I at least wanted to let you know

Captain Slow

Apr 4, 2018
That car scared me a couple of times as it was reversing towards me :unsure: Also yellow flags prevented any passing attempts on that sector for the rest of the race.

Maple

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 5, 2018
sorry for that i didn't known about any bug like that but when i was a lap down i just tought i would retire so i don't hold anyone up

karnak07

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 16, 2017
I am very happy for this victory. In qualifying I was expecting 4-5 tenths less, but anyway I'm satisfied with the second row. At the start I gain a position and then the incidents of @PRelease and @Corne011 allowed me to earn another two. The one stop strategy worked and apart from some scare (in the 12th corner I risked breaking everything, but luckily I kept the car and I only lost 6 seconds). In the final I controlled the situation having a good lead, even if I risked a bit with a doubled driver. A small misunderstanding in curve 16 could have cost me dear, but everything went well :)

I apologize with @HaiCo for what happened on lap 15. I braked late and to avoid contact I slipped inside. Luckily he was good and left me room. Thank you

I'm sorry for those who had problems, all in all it did not go wrong, but I think overall it can be improved trying to get all the way and have less retreats next time.

P.S. @Maple it the next time you want to withdraw, do it inside the pits. so we avoid problems. Your car for the first 2-3 times scared me a lot;)

sorry for my bad english :p see you next race

Head Squid

GP2 Reserve Driver
Aug 24, 2017
sorry for that i didn't known about any bug like that but when i was a lap down i just tought i would retire so i don't hold anyone up
Just for next time mate, race till the end because anything can happen. If you retire without terminal damage you ghost car still stays on the track, that is why after you retired there was a yellow flag at the start of the last sector for the rest of the race.

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
The poll for the Overtake of the Week is now open

Cast your vote HERE!