PC - Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix [15/04/18 - 8:00pm UK] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix [15/04/18 - 8:00pm UK]

FisiFan91

AOR Admin
Staff Member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 15th April 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit
Laps: 29

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @muttley
- @Thm786

Last edited:

muttley

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 2, 2018
I probably won't attend the first race - I'm moving across the country (from north to south) and it seems that I won't have my PC on 15th. I'll post an update on the race day

Thm786

Formula 4 Test Driver
May 21, 2017
Same, I knew I would miss the second race, and learned two days ago that we are leaving a week early in holidays, so I am very sad to say I am likely to miss the first two races. That really make me unhappy as I find very disrespectful to miss the first two races of a season, but I can't do anything about it :/ Good luck everyone !

muttley

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 2, 2018
I probably won't attend the first race - I'm moving across the country (from north to south) and it seems that I won't have my PC on 15th. I'll post an update on the race day
I can confirm I'm out of first race, I also may be out of second race (depending how my relocation goes)

Last edited:

FisiFan91

AOR Admin
Staff Member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
RACE DAY BRIEFING - PLEASE READ!

Hey guys, just want to give you all a few obvious reminders before the race tonight :)

Connection stuff:
Firstly, as you know it's possible that connection issues could strike at some point. If this happens to you then you are allowed to attempt to rejoin the session once via a backup invite - I'll do my best to ensure everyone gets a second invite after joining the lobby, in case this happens. Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but as far as I'm aware it doesn't work to send new invites to people anymore after the session has launched, since we have to run the lobby in "invite only" mode to make sure unwelcome guests don't make their way in through people's friends lists. So if you DSC and the backup invite is gone then it's tough luck unfortunately.

The only time we will be doing lobby restarts is if someone loses connection at the start of qualifying before any driver has set a timed lap. However if the same driver keeps disconnecting after 2 restarts, then we'll carry on regardless.

Please make sure your internet is in the best possible state while you're league racing. And it's also recommended by Codemasters to do a fresh restart of the game before joining the lobby, rather than joining after having been in other lobbies/sessions first.

Clean racing:
I expect that each and every one of you will do your best to make sure you don't cause any incidents in the races. Obviously we know that mistakes can happen, that's something we have to accept, but please don't come into the race with a sprint mode mindset - sometimes (especially at a track like Australia) you will find yourself behind a car that is hard to pass which may be frustrating and require patience while waiting for an appropriate opportunity to make a move, without being too aggressive.

Also, obviously, be careful at the start... remember the old saying: "you can't win the race at the start, but you can lose it".

If for some reason some of you still haven't read the racing rules properly, you can find them here.

And if you do get caught up in an incident that you feel was clearly another driver's fault, then the stewards panel is available to report it after the race.

Completing races:
You are all required to do your best to stay in the race lobby until the end of the race, regardless of how your race is going. This is kinda important because leaving the lobby has the potential to cause connection issues for other drivers, and also may cause glitches such as the slipstream effect being switched off. If you are deemed to have left the race lobby intentionally during the race, you may get a some form of penalty.

No-shows:
If you have to miss a race at some point due to real-life reasons, that is fine, but you have to let me know about it before the race, preferably by making a post in the race thread and tagging me in the post. Anyone who racks up 3 no-shows without pre-race notice will be removed and blacklisted from the leagues.

Discord:
For those of you who want to be in a voice chat during the race night, we have the AOR Discord server for that... I appreciate that people don't bang on about stuff while there are cars on track as that will be quite distracting, but before & after the race it can always be nice with a bit of chatter :)

I assume most of you are already on there, but for the new guys, you can find the link to join the Discord here.

So yeah...
I think that's about it for the boring part! Let's hope for as few problems as possible, and some good racing for everyone tonight. Obviously, we are 20 competitive drivers in the league, and only 10 of us can score points, meaning half the grid at least are likely to be left kinda disappointed with the result, but that's just how it is - remember that the season is long with 15 races ahead of us where lots of different things will happen! So I'm looking forward to seeing you on track tonight, and good luck for the season! :)

PS: Race ban for anyone who beats me ;)

@Detainable @Bigboss @jonge @Thm786 @Julien2395 @BIG BOSS @SuperRace_PL @Dreamer-93 @Dokkaebi @Bialy @Adidas Tracksuit @elgo @LEVI0227 @muttley @Fetzi @ENiGMA @ChroMatk @Vettel23 @path1337

FisiFan91

AOR Admin
Staff Member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Pretty solid race for me!

Started badly with a distraction in qualifying that caused me to miss the first few minutes and unsettled me a little bit - didn't get a good lap in on the first run, and only had time for one lap on the 2nd run... was sitting 16th on the grid as I started my final lap so I was feeling the nerves quite a bit there haha, but I managed to pull together an improvement at least to qualify in 10th. Still 5 tenths off the best lap I had done in practice.

At the start I ended up getting passed by @Dreamer-93 through turn 1, and then we both kinda mugged @Adidas Tracksuit into turn 3 with him diving on the inside and me on the outside. Unfortunately @Dreamer-93 was on softs while I was on ultrasofts, and I think he maybe had a bit of front wing damage as well, so since I wasn't able to pass him in the first few laps I ended up losing quite a bit of time to the guys in front. Also got passed by @Vettel23 after getting some oversteer on the turn 10 kerb. At the start of lap 4 @SuperRace_PL also slipped through with a nice move on the outside of turn 1, and I had to defend to stay ahead of @Adidas Tracksuit. @Dreamer-93 then had an incident with @Vettel23 which got me past him, and I managed to repass @SuperRace_PL on the main straight at the start of lap 6.

Already after these 6 laps I probably had more action than in all of last season running at the back of F1 :lol:

At this point I was up to 5th due to some people already pitting. Stretched the ultrasoft stint to lap 9 since I finally had some clear air, and got out in clear air just ahead of @Adidas Tracksuit. He was keeping up with me very closely for many laps, but eventually I started very slowly to pull out a little gap to him, just from good consistency I think. Got up to 4th by lap 19 when all the soft or supersoft runners had pitted as well. I thought for some reason that @Adidas Tracksuit was heroically defending 5th from a faster car throughout the last 10 laps since there was a car close to him on the track map, so I was cheering for him to keep that car behind, but turns out it was just a lapped car haha :p So since I didn't make any mistakes, and the gap to the top 3 was too big, I just safed it home to the 4th place finish.

Wasn't really expecting a top 5 finish tbh, especially after the messy qualifying, so I will take it!

I am already feeling more positive about this season compared to last season just because I can actually feel reasonably competitive again, so hopefully I will refind my motivation to make some videos about my races to prevent my Youtube channel from dying out completely! But first I need to get my sarcastic summary video of my S14 races done :p

ENiGMA

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 10, 2018
Decent race for me.

...qualifying was a disaster though. First lap I did, I had a corner cut, but I had enough fuel for a second lap, and I took no risks and had some distractions on that lap, so it was not very fast. On my third lap I forgot to change tires:banghead:, and I didn't have enough time to come in and change for another set, so I just retired. Qualified P17. In hindsight, I should have just done a lap on those worn tires and try to get further up the field.:eggface:

The race itself wasn't as eventful. I played it pretty safe for most of the race, not really doing to many overtakes - only doing em when other people were making mistakes. I changed tires at lap 16 to super-softs (from softs). In hindsight, I probably should have gone to lap 20 and change to ultras. The people who did do that were going a lot quicker than me. I finished the race at P8, but the two people ahead of me had penalties, so I got promoted to P6, so 11 positions gained, which I'm pretty happy about.

P6 is solid, but I feel like I could've done better if qualifying had gone better.

Detainable

Formula Karter
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2017
Decent race for me.

...qualifying was a disaster though. First lap I did, I had a corner cut, but I had enough fuel for a second lap, and I took no risks and had some distractions on that lap, so it was not very fast. On my third lap I forgot to change tires:banghead:, and I didn't have enough time to come in and change for another set, so I just retired. Qualified P17. In hindsight, I should have just done a lap on those worn tires and try to get further up the field.:eggface:

The race itself wasn't as eventful. I played it pretty safe for most of the race, not really doing to many overtakes - only doing em when other people were making mistakes. I changed tires at lap 16 to super-softs (from softs). In hindsight, I probably should have gone to lap 20 and change to ultras. The people who did do that were going a lot quicker than me. I finished the race at P8, but the two people ahead of me had penalties, so I got promoted to P6, so 11 positions gained, which I'm pretty happy about.

P6 is solid, but I feel like I could've done better if qualifying had gone better.
with the whole strategy thing, i would've done the same as you, but instead go a few laps earlier to supers (lap14/15) they'll be faster at the end but you'd have gotten a huge undercut, i got a 4-5 second undercut on @ChroMatk pitting a few laps earlier

Fetzi

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 24, 2018
I think there isn't really anything to say for me.

Quali was bad. @Vettel23 was weaving all over the track on the straights and slowed down all of a sudden. I ran into him and got a broken front wing as well as a 5 place grid penalty. The lap I got was pretty bad. I just wanted to get a valid lap in so it wasn't really fast.

On the start I managed to make up some postions. The pace was really good until my game crashed. My team mate had send me an invite, but as soon as I rejoined the lobby the game crashed again. I had a smiliar problem in the social race on saturday. It seems to be a either a problem with the host or with a full lobby. I'll reinstall the game and take part in some socials this week. I hope it won't happen again.