Dec 27, 2016
Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 15th April 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit
Laps: 29

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Dillon Katwa

Last edited by a moderator:

Hockeyhead019

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 29, 2017
Anybody start running any practice laps yet? I was able to chuck in a high 1:22 in TT but the car felt way too on the edge so I might shuffle some things up and see if I can't get some more balance for race day

EditedFaun3698

S16 AOR XB1 F7 Champion
Premium Member
Sep 26, 2017
Anybody start running any practice laps yet? I was able to chuck in a high 1:22 in TT but the car felt way too on the edge so I might shuffle some things up and see if I can't get some more balance for race day
Will be online after about 7.30 if want to do a bit, no problem either way (y)
GT : EditedFaun36459

EditedFaun3698

S16 AOR XB1 F7 Champion
Premium Member
Sep 26, 2017
Well that was an eventful race?

Qualifying

Really happy with my qualifying time of 1.22.7, started 5th.

Race

Decent start, but felt I got tagged from behind going into turn 1, if anybody has recorded the start behind me I would appreciate it to have a look at what happened and who was behind me?
Battled back up to 8th, behind @Devine0ne19 hit him from behind after a lag spike, and damaged my wing. Change on lap 7 to US tyres then on lap 10/11, I had to avoid @atomik_ as he was coming out of the pits, I avoided him after turn 1 and had the run on him into turn 2, he left me no space and bumped me of the track????
Again if anybody has a recording of this, I would appreciate it and proceed to make a case.
Watched @atomik_ for a few more laps and saw his altercation with @Cinnamon Rage and he again did not leave any space and from what I saw tried to ruin his race??

First race not to happy, but this happens, would like to think we are friends in the lobby and have respect on track and try not to ruin each other’s races.

Last edited:

Hockeyhead019

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 29, 2017
Not the start I was looking for to the season. P10 in quali, ok. Definitely more in the tank but it is what it is. I got off the line fine and survived lap one carnage. After that pretty boring until lap 11 when I spun on my in lap. All down hill from there. Went onto the Softs as planned but bottled on my second lap with them pushing too hard coming out of T5 (who crashes there... Who?!? Ugh) had to pit again and throw on the supers but it too little too late. Got lapped on the last corner which was a bummer. Would have loved to finish the race but alas.

@editedfaun I (DevineOne19) have footage of you getting spun coming along side me early in the race. Not sure if it'll be useful for anything or not.

I don't have any footage of the start unfortunately

Germo

XB1 F1 Assist League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 12, 2015
Well that was an eventful race?

Qualifying

Really happy with my qualifying time of 1.22.7, started 5th.

Race

Decent start, but felt I got tagged from behind going into turn 1, if anybody has recorded the start behind me I would appreciate it to have a look at what happened and who was behind me?
Battled back up to 8th, behind @Devine0ne19 hit him from behind after a lag spike, and damaged my wing. Change on lap 7 to US tyres then on lap 10/11, I had to avoid @JRT Atomic as he was coming out of the pits, I avoided him after turn 1 and had the run on him into turn 2, he left me no space and bumped me of the track????
Again if anybody has a recording of this, I would appreciate it and proceed to make a case.
Watch jRT Atomic for a few more laps and saw his altercation with @Cinnamon Rage and he again did not leave any space and from what I saw tried to ruin his race??

First race not to happy, but this happens, would like to think we are friends in the lobby and have respect on track and try not to ruin each other’s races.
I was behind you in P7/P8, this might help

Bayfield22

Formula 4 1st Driver
Nov 27, 2017
had a good quali, started second with a 1:22.6 after getting pole nicked off me by @TyTEI

held second until @TyTEI binned it into the wall and held lead until pit-stops where I lead after until @Proulx2001 pushed me wide twice (turn 1 and 3) and I span my dirty tyres up on the curb at the exit of turn 3 and crashed into someone else, damaging my wing, wherei never really recovered from, finishing p11.

Congrats @Atul987 on the win

@Proulx2001 you pushed me wide at turn 1 and 3 on lap 14 causing me to spin my tyres and crash:

Reactions: TyTEI

TyTEI

Pro Karter
Nov 5, 2016
I had a great race! Qualified on pole and held it for several laps! I then binned it into a wall and had to replace my front wing. On my way out of the pits my controller died, fortunately it turned back on immediately. I then got brake checked in my second stint and had to replace my wing again. I managed to get P3 and kept it for the rest of the race.

Last edited:

Cathal

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 23, 2014
Good first race lads in terms of pace, and the closeness of the field, but quite messy in terms of incidents, lets try clean this up for China

Atul987

Formula Karter
Nov 20, 2017
My first AOR win so pretty happy! :)

Quali was fairly good, first lap was a 22.7 being hampered into the second to last corner with someone on the racing line... Second run I binned it, so started P3.

I was very cautious into the first corner, so retained 3rd. Promoted to 2nd when @TyTEI spun. Was unable to catch @Bayfield22 before the pit stops, so decided to do a couple more laps on the US and go onto the SS and go to the end.

Came out the pits in 3rd, and was able to pass @Bayfield22 and @Proulx2001 when they tangled.

Was pretty nervous when Jeff told me rain was coming, but I was super cautious the last lap so was fine.

Good start to the championship, hopefully I can keep it up!