XB1 - Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix [15/04/18 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix [15/04/18 8:00pm]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

EditedFaun3698

S16 AOR XB1 F7 Champion
Premium Member
Sep 26, 2017
My first AOR win so pretty happy! :)

Quali was fairly good, first lap was a 22.7 being hampered into the second to last corner with someone on the racing line... Second run I binned it, so started P3.

I was very cautious into the first corner, so retained 3rd. Promoted to 2nd when @TyTEI spun. Was unable to catch @Bayfield22 before the pit stops, so decided to do a couple more laps on the US and go onto the SS and go to the end.

Came out the pits in 3rd, and was able to pass @Bayfield22 and @Proulx2001 when they tangled.

Was pretty nervous when Jeff told me rain was coming, but I was super cautious the last lap so was fine.

Good start to the championship, hopefully I can keep it up!
Congrats @Atul987, great win on your first race(y)

Reactions: TyTEI and Atul987

Cathal

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 23, 2014
Qualifying - Went out for my first run and made a mistake at T1, so had to abort the lap, then on my second run at the final corner, my wheel decided to have a mind of its own, and resulted in a spin that at least @Chris Leather got some satisfaction from.

Race - I had a great start, a good getaway and was in the pack, then I had to avoid a Mercedes, I believe it was @EditedFaun3698 resulting in me losing time, gained back up to the pack and then saw an incident in front of me which allowed me to gain three places. Slowly moved up the field as people pitted and had consistent, good pace, was in the lead around lap 12/13 due to my strategy and had an incident with @Bayfield22. Stayed out and maintained the gap to @Atul987 until my pitstop, made a mistake on my in-lap that allowed @mightydylan3224 to pass me. Rejoined in 8th place and overtook @K04 with my overtake of the week submission, allowing me to try put my US to the test, showed good pace and managed to get up-to P4 at the flag, but multiple mistakes in the final few laps, wing damage and then rain on the last lap resulted in me dropping into P5 after the flag. A good first race, not many on track battles personally to be honest, happy that I had good pace, winning pace, so, positive race.

Germo

XB1 F1 Assist League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 12, 2015
So it was my first ever League and I only completed 6 minutes of the race still enjoyed it which is a suprise, Pretty happy with quali getting 8th a bit higher than i expected. Average start jumped straight into 7th from 8th and followed @K04 for about 3/4 laps over took him into the penultimate corner. Made and error on lost traction later on allowing @K04 to catch up he went for the move we touched and i was the unluckiest of us both and crashed out, nobody's fault jut a racing incident. the Only thing I'm slightly annoyed with is that Australia is one of best best tracks and didn't finish, but oh well onto China.
If anyone's bothered about watching the whole 6 minutes of my race there you go:

RT93 Klaus

Pro Karter
Mar 26, 2018
Race report:

Qualification: I totally messed up on my 2 qualifying rounds. I had a 1.22.2 test this week which allowed me to go ahead. I'll have to be more regular in qualifying

Race: So I leave in the middle of the pack, and what I feared happened. GENTLEMEN, on your departures keep your lines in the turns ... on the first 3 turns I cut myself 3 times. If I do not anticipate I finish the race in the wall ....

I find myself quickly in battle with 4 drivers for 6/7/8/9/10 place and this battle will last the whole race.

Thanks to a final EPIC lap I finished 6th which is for me an excellent performance for my first GP at the AOR

Joeske86

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 26, 2018
Qualifying - Made 2 runs with clean laps. First lap 1:25.0 and 2nd run I improved my time to 1:24.4. This was good enough for a 13th grid position. Blocked @Chris Leather by accident(Sorry again, mate).

Race - The race start was a little chaotic but did the first few corners without any damage. At turn 9 I could choose between the grass or to park my car in @RT93 Klaus back. I choose the latter and continued my race as last.

This was my first AOR race so I wanted to focus on pace and not on speed. As you can see in the following graph, until the rain started I made close to 0 mistake.

1523880513774.png

I decide that I wanted to one stop this race and it seemed to work out well. Where I was driving P17 in lap 2 I was going for my "keep this pace run" from the back of the field. At one point in the race i saw @Chris Leather closing in to me quickly on Ultra's but before he was at my back I think his tires were very worn and I could stay in front of him. Because of the rain at the end and only 2 laps to go, nobody pitted for Inters/Wets but it felt like iceskating. I lost a part of my wing in the last lap and was afaid to DNF at that point. I drove to the finish very carefull with the laptime of 2:13.5.

I finished the race P9 and got my first points! This is more then I could think to get in the first race. My goal was to finish the race with max +1L. Succeeded and overachieved that goal.

Joeske out!

Here is the footage of my first 10 mins of the race:

Reactions: Chris Leather

Chris Leather

F1 Coordinator & 1-time XB1 Assist 2 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 23, 2017
Qualifying - Made 2 runs with clean laps. First lap 1:25.0 and 2nd run I improved my time to 1:24.4. This was good enough for a 13th grid position. Blocked @Chris Leather by accident(Sorry again, mate).

Race - The race start was a little chaotic but did the first few corners without any damage. At turn 9 I could choose between the grass or to park my car in @RT93 Klaus back. I choose the latter and continued my race as last.

This was my first AOR race so I wanted to focus on pace and not on speed. As you can see in the following graph, until the rain started I made close to 0 mistake.

View attachment 45239

I decide that I wanted to one stop this race and it seemed to work out well. Where I was driving P17 in lap 2 I was going for my "keep this pace run" from the back of the field. At one point in the race i saw @Chris Leather closing in to me quickly on Ultra's but before he was at my back I think his tires were very worn and I could stay in front of him. Because of the rain at the end and only 2 laps to go, nobody pitted for Inters/Wets but it felt like iceskating. I lost a part of my wing in the last lap and was afaid to DNF at that point. I drove to the finish very carefull with the laptime of 2:13.5.

I finished the race P9 and got my first points! This is more then I could think to get in the first race. My goal was to finish the race with max +1L. Succeeded and overachieved that goal.

Joeske out!

They were very worn matey! Took them from lap 13 and tried to take them to the end (16 laps). 69% wear with 3 laps to go. And the traction at turn 9 let me down on lap 27 and car went into the wall and lost a wheel. Very gutted i didnt finish the race. Especially after i started on the back row and made my way to P11 after incidents

EditedFaun3698

S16 AOR XB1 F7 Champion
Premium Member
Sep 26, 2017
Do you have any footage between lap 9 - 12 you can PM me? For a stewards inquiry please

Hockeyhead019

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 29, 2017

View attachment 45239

Joeske out!

Love the graph bud, appeals to my engineer dork side. Consistency is key! Congrats on finishing in the points.

Cinnamon Rage

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Mar 26, 2018
Qualifying
Can sum this up with invalidated my first flying lap and the second flying lap I was too cautious. Top 10 in my first AOR race though - not to be sniffed at.

Race
Kind off messy race. Gently bumped into the back of another car at the start which gave me an instant yellow front wing. Tried to go a couple of laps but it was kind of miserable fighting the understeer so pitted lap 3 for Softs. Things started going ok but spun on lap 15 taking my wing clean off. Stupid - never spun there (spun lots of other places in practice - just never there). When I limped back to the pits the little graphic said I was going onto SS but instead game put me on US. Wasn’t going to make them last the race (it was only lap 15). Anyway, I did end up making them last till lap 29 though the last 2 laps were terrifying

Stats
Ignore the last lap - the app seems to have misbehaved.
IMG_0075.jpeg

IMG_0076.jpeg

Race montage
I made a montage. Let me know what you think

EditedFaun3698

S16 AOR XB1 F7 Champion
Premium Member
Sep 26, 2017
Thanks @Cinnamon Rage for your footage,

Shame it was to late for a stewards enquiry to use against @atomik_ , because he totally took me out??? He certainly won’t be getting any favours from me.

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
The poll for the Overtake of the Week is now open

Cast your vote HERE!

Hockeyhead019

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 29, 2017