PC - Round 1 Australian Grand Prix [17/04/16 20:00] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 1 Australian Grand Prix [17/04/16 20:00]

Saiko

Pro Karter
Jan 8, 2016
Yes @Neba, that's what i was talking about! Thanks for recording and posting this.

@Andrei Codreanu now look at VSX 500, he flanks me on the right than he slams me into the wall, he did it on porpouse. Now he's talking dirty about me, when he should be completly disqualified from the league after this. Can we take some provvediments?

Neba

Pro Karter
Mar 19, 2016
Yea , just saying that VSX use too much the width of the track and didn't care of pilots around him. Especially Birkoff who he almost crashed in. This video is just for show us that we didn't play the race at the first corner. ^^

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
@Saiko Penalties can only be awarded if an incident is reported in the stewards panel within 48 hours of the race. You should still have a couple of hours to report it with footage.

Verney

Pro Karter
Mar 24, 2016
Here's my race video. First time doing a voice over so any tips or hints will be appreciated.

Liuzzi90

Pro Karter
Mar 18, 2016
In this race you are wrong because it was not fair to restart the race by qualifying positions but had to do it again from the lap of the race when it was interrupted and the positions that each rider had gained . Amend Regulation or the race is repeated with the qualifications to only attempt

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
In this race you are wrong because it was not fair to restart the race by qualifying positions but had to do it again from the lap of the race when it was interrupted and the positions that each rider had gained . Amend Regulation or the race is repeated with the qualifications to only attempt
Please read http://apexonlineracing.com/communi...-f1-2015-leagues-season-11.11611/#post-168736

Mass disconnections:
For several reasons, it's difficult to determine if several disconnections should be classified as a mass disconnection. Therefore the communication between the host, coordinators and the drivers are the key here. Still the coordinators will make the call, if a restart is needed.
● As guideline, a mass disconnection means that around half of the drivers lose connection at the same time, or over a short period of time. By short period of time, a couple of minutes (usually 2-3 min) are meant, up to maximum of 5 minutes, but also the estimation of around half of the drivers, does have a margin of 2-3 drivers more or less than half. Still as this matter is a bit debatable, the coordinators will have to make the final call, by taking the guidelines into consideration, but most importantly the best option for the league and majority of the drivers.
● If the mass disconnection happens during qualifying, the lobby will be restarted completely.
● If less than 50% of the race was completed at the time of the mass disconnection, the race will be restarted immediately, preferably with a new lobby host. The new lobby will be created without another qualifying session, as a rolling start will be performed. Parc Ferme rules will be set to 'Off' so everybody can load their setup. The first 2 laps will be seen as 'formation laps' where every driver needs to get in their original qualifying position, using the same tyre compound as for their fastest qualifying lap. A slow pace (as see on the qualifying outlap/inlap) is asked for, so that no accidents happen and everybody can obtain their qualifying position. The pole setter will have the role of setting an acceptable pace, in order to avoid crashes behind him, but also keeping the field of drivers together. Failing to get into your qualifying position, or denying another driver to get into his position, will result in penalties for the driver in fault. The race is started with crossing the start/finish line of lap 2, going into lap 3.
● If the majority of drivers are unable to restart the race at that time, the race will be rescheduled for a later date.
● If more than 50% of the race was completed at the time of the mass disconnection, the race will end, and the race order from the time of the first disconnection becomes the final result. Half points are awarded to all drivers.
● If more than 90% of the race was completed at the time of the mass disconnection, the race will end, and the race order from the time of the first disconnection becomes the final result. Full points are awarded to all drivers.

I must point out that I had the feeling nobody really attentively read the rules, so please do so before the Malaysia race.

Liuzzi90

Pro Karter
Mar 18, 2016
Please read http://apexonlineracing.com/communi...-f1-2015-leagues-season-11.11611/#post-168736

Mass disconnections:
For several reasons, it's difficult to determine if several disconnections should be classified as a mass disconnection. Therefore the communication between the host, coordinators and the drivers are the key here. Still the coordinators will make the call, if a restart is needed.
● As guideline, a mass disconnection means that around half of the drivers lose connection at the same time, or over a short period of time. By short period of time, a couple of minutes (usually 2-3 min) are meant, up to maximum of 5 minutes, but also the estimation of around half of the drivers, does have a margin of 2-3 drivers more or less than half. Still as this matter is a bit debatable, the coordinators will have to make the final call, by taking the guidelines into consideration, but most importantly the best option for the league and majority of the drivers.
● If the mass disconnection happens during qualifying, the lobby will be restarted completely.
● If less than 50% of the race was completed at the time of the mass disconnection, the race will be restarted immediately, preferably with a new lobby host. The new lobby will be created without another qualifying session, as a rolling start will be performed. Parc Ferme rules will be set to 'Off' so everybody can load their setup. The first 2 laps will be seen as 'formation laps' where every driver needs to get in their original qualifying position, using the same tyre compound as for their fastest qualifying lap. A slow pace (as see on the qualifying outlap/inlap) is asked for, so that no accidents happen and everybody can obtain their qualifying position. The pole setter will have the role of setting an acceptable pace, in order to avoid crashes behind him, but also keeping the field of drivers together. Failing to get into your qualifying position, or denying another driver to get into his position, will result in penalties for the driver in fault. The race is started with crossing the start/finish line of lap 2, going into lap 3.
● If the majority of drivers are unable to restart the race at that time, the race will be rescheduled for a later date.
● If more than 50% of the race was completed at the time of the mass disconnection, the race will end, and the race order from the time of the first disconnection becomes the final result. Half points are awarded to all drivers.
● If more than 90% of the race was completed at the time of the mass disconnection, the race will end, and the race order from the time of the first disconnection becomes the final result. Full points are awarded to all drivers.

I must point out that I had the feeling nobody really attentively read the rules, so please do so before the Malaysia race.
I'm just saying that I think the regulation is wrong because if you see the Australian GP in 2016 there has been a pause to the red flag, and when they are broken down the positions were unchanged. I think the next time it happens a thing or refers the race from a standing start or make up again using the positions that each pilot had before the break

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
I'm just saying that I think the regulation is wrong because if you see the Australian GP in 2016 there has been a pause to the red flag, and when they are broken down the positions were unchanged. I think the next time it happens a thing or refers the race from a standing start or make up again using the positions that each pilot had before the break
The problem is that you can't do another standing restart, with the exact positions, as they are random or based on F1 2015 real F1 performance. Also mass disconnects can arise within an interval, so how can you know who was at which position exactly? How can we prevent that somebody doesn't mix up the positions? Waiting for a screenshots/video from every driver will take ages until the restart is done. The restart rules are perfectly fair to everybody and will stay this way, as there is no better solution known at this moment, but also in my view. Still though if you have a better suggestion, please let me know, but provide step by step explanations with all the above problems, being solved and we can consider changing them.

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
@Saiko As we have discussed on steam after the race, it is mandatory for restarts to use the same tyre compound as in the qualifying session. For this time I will give out a warning, but beware, next time this will penalized! I can understand that you mentioned that this was a bug, so as recommended to everybody, it is advised to record, whereas for this issue even some screenshots could have showed that this was an issue in the game.

Saiko

Pro Karter
Jan 8, 2016
@Andrei Codreanu Yes thank you. I will record from next race and if happens again i will be showing the footage. As it happened I immediatly tried to advert you before the start because i remembered the rule of course. But there will be no probs in next races :)

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
@Andrei Codreanu Yes thank you. I will record from next race and if happens again i will be showing the footage. As it happened I immediatly tried to advert you before the start because i remembered the rule of course. But there will be no probs in next races :)
Yes that is also why we won't penalize it this time, but you have to understand that we can't take everybody by their word, but proving footage needs to be present. This applies to everybody but I hope that we won't get into this situation anymore.