PC - Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix [23/04/2017 8:00 pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix [23/04/2017 8:00 pm]

Marek

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 4, 2016
ah ur brake pedal broke? i had t3pas as well broke after less than a year, went for the t3pa pros instead, hope u get new ones from tm man
Actually the plug broke :'D i think there was some fabrication error cause I only plugged it in/out like 5 times to clean things up. You can't buy the plug itself so it's pretty hard to repair it by myself^^
feelsbadman

Laakso

AOR PC F1 Split 2 & AC Porsche & AEC LMP Champion
Sep 23, 2016
can we move the race by one week? im just starting to get faster in the track =D

• Optimistic
Reactions: NickB

MassaChaussettes

Semi-Pro Karter
Nov 28, 2016
Me too xD
My plane has been delayed later today and even if by a miracle I would be at home just for the race, with no practice since 20 days on this game the only option I have is to miss this one and to make sure it won't happen again, sorry guys :meh:

• Informative
Reactions: FisiFan91

FisiFan91

AOR Founder
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Just to confirm there will be space for you tonight @ramdrop, in either the Mercedes, Renault or Manor (your choice).

FisiFan91

AOR Founder
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Alright lads, finally the time has come for the first race!

I just want to wish you all the best of luck for this season. Although Season 13 is noticeably shorter than the one we have just finished, one thing that remains certain is that there will still be a lot of ups and downs for all of us throughout these 15 rounds. One thing we need to remember is that there are 20 drivers on the grid and obviously, only one driver can win each week, only 3 of us can get on the podium, and half of us will end up disappointed to not score any points each race. There will inevitably be some frustrating moments, as is to be expected on these Codies games, but hopefully the good moments will out-weigh the frustrations when the season is over.

While we're all competitive here, we're also here to have fun and experience some good racing - and even though not every result will go your way, I hope everyone will at least have a good time racing for whatever position you end up fighting for. And for that to happen it's up to each of us to make sure we keep our driving clean, by staying within the track limits and doing our best to avoid contact. Last season I believe we were one of the leagues with fewest stewards enquiries, so let's try to keep it like that please! :)

Also, just to note, @Knalliee has been assigned as the lobby host for tonight as based on the speedtests posted on sign-up he seems to have the best connection in the league. Like last season, we will be using the "Multiplayer Championship" lobby, which means that you will be able to rejoin the session through my (or another driver's) name on the steam friends list if you were to disconnect or suffer a game crash - but also note that you will have to be in the lobby before qualifying launches in order to take a spot on the grid, so don't turn up late.

Also, in case someone had missed it, we are using Discord rather than TeamSpeak for voice chat this season. You can find more info here about how to get on that if you haven't already. Note that the race channel requires you to use push-to-talk in order to speak.

With that said, I'm looking forward to seeing you all out there! Good luck :stig:

@NickB @Marco FD @FisiFan91 @Marek @Nukka @XLNC_Afro @Ycoms @Qélon @Chicane @Knalliee @BergheVonTrips @MassaChaussettes @nicknoname777 @Laakso @Maffus @maxafc46 @F.Donoso @fugotaro @Fehler3 @Saffzo Zenron @ramdrop

RyanL83

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 8, 2014
Good luck to all of you tonight racing! Make it a good one and a heads up if I get anyones name wrong I apologise in advance haha :rolleyes:

• Friendly
Reactions: Nukka and Fehler3

allflattious

Formula 3 2nd Driver
AOR Commentator
Feb 15, 2016
Yep sorry I'm a bit late on this one! Good luck to all :) Hopefully you can guys can create some great racing for me that I can use for highlights! :D

nicknoname777

GP2 Test Driver
Mar 23, 2014
Got a double feeling about this race. Forgot about the rain so only qualified on softs and got 17th. Fought my way up to 8th and had good pace with no stops to go anymore so was on course for a 6th or 7th place but then i got a huge frame drop at the exit of the fast left right and lost it there. Did have nice pace and some awesome battles with loads of people though. Looking forward to next race

Nukka

1-time AOR PC Split 2 Champion
Oct 10, 2014
That went as expected. I have so far in my AOR career never had a decent opener in Melbourne.

I actually thought for a while that this could be the one, then someone decided to take away my breakingpoints - hello gravel x3. Lesson learned.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
- Had major framedrops in qualy
- Got pushed off track at turn 1
- Got an illegal overtake warning for passing Maffus under yellow flags
- Crashed into the back of Nukka at turn 13 due to some plank having taken out the braking boards, lost front wing
- Disconnected and had to rejoin

Overall, perfect start to the season (y)

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
lost the car over the exit kerbs in the final lap of the race in Melbourne. Goodbye nice points finish :cry:
where did I see that before? O right

• Funny
Reactions: Qélon

allflattious

Formula 3 2nd Driver
AOR Commentator
Feb 15, 2016
Hey guys, so I'll get started on editing the highlights for this tomorrow! If anyone wants to send me qualifying footage for me to use in a qualifying comparison segment of the highlights then feel free to send it to me either by PM or here :)

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
Q: not really a fast lap, but only 1.6 seconds behind P1.... which means P16 in this very competetive field.
R: Got through the intermediate laps pretty well. Apologies to both force india drivers about my sloooow pit entry. I was still busy re-selecting the tyres, because the engineer had suggested full wets :banghead: and I clicked to agree at first :banghead:. Pretty difficult to adjust the tyres in the final few corners when also fighting with others and with grip because I needed different tyres anyway.

After that it was mostly a lonely race, until I finally started to close the gap to @maxafc46 in the final few laps of the race. Lost the car and spun over the exit kerbs of the fast chicane. Recovery took long and I finished in the familiar 11th position. If I played it safe I would've had 7th and maybe with some luck it could've been 6th, so due to the final lap, I leave Australia disappointed.

Highlights:

Reactions: NickB and maxafc46

NickB

Formula 3 Test Driver
Sep 11, 2016
Q: P1 but wasn't really the best of laps. S1 I was 0.15 down on my PB but still went purple and by the fast chicane I was 0.2 down so I decided I couldn't be conservative through there and chucked it in. If I went off it wouldn't of mattered as I was down but luckily I did it absolutely perfectly and made up 0.2 alone. S3 on my original lap was pretty poor so I easily made up the final two tenths to do a 24.0. With a better S1 and S2 would of been a 23.8.

R: At the start of the race I built a small gap to @BergheVonTrips in P2 but as it began to dry up he reeled me in. When it came to pitting I couldn't pit first as everyone behind me on track would result in me getting held so I stayed out but this gave Berghe the lead, quickly passed him however. Then came the realisation that despite seeming faster it was impossible to pull away due to the slipstream, so I stuck it in lean to save a lot of fuel for later in the race (lol). Berghe went past before I pitted and we had a small battle on that lap. Going into T13 I was marginally ahead but he still run me off the track which I wasn't very happy about as I felt I was far enough to deserve room and I'd also left him room at the same corner earlier on in the race.

I saved about 1.5laps of fuel and decided to pit earlier, admittedly didn't meant to pit as early as I did though. I had about 3 laps to undercut him on the slower medium tyres but I used the fuel I had saved up and pulled around a 4s lead so it was again a case of not using up the fuel left until I need it.

He came at me later in the race but I felt like I had him covered on the most part, placed my car well and didn't allow him any opportunities to get past.

Feel pretty robbed however, on the last corner I had +0.06 of fuel so I put it into rich just to be safe but still run out of fuel despite crossing the line with +0.03 fuel.

Words cannot describe what it's like to essentially net lead nearly every lap and lose it 50 meters before the finish line

Congratulations to @BergheVonTrips on the win though.

Last edited:

Fehler3

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 24, 2017
Here are my personal highlights of the race, after the pitstop it was not too exciting until the final lap...

You can find both the full qualifying and race here, the highlights are mentioned in the video describtion:

Reactions: FisiFan91