PC - Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix [23/04/2017 - 8:00pm UK time] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix [23/04/2017 - 8:00pm UK time]

aeN

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 23, 2016
Good first race (y)

I screwed up my quali on my last attempt, could've maybe started further up, but the race was really fun.
Managed to finish P7 in the end, happy with that!

Reactions: KurvZ and H_pro1

amdavies

Formula Karter
Aug 8, 2016
Great first race to the season! Definitely a range of pace there, but good clean racing all around (at least during my battles).

Qualy: P8
Wet qualy, looked like it was going to be heavy rain all session. Went out with a high amount of fuels, put in a steady banker lap. Then put in 3 reasonably solid laps, sat P2 and no signs of an improving track after that; so sat in the garage. Unfortunately, the track definitely improved, and people started on inters, plus some generally decent laps pushing me steadily down the grid.

Race: P8
Massively disappointed in that finishing position based on my first stint pace; although after L12 (and L22) I'm amazed I got any points at all.

Started on SS, surrounded by people on softs. Take T1 safely, leaving space to the Renault on the outside, and no one pressuring me from behind. T2 I see 2 cars go flying off to the side, so I'm quickly up into P6. Pass @Dazzy Oz through T8 after he makes a mistake; and then go around the outside of T11 to take @Ely' after pushing to max revs. P4 after lap 1!. Close up to P3 during L2 as they're scrapping quite heavily in front. Managed to get past @Ludvig Petersson through T13/14 on L3 (Hope I left enough space there). Boring DRS pass into T1 (L5) on @Quincy to get into P2. Then did some serious pushing for the rest of the stint to gain @JurYEdits.

Jury pitted L8, I tried to push for another lap hoping he'll hit some traffic on the outlap. Unfortunately, I ended up coming out of the pits level going in to T1, so I had to yield. Jury decided to he didn't like the tarmac on T1 of L11, making me tense as I see the arrow pointing to his car fly back across the track, clearly having just slammed in to the wall.

And this is where my race fell apart. Stuck behind slower cars on softs that were fighting for position, losing several seconds a lap on my pace. Pass @KurvZ as he's slowed by fighting, try to get a run on @Scott_Aitchison out of T9/10, but unfortunately he spins, I clip his back tyre and break a wing. Have to tun around on the grass, lose more traction and break the wing some more. Tried to go on Medium tyres to finish the race, but pushing too hard to recover lost time, and drop the backend through T16 on L21 and damage my wing again.

Went of SS, came out dead last (P13 at the time) and pushed for fastest lap, fortunately lots of chaos ahead; and managed to pass @Clint58 on the line for P8.

Last edited:
Reactions: H_pro1

Scott_Aitchison

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 27, 2015
Unfortunate DNF for me, qualifying was really good, tried to go out on inters at the end but the game bugged and sent me out on wets. Got a bad start and was caught in a incident which dropped me to last, made my way back up to 5th before being in another incident, then on lap 17 I made a stupid mistake which ended my race. My POV is below:

Reactions: KurvZ

Clint58

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 18, 2015
Pain - I got the red light bug at start and somebody went straight into the back of me - not sure who it was but my apologies - nothing I could do.

Thing is I got got a 10 second penalty for that collision (and some damage but forget that) and that dropped me from 9th to 11th overall in the end. Didn't record the race but I'm I entitled to go to stewards to get it removed? As I say nothing I could do and collision wasn't my fault.

Thought I'd check as never been to stewards before.

Meireloso

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
First race in AOR PC, and it was pretty good.

Only P14 in qualifying due to a lack of practice on wet conditions with a wheel (I was definitly lost on the track lol)..

Race:
I managed to gain 2 positions at the start thanks to @Clint58 's failure to start and 2 other positions because of a crash between a Merc and a Toro Rosso at T1.

Quick battle between @aeN and @KurvZ ahead of me but aeN pushed him on the kerbs in the last sector first left corner which allowed me to grab another position.

After a Haas going into the wall and aeN getting involved in a incident with a Merc at T1 I'm P7 at L4.

L10, 4 cars ahead have stopped so I'm P4 in a quick battle against @Dazzy Oz, and one lap later I managed to overtake him at the exit of the left-right in the second sector. P3.

L12 I went into the pits for my only pitstop with a 75% wear on my front-left wheel.

After the second pitstop of aen and @Quincy I got back to P3, trying to catch up the top 2, @Ludvig Petersson and @Ely' . I managed to get a battle against Ludvig for the last 5 laps, made the move to overtake him at the end of the second DRS zone at lap 27. Unfortunatly, L28 I failed to make a good exit after the left-right and Ludvig had no struggle to overtake me again. Anyway, crossing the finish line in 3rd is still fine after starting P14, and good game to Ely

Punisher

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 17, 2014
Pain - I got the red light bug at start and somebody went straight into the back of me - not sure who it was but my apologies - nothing I could do.

Thing is I got got a 10 second penalty for that collision (and some damage but forget that) and that dropped me from 9th to 11th overall in the end. Didn't record the race but I'm I entitled to go to stewards to get it removed? As I say nothing I could do and collision wasn't my fault.

The red light bug happens when you leave and rejoin in quali. Sometimes your lights go green before everyone else and sometimes your lights go green later than everyone like it did this time.

Clint58

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 18, 2015
I see - so what about the 10 second penalty for the rear collision - am I entitled to get it removed or is it just a consequence of the red light bug - racing incident and take it on the chin in other words?

Flips

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 31, 2016
It was a very fun race yesterday (.. only 8-9 laps for me)
I had the best start in a long time, but smashed into Clint at the start/finish straight in Lap 1.
I broke my Front Wing entirely which meant that I couldn't race with the same pace as in Practice.

Later on I got smashed into again, don't know who, but it was a bit annoying.

At least Ely' (Renault Driver) won the Race! What a legend.
[DOUBLEPOST=1493016526][/DOUBLEPOST]And just another thing:
Remove the Safety Car for the next race please.

amdavies

Formula Karter
Aug 8, 2016
I see - so what about the 10 second penalty for the rear collision - am I entitled to get it removed or is it just a consequence of the red light bug - racing incident and take it on the chin in other words?
Take it to the stewards, it's normally something they'll reverse assuming someone has footage.

Flips

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 31, 2016
First race in AOR PC, and it was pretty good.

Only P14 in qualifying due to a lack of practice on wet conditions with a wheel (I was definitly lost on the track lol)..

Race:
I managed to gain 2 positions at the start thanks to @Clint58 's failure to start and 2 other positions because of a crash between a Merc and a Toro Rosso at T1.

Quick battle between @aeN and @KurvZ ahead of me but aeN pushed him on the kerbs in the last sector first left corner which allowed me to grab another position.

After a Haas going into the wall and aeN getting involved in a incident with a Merc at T1 I'm P7 at L4.

L10, 4 cars ahead have stopped so I'm P4 in a quick battle against @Dazzy Oz, and one lap later I managed to overtake him at the exit of the left-right in the second sector. P3.

L12 I went into the pits for my only pitstop with a 75% wear on my front-left wheel.

After the second pitstop of aen and @Quincy I got back to P3, trying to catch up the top 2, @Ludvig Petersson and @Ely' . I managed to get a battle against Ludvig for the last 5 laps, made the move to overtake him at the end of the second DRS zone at lap 27. Unfortunatly, L28 I failed to make a good exit after the left-right and Ludvig had no struggle to overtake me again. Anyway, crossing the finish line in 3rd is still fine after starting P14, and good game to Ely
Man... you gotta do this at every Race in this Season! So fantastic to read.

Ctzn Ely

S13 AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 6, 2017
First race of the season and first AOR win after only 4 races in the leagues! I can't be happier about this result, I wasn't even aiming for a top 5 coming to Melbourne considering that this is not one of my preferred tracks to drive.

Wet quali was tricky and getting a good time was crucial to get at least into the top 10 (which I did). 7th place is fine for me, congrats to @JurYEdits for his (very!) quick time and for his first pole for his first AOR league race (y)

With a fully dry race predicted by the weather forecast, I opted for a 1-stop strategy as we could start the race on fresh tyres due to the wet quali session. I started on soft tyres in order to only stop once to finish the race on mediums. My start was OK, I gained two places into turn 1 thanks to an incident between @H_pro1 and @Scott_Aitchison ahead which gave me 5th place. At the end of the first sector, @fraguitar89 goes wide into turn 6 which moved me up to 4th. However, a tiny touch with the wall at the exit of turn 9 slowed me down a little bit, allowing @amdavies to catch me only the following straight and to overtake me in the fast chicane (brilliant move btw! (y)) so that relegated me down to 5th - a place that I'm gonna hold until the front runners starting on the supersoft tyres pit. At the end of Lap 8, I managed to catch @Ludvig Petersson who got slowed down by @Quincy on warn tyres in front of him. While the Ferrari pitted, I attacked the Manor on the start/finish straight with the help of DRS but it didn't work out. Later in the lap, I was closing on him after the fast chicane and I tried to have a look at the inside of turn 13. With @Ludvig Petersson running a little bit wide, it was the perfect time to overtake him at turn 14. This move was probably one of the most crucial moves I've ever done since I'm league racing, I managed to get the lead of the race until I pitted on Lap 12 for my first and only planned stop of the race.

The second stint was a lot quieter than the first one - there was only a bit of contact with @JurYEdits in the penultimate corner and a mistake at turn 3 but other than that, I managed to get the job done by keeping @Ludvig Petersson behind for the whole race since Lap 9.

At the end of the day, that 25 points for me & Renault! Such a shame that my teammate crashed after a few laps but that's how it is. I'm sure he's gonna perform well in Bahrain (y) Congrats to @Ludvig Petersson who had the pace to finish on the top step of the podium and to @Meireloso who got 3rd after starting 14th on the grid :)

Forgot to mention @Dazzy Oz who was not far behind me during the first stint (y)

Anyway lads, GG to all of you guys and see you in Bahrain for the second round of the championship (y)

The video of my race should come up on YouTube this week

PS: I was quite impressed to not having seen a single Safety Car during the race considering the amout of retirements we had throughout the race.

PPS: Did you guys have seen broken braking board? There were a few ones missing all around the circuit on my screen at least :banghead:

Hope you had good fun reading @Flips :D

Flips

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 31, 2016
First race of the season and first AOR win after only 4 races in the leagues! I can't be happier about this result, I wasn't even aiming for a top 5 coming to Melbourne considering that this is not one of my preferred tracks to drive.

Wet quali was tricky and getting a good time was crucial to get at least into the top 10 (which I did). 7th place is fine for me, congrats to @JurYEdits for his (very!) quick time and for his first pole for his first AOR league race (y)

With a fully dry race predicted by the weather forecast, I opted for a 1-stop strategy as we could start the race on fresh tyres due to the wet quali session. I started on soft tyres in order to only stop once to finish the race on mediums. My start was OK, I gained two places into turn 1 thanks to an incident between @H_pro1 and @Scott_Aitchison ahead which gave me 5th place. At the end of the first sector, @fraguitar89 goes wide into turn 6 which moved me up to 4th. However, a tiny touch with the wall at the exit of turn 9 slowed me down a little bit, allowing @amdavies to catch me only the following straight and to overtake me in the fast chicane (brilliant move btw! (y)) so that relegated me down to 5th - a place that I'm gonna hold until the front runners starting on the supersoft tyres pit. At the end of Lap 8, I managed to catch @Ludvig Petersson who got slowed down by @Quincy on warn tyres in front of him. While the Ferrari pitted, I attacked the Manor on the start/finish straight with the help of DRS but it didn't work out. Later in the lap, I was closing on him after the fast chicane and I tried to have a look at the inside of turn 13. With @Ludvig Petersson running a little bit wide, it was the perfect time to overtake him at turn 14. This move was probably one of the most crucial moves I've ever done since I'm league racing, I managed to get the lead of the race until I pitted on Lap 12 for my first and only planned stop of the race.

The second stint was a lot quieter than the first one - there was only a bit of contact with @JurYEdits in the penultimate corner and a mistake at turn 3 but other than that, I managed to get the job done by keeping @Ludvig Petersson behind for the whole race since Lap 9.

At the end of the day, that 25 points for me & Renault! Such a shame that my teammate crashed after a few laps but that's how it is. I'm sure he's gonna perform well in Bahrain (y) Congrats to @Ludvig Petersson who had the pace to finish on the top step of the podium and to @Meireloso who got 3rd after starting 14th on the grid :)

Forgot to mention @Dazzy Oz who was not far behind me during the first stint (y)

Anyway lads, GG to all of you guys and see you in Bahrain for the second round of the championship (y)

The video of my race should come up on YouTube this week

PS: I was quite impressed to not having seen a single Safety Car during the race considering the amout of retirements we had throughout the race.

PPS: Did you guys have seen broken braking board? There were a few ones missing all around the circuit on my screen at least :banghead:

Hope you had good fun reading @Flips :D
Of course, I had fun reading this! @Ely'

Renault is getting a great start this season. A victory at the first Race and 25 points to both the Drivers- and Constructors Championship. Renault hasn't really performed well last season, only a few race wins here and there in the other Leagues. This means that Renault is getting stronger and bigger, which they haven't been the last few years.

I am so glad that you became P1 in the very first race of the season. A good qualifying strategy and a perfect race strategy, which gave you the win.
I am a bit annoyed that my race ended that early (Lap 7-9). But as soon you crossed the line on the start/finish straight I knew that Renaut could be a great competitor for both the Drivers- and Constructors Championship.
Hopefully at Sakhir, Bahrain I can perform my greatest.

Renault Sport F1 Team:
(updated)

Wins: 36 (1 more due to Ely')
Drivers Championship: 2 (Maybe 3 at the end of this season)
Constructors Championship: 2 (Also.. 3 at the end of this season)

Great performance by you Ely', you did a great job!

#TeamRenault!

Reactions: Ctzn Ely

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014

The penalty won't be removed without evidence.

Punisher

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 17, 2014
The penalty won't be removed without evidence.
Shouldn't there be something in place in future to stop the lights out bug to happen like if you lag out of quali you need to start in the back of the grid for instance as lagging out in quali causes this bug to happen so starting infront of people wouldn't be a good thing. And also when you start in the back of the grid be careful when you drive off just incase it allows you to start before everyone else. This sort of thing happened in socials last season but not in league races because we didn't run championship mode last season.

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
Shouldn't there be something in place in future to stop the lights out bug to happen like if you lag out of quali you need to start in the back of the grid for instance as lagging out in quali causes this bug to happen so starting infront of people wouldn't be a good thing. And also when you start in the back of the grid be careful when you drive off just incase it allows you to start before everyone else. This sort of thing happened in socials last season but not in league races because we didn't run championship mode last season.
If someone has made a lap already, we cannot move him to the back of the grid. We can't expect that everyone gets a good start etc. so it's the car behinds job to lookout that it doesn't crash to the car in front. I don't really know what solutions there are when someone rejoins mid quali. If this will be a serious problem then we have to change back to the normal mode.