PC - Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix [23/04/2017 - 8:00pm UK time] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix [23/04/2017 - 8:00pm UK time]

R.A.J.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Had this problem in split 4 last season using normal invite lobbies, happened to me personally.
Just need to be aware if you are the driver that disconnects that you will either as mentioned, go first or get a delayed start.
If you get lights out before others be ready to dodge the car ahead of you and as a nice thing to do don't try and jump the whole grid, lift off a bit and slot back in around where you started. sometimes easier said than done I know.

For a delayed start the onus is really on the drivers around the one that disconnected and rejoined to be aware they might not go when you expect.
Either way the affected driver should make sure those around him are aware of potential problems by saying something to them in voice chat.

My thoughts
Cheers

Reactions: KurvZ

Ctzn Ely

S13 AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 6, 2017
If someone has made a lap already, we cannot move him to the back of the grid. We can't expect that everyone gets a good start etc. so it's the car behinds job to lookout that it doesn't crash to the car in front. I don't really know what solutions there are when someone rejoins mid quali. If this will be a serious problem then we have to change back to the normal mode.
I suggest that if a driver disconnects in quali, this driver has to say it on Discord during the quali results or in the formation lap so that the cars behind know that the driver could potentially have the red light glitch

Edit: @R.A.J. said it all!

Reactions: KurvZ

Punisher

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 17, 2014
There is ways we can try and combat this issue however I do feel that having the other drivers having to avoid the delayed starter could easily still cause carnage and loads of people crashing as it's a full grid and people darting about to avoid a non moving car, or atleast it could screw up the person behind the delayed starters race when it isn't the person behinds fault. For me I'd say if you lag out you start at the back if possible but if you've already done a lap before D/C then the rest of the drivers have no choice but to avoid. Shouldn't affect the other drivers unless theres no other choice. If the same person keeps lagging out then it should also put to question on there capabilities of racing.

Flips

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 31, 2016
There is ways we can try and combat this issue however I do feel that having the other drivers having to avoid the delayed starter could easily still cause carnage and loads of people crashing as it's a full grid and people darting about to avoid a non moving car...
That's exactly what happened to be in Australia yesterday. @Clint58 had the Red Light bug, so I smashed right into his gearbox and caused an incident which completely destroyed my race.
So guys! Remember to go slow at the start... I talk from experiences.

pimruspolos

Formula Karter
Aug 17, 2016
My internet is very frustrating... I couldn't able to attend at the race, bacause of my internet problems... But finally they fixed my problems with a new internet modem :) Yeee :D So see you guys next time ;) :)

Clint58

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 18, 2015
I suggest that if a driver disconnects in quali, this driver has to say it on Discord during the quali results or in the formation lap so that the cars behind know that the driver could potentially have the red light glitch

Edit: @R.A.J. said it all!

Agreed but the driver that disconnects from quali has to know it results in a red light bug. I had no idea that happened until it was explained to me after race. If I disconnect again I'll be sure to inform those near me at the start.

It ruined my race aswell as @Flips but I am very sorry for that - hopefully won't happen again.

Won't take my 10 second penalty to stewards.

Reactions: Ctzn Ely

Ctzn Ely

S13 AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 6, 2017
Agreed but the driver that disconnects from quali has to know it results in a red light bug. I had no idea that happened until it was explained to me after race. If I disconnect again I'll be sure to inform those near me at the start.

It ruined my race aswell as @Flips but I am very sorry for that - hopefully won't happen again.

Well, since it happened to you yesterday now I guess everybody is aware of the current situation :)

R.A.J.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016

Didn't do my race start much good either :(

Flips

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 31, 2016

It's okay @Clint58 that's how racing is.. just unlucky.

Flips

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 31, 2016
Know it is my turn...

A very unlucky first race to season 13! I've practised the Australian Grand Prix every day, before the Qualifying and Race, about 4-5 days before Sunday.

Qualy: P13 (1:42:499)
Qualifying in Wet conditions is not my favourite at the Australian Grand Prix. I have practised Dry conditions and felt like I have a perfect pace. But unfortunately, the weather is unpredictable.
The first lap I made a slow lap: 1:44:789, just to get on the board. I went back to the garage and changed some Wheel Settings. A few minutes later I came out to the track and made my best lap in that session: 1:42:499, which I am not proud of.
Only 2:10 minutes till the session ends (+ 3 min). I tried to get into the pits as fast as possible, so I could get my Intermediate tires on. I was too late.

Race: DNF (P17)
Massively disappointment.
I started on the Soft tires. I got a perfect start at the start/finish line, but unfortunately, @Clint58 had the "Red Light Bug". Which meant I crashed right into his gearbox and destroyed my Front Wing.
I was a bit insecure. "Should I pit know... or should I wait?" - but I stayed out. This meant that I wouldn't have the same race pace as the other drivers on the track.

Around Lap 7-8 at the last turn, my computer had a big FPS drop... which meant my car weren't steerable for 2-3 seconds. I panicked and tried to "save the car". The car oversteered and crashed right into the Pit Wall.

... one of my worst and most unlucky races in a very long time.
But ....

@Ely' came home with a win for #TeamRenault. Which made my day a lot happier.

Reactions: Ctzn Ely and H_pro1

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014

After the two incidents in the start of the race, my race was over(n) The FPS lag on my end signed the retirement.