Dec 9, 2016
Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 30th September 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit
Laps: 29

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Reprimanded

Last edited:

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
@Nasom @Reprimanded @Ryndal @Head Squid @Maxxwil @menk @iJokeri22 @Footyad24 @filipos6 @Partyfuchs @Kane Jr @MAGNUSSEN @Cramps @Duip@SLI @Jayrayan13 @tim_haeusli @Maickhou @Skinner @Aiden34

Gonna go with the staged invites to get the strongest connections in first. Please join when your invite is sent, not when you feel like it.

Please join Discord (even with no mic) unless your connection is so marginal turning it off helps. Remember to mute the race lobby.

Consider the impact of livestreaming on your connection bandwidth. Record your race instead and test for framedrops online BEFORE the league race.

Also please do not retire the car on track during qualifying, retire in the garage.

Collisions on the Formation Lap will be penalised, unless it is a game glitch or genuine accident.

During the race, retirement is discouraged as we will ask you to remain in the lobby until the end of the race, this helps with stability like 'no rejoins'.

Rejoins are not allowed so backup invites will not be sent. (If AI is misbehaving extremely, then we may if possible re-invite you to retire the car).

Recap on the rules, please read them.

https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/league-rules-aor-f1-2018-leagues-season-16.44389/

@Hinyaldee is your COD, he is in control of the lobby, respect his instructions and advice.

This may feel like a set of instructions, but all of them are to try to give us the best possible online experience. Have fun!

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
What sort of lap times are we looking at? I can do a mid 21 in qualy not sure how competitive that will be though. :)

Head Squid

GP2 Reserve Driver
Aug 24, 2017
@Nasom @Reprimanded @Ryndal @Head Squid @Maxxwil @menk @iJokeri22 @Footyad24 @filipos6 @Partyfuchs @Kane Jr @MAGNUSSEN @Cramps @Duip@SLI @Jayrayan13 @tim_haeusli @Maickhou @Skinner @Aiden34

Gonna go with the staged invites to get the strongest connections in first. Please join when your invite is sent, not when you feel like it.

Please join Discord (even with no mic) unless your connection is so marginal turning it off helps. Remember to mute the race lobby.

Consider the impact of livestreaming on your connection bandwidth. Record your race instead and test for framedrops online BEFORE the league race.

Also please do not retire the car on track during qualifying, retire in the garage.

Collisions on the Formation Lap will be penalised, unless it is a game glitch or genuine accident.

During the race, retirement is discouraged as we will ask you to remain in the lobby until the end of the race, this helps with stability like 'no rejoins'.

Rejoins are not allowed so backup invites will not be sent. (If AI is misbehaving extremely, then we may if possible re-invite you to retire the car).

Recap on the rules, please read them.

https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/league-rules-aor-f1-2018-leagues-season-16.44389/

@Hinyaldee is your COD, he is in control of the lobby, respect his instructions and advice.

This may feel like a set of instructions, but all of them are to try to give us the best possible online experience. Have fun!
Perhaps we should leave a little bit of time on the grid for those who want to make adjustments to their strategy and fuel levels. That was a headache in the previous seasons i was in.

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
Perhaps we should leave a little bit of time on the grid for those who want to make adjustments to their strategy and fuel levels. That was a headache in the previous seasons i was in.
Of course, it'll happen. I'm the one who's supposed to press "Start Race" and nobody else. But that will be reminded over Discord before the race, which is also another reason why we need you all to be at least able to hear on Discord ;)

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I just set a 1:21:3 but ran out of ERS coming to the final straight lol
I did a 21.8 but lost 3 tenths in the quick chicane and also ran out of ERS, sounds like it will be close on Sunday :)

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
@Hinyaldee @Jay during my practice sessions it seems like when formation lap is enabled yellow flags do not work on track or in the hud. thought you guys might want to know.
Green flag throughout the session is also a possibility with Formation Lap, however the league rule is currently that the Formation Lap is On. Until there is a decision otherwise, we go with the rule.

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
Without the formation lap, it is just impossibl to startvon the hardest tyre for people who doesn't want to use the softest compound first. You're driving on ice for at least two laps, meaning you have to be slow and careful and you will lose more than one position, which makes it unfair for those that prefer the hard tyre/soft tyre strategy

Kane Jr

S18 AOR PC America F2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2017
Will the safety car be enabled in the league races this season?

Reprimanded

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 26, 2018
Thanks to crappy Sunday train timetables I won't be able to make it back in time. There is a very slight chance I may be able to get in between the start of qualy and the race, but I doubt it.

• Informative
Reactions: Hinyaldee

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Will the safety car be enabled in the league races this season?
I believe so.

Thanks to crappy Sunday train timetables I won't be able to make it back in time. There is a very slight chance I may be able to get in between the start of qualy and the race, but I doubt it.
Will this be a problem every week or just this week?

Maxxwil

S17 AOR PC F8 Champion
Apr 15, 2018
1st raceday of the season! So excited, lets have a great race and keep it clean throughout!