PS4 - Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix - Sunday 15th April 2018 [8:00pm (UK time)] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix - Sunday 15th April 2018 [8:00pm (UK time)]

washy03

Reigning S14 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Staff Member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 2, 2016
Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 15th April 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit
Laps: 29

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

Jason007

F1 Coordinator
Staff Member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
It is unfortunate because the SC can definitely add unpredictability to the race, but it's too unreliable in F1 2017. Lets hope for the best in F1 2018

Jason007

F1 Coordinator
Staff Member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
If anyone is interested in a practice race, F7 COD @HoinkDoink will be hosting a practice race at 8:00PM UK time. If anyone here in F8 is interested feel free to send him a message.

MrRobinhx

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 14, 2017
Don't be stupid. Robot Wars is down for good. Something sent wrong when i exit the qualifying results. Can we have a sosial race this week before the next round on sunday? I want to race you guts om Australia.

Sepidn

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 28, 2018
After practicing quite a lot during the week due to having a long break from the game the result here was almost as much as we could wish for the Haas.
Me and Vainottu trained to maximize our race pace without making mistakes. Went with little slower but more stellar setup.

Qualification went as well as it could have. In our practice runs I managed to do 1.22.85 once and nailing 1.23.0 was more than great performance in the league race with the small added pressure and having Vainottu to do a great quali lap as well was great. Haas with the front row lockout as Mrstim made a mistake in the Quali.
P1 Quali

Race was what we had been training during the week and after a decent start I managed to hold the P1. Vainottu had some wheelspin and lost the P2 to Firedemon.
From then on I just tried to keep my head cool and make it to the first pit stop without any major mistakes. Pit stop went really well and I rejoined to P4. Got past Jason in the first sector and then kept doing what I was doing. solid 1.27.xxx for pretty much the whole race.

There was some things that I did not see coming. Lapping a few guys due to their crashes earlier in the race I had to do some battling against guys with fresh Ultra softs which cost me some time. 0.5-1.5sec here and there.

8 laps to go and I see MrStim was 14sec behind me so I was quite confident about the win since I could still pull the same lap times as on lap 10 after the pit stop. Doing green sectors with rich. Well I was wrong. 5 laps later MrStim was on my tail and the speed difference was just way too much and that's when I did my only 'bigger' mistake as well and run the corner after the S's wide when trying to defend. Lost couple seconds there.

After that I kept doing good laps to the finish line. P2 and P3 for Haas was a great start for the season.
RACE:

Last edited:

danio

Formula 4 Test Driver
Premium Member
Feb 8, 2017
Q- Last

I had to crash due to situation what you can see on POV

R- 9

Well I did not practiced at all as I don’t have a tome to do that so results will be relatively bad however I was suprised to finish in points

Starts on softs think that could be one stopper race but I felt I will have no pace at all, but surprisingly I was doing preety well.
At the beginning of the race my controller decided to disconnect due to flat battery.
Then when I rejoined I was on P13 and I had to push to catch others.
Lap 2 big collision involes two Ferraris I think which cause chaotic movements to everyone and there I’ve lost my position in favour to @Stewart Macdougall as I had to slow down for apparently illegal overtake. But I got that position back after next turn.
Lap 3 P10 I saw @Enaw struggling so I’ve made nice overtaking on him in fast chicane and chased others.

On lap 9 I managed to catchup got @Limaro Fipama but he dived in to the pit so that put me on P7.
Lap 13 I’ve managed to catch @ColeBurch14 and I followed him till lap16 where @mrstim96 pushed him onto the wall.
Lap19 I’ve decided finally to change my tyres. I’ve gone for ultras as @Link87 put SS on his. Think I gonna push on them towards to end but on exit lapped car don’t know who was it pushed me onto the wall where I’ve lost part of my wing so my plan died.
From now on all what I could do is to defend so @Link87 won’t catch me. I was defending all way up to lap26 where I’ve made the mistake going to wide off.

P9 at the end

Not bad for lack of practice but I could be higher.

My pov below

Aug 25, 2017
Pre-Race: Aim was for low to mid 23 in quali hoping to be in top 5 and then push for a podium in the race.

Qualifying: P10 Urggghhhh, dreadful and a sign of things to come. Held up on the final few corners on first run then on 2nd run pushed too hard through the fast chicanes and it all went wrong.

Race: P10 With the cooler temps I was going for plan B, run the US to 13/14 then go with the SS to the end.

Got a good getaway from the start put as I approached turn 1 I was pushed out on onto the grass and going into the side of @gohst ending up with damaged wing. Carried on until lap 9 in 7th place but the damaged wing was really slowing me down and with people on the softs catching me up I decided to pit for the Soft tyres.

Lap 12 I caught upto @Stewart Macdougall went passed at turn 3, dropped into 2nd gear by mistake and lost the back end and @gohst was there again for me to go into and lose my front wing again!! Luckily I don’t think he got any damage too.

Back to the pits for another wing, stuck on the SS and away I went.

From then on I was just hoping that I could get just 1 point to salvage something from this mess but with @gohst and @Stewart Macdougall around me on the US it didn’t look likely. Luckily for me @Stewart Macdougall lost it in the fast chicane and I presume @gohst US tyres ran out or he had a problem as I caught up and passed him for 10TH!

I thought that was the end of it, but in the final few laps I had @iej76 catching me rapidly on fresh US, not knowing if he had a penalty or not and on my final warning I started taking corners a lot slower than usual and only just crossed the line 1 sec ahead.

Post Race: Terrible first race of the season, but had a good couple of battles throughout to keep it sort of fun! Hopefully China will bring some better luck.
Congrats to @Sepidn and @Vainottu on the podium and to my teammate @mrstim96 for the win from the back. You were rapid out there!

Last edited: