Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014

Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix
Season 8

Race Information:

Date: Sun 27th April 2014
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Albert Park

If you are unable to attend the race, PLEASE advise your League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread.

• League Rules
• League Information
• Race Calendar
• Current Standings

Track Guide:

[video=youtube;uGWtlTpUjnc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGWtlTpUjnc[/video]

Beyond

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Qualification & Race Results
[results="width:940px;height:520px"]key=0AqUuyPMQFID-dGl5Vm1JNFRRZ2NpdkQ5Rnd4NmNib2c&u sp idget=true&range=B2:F22&gid=68&single=true&chro me=false[/results]

AOR Adrenaline

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Absolutely love this track, but for some reason i just cant seem to find the pace around here. But i love racing around either way, So for Sundays race I am just hoping for a no disconnect so i can get into the points.

scotchtape20

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 26, 2014
Due to a last minute impromptu (aka school), I won't be able to attend the race today unfortunately. See you all next week!

Reactions: Beyond

StigsDKcousin

Rookie
Jan 15, 2014
Guys. Guess you haven't noticed, but the time's listed in the OP is saying to different things.

Title says: 20:00 GMT
Race information sate's: 18:00 UK time

I'm pretty sure those time's are separated by 1 hour :) So when is it again? :)
Guessing it's @ 19:00 GMT / 20:00 UK time, right?

TheVerenzak

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Had a pretty good race.
Didn't expect much as I knew I was way of the pace. Hoped to get 11th in qualy as that would be a pretty good result and I could've started on new tires. Qualified in 10th, which was better than expected, but I couldn't start on new tires.
In the race I was pretty much alone the entire time. A few little battles with people coming out of the pits around me, but not very interesting.
I have to be honest and say that I've got quite a lot of cuts and extendings for which I didn't get a warning or penalty. If someone thinks I did it too much, I accept the fact that you go to the stewards.

Wanted a top 10, finished in 10th, so I'm pretty happy with that.
My POV is uploading atm.
http://youtu.be/M7JzFzvRva4 -- Should be done uploading pretty soon.

Genesis

Rookie
Feb 26, 2014
This was without a doubt my weakest performance I've ever had with/in this game.
I will not upload my POV due to of my horrific driving.
Malaysia will be better for sure.
See ya next week.

Liam Mangan

rFactor2 Coordinator
Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
Apr 11, 2014
Qualifying Lap: 1:22.749

Will upload race later

JamieFoppele

Assetto Corsa Skin Creator
Jan 13, 2014
Very disappointing quali.
I had good pace and I should've improved my lap by at least 0.4, but that purple sectors made me a bit nervous I think.

My race was also not very good , considering that this is one of my favourite tracks.
I got hit by Husain in the first corner, fortunately I lost only a position to him. After my first pitstop I was behind a short battle between StelingDK and Brodway with quite a bit of contact, a few corners later I overtook Brodway after he made a mistake. In lap 8 I overtook my teammate, using DRS. The final 21 laps I managed to hold up Beyond 2 times in the pits and I was all the time around 5 seconds behind him.

I'll take the 12 points and the fastest lap of the race, which is not bad for a rookie I think.
See you in Malaysia :)

[video=youtube_share;/Fu-OniyXci4]http://youtu.be/Fu-OniyXci4[/video]

Liam Mangan

rFactor2 Coordinator
Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
Apr 11, 2014
Race video (or what of my race before getting DC'd lol)

michaelpears

Rookie
Apr 17, 2014
Pretty good result for me qualified 8th finished 7th could've improved in quali but had a massive corner cut on my second quali lap and was surprised how much grip I had, start was ok but then it got pretty tense turn 2 and 3 there was 3 wide!! had to back off otherwise it would of been a big crash, thought I could do a 2 stop but my tyres would have been melting at the end so had to switch to a 3 stop pitted on lap 6 should of come in sooner and from then I was pretty much alone for the rest of the race until the final stint managed to catch up to the back of poppleton and pass him, the option tyres had so much grip compared to the primes so that was pretty much the only reason how I passed him. I was going to stream it but for some reason all weekend it had been dropping so didn't want to take the chance I will try and stream next week if it's better.

husainkadwa

Rookie
Mar 18, 2014
Really happy with P3

Disappointing qualy coz i did not manage to put a good lap in. Could have improved by 0.3

Was fighting Beyond during the entire race. managed to undercut him by pitting early but he was gaining at the end of the stints because my tires were worn out.

Also had to fight hard to clear traffic when pitting early and that cost me some time.

Anyways on the last stint Beyond was about 6sec behind with about 6 laps to go and he was closing on me fast. At the start of the last lap he was 1sec behind but I threw it away when i locked up into T3 as I was pushing. That cost me P2.

apologies to JamieFoppele for hitting him in the 1st corner. I out braked myself. sorry mate

looking forward to Malaysia

Beyond

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Well it was a good race guys I hope to see that you had many duels throughout and carry on this level of racing to show an example of how it's done for others, very pleased with my race weekend, pole and 2nd place after some time lost thanks to Jamie holding me up twice in the pits -_- and then getting back up to Husain luckily his tires went off and I could get him at T3 I think it was.

As for team wise, good win for Multi, 1-2 in the first race is a good start to me roll on this Malaysia!