PS4 - Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

HiippariLate

GP2 2nd Driver
Apr 3, 2018
Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 30th September 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit
Laps: 29

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows: @Jordy Lopez

Last edited:

nezehran

F1 Test Driver
Oct 2, 2017
What do you guys think pole time is gonna be around?

Im guessing qualifying : 1.19s
Racepace around : 1.21s to 1.23s

frandythomsen

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 10, 2017
Hope they patch the tyres overheating so much on a pad by sunday. Because atm i get like 107 degrees on the left front by just driving normally.

Reactions: kam

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
I’m in the 20’s for qualy. Hopefully can get into high 19’s tomorrow. But it’s more about race pace, and being consistent with speed over the course of a stint or race distance.

Reactions: xXVik-StarRxX

kam

Reigning S14 AOR PS4 F7 Champion
Jul 10, 2015
<sarcasm> boy i'm looking forward to this race </sarcasm>

PedroPMF

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 11, 2017
Is it just me o was qualifying way too slow?? I mean, a lot of people didnt even set a lap (yes I know corner cutting sucks around here, but still). I expected everyone to be between 1,20-1,21 (I wasnt even there btw hahaha)

PedroPMF

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 11, 2017
Race report
Qualifying: P13 It didnt went very good at all. I invalidated all my first tries with new tyres, so I set a 21,4 in worn tyres. It was a really bad time since I was getting 20,3-20,6 on practice. At least I was able to start on supersofts in the race.
Race: P11 Start was really good, i jumped 3 or 4 cars but later made a small mistake and lost 1 or 2 places. I was following a small train in P10 when all the guys in front got bunched up and I didnt see that coming so I got half yellow front wing. It was only lap 4 so I decided to stay out until lap 8 to make the 1 stop viable, while slowing down everyone behind as much as I could. On lap 8, just before pitting I lost the whole frontwing in an incident with axeri (no one's fault). The following thing screwed my race completely. Jeff told me to pit for softs, I accepted, but the game glitched ( I checked the video and it said softs ) or something and the pit crew put me on ultrasofts, completely destroying my race strategy. In the end I managed to finish P9 (I was last after pitting the second time) but with 6 time penalties I got P11.
Overall, it was a ton of fun despite all the incidents and bad luck, I had a great time battling with other people. The field looks to be pretty even and with a way easier circuit like bahrein coming next I expect nothing but a great race there. Congratulations to everyone for making this possible and especially to the top 3 finishers. Can't wait for next Sunday!

Reactions: Schnixel

xXVik-StarRxX

F1 Senna Equivalent
Feb 28, 2016
So. I qualified P6. Could've been better, im capable of much more than that. Race was fun! outsmarted a Renault and a McLaren and overtook them, then I was closing on @SlimboDude in the first stint. After the pit stops I was catching and made a solid move around the outside for he lead... man my heart stopped there xD. Good race and great battles.. onto the next one.

My highlights:
watch

advanceapple

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 11, 2017
So. I qualified P6. Could've been better, im capable of much more than that. Race was fun! outsmarted a Renault and a McLaren and overtook them, then I was closing on @SlimboDude in the first stint. After the pit stops I was catching and made a solid move around the outside for he lead... man my heart stopped there xD. Good race and great battles.. onto the next one.

My highlights:
watch
there is a problem. my ranking tells me that I arrived fourth and not third ..