PS4 - Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

advanceapple

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 11, 2017
hmm thats odd. unless the same glitch from last year has appeared and given me 10 seconds instead of 5. do you mind if I state this is my stewards inquiry ?
go ahead, the only problem is that I do not have a video on the podium, because I went to the bathroom and I closed the game.

Reactions: xXVik-StarRxX

advanceapple

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 11, 2017
Q: No time 18° I wanted to make a single attempt with the SS but I cut the corner

Race: I leave you the highlights ;D

advanceapple

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 11, 2017
hmm thats odd. unless the same glitch from last year has appeared and given me 10 seconds instead of 5. do you mind if I state this is my stewards inquiry ?
I do not know for what it is worth but if you pay attention to my video at minute 10.16 and you start counting the seconds since you reach the finish line when I step there are 12 seconds more or less. for this reason im third. but I do not explain why you are not from me.

Ozgur Bayrak

Pro Karter
Feb 10, 2017
@xXVik-StarRxX it snot 5 sec penalty, it is stopgo+5sec. thats why if u get stop go+5sec penalty and did not do any more pitstop, u'll get 10 sec penalty after the race.

@HiippariLate

as u can see from Vikstars results table attached below, i should be second and @advanceapple should be third.
but bugmasters shows vikstars second in our screens except vikstars one. pls make the points table with the table below.

f4 aus.JPG

xXVik-StarRxX

F1 Senna Equivalent
Feb 28, 2016
@xXVik-StarRxX it snot 5 sec penalty, it is stopgo+5sec. thats why if u get stop go+5sec penalty and did not do any more pitstop, u'll get 10 sec penalty after the race.

@HiippariLate

as u can see from Vikstars results table attached below, i should be second and @advanceapple should be third.
but bugmasters shows vikstars second in our screens except vikstars one. pls make the points table with the table below.

View attachment 63539
yeah thats the glitch, its not supposed to be 10 seconds lol. why would I do another pit stop to serve my 5 second stop go?

Ozgur Bayrak

Pro Karter
Feb 10, 2017
yeah thats the glitch, its not supposed to be 10 seconds lol. why would I do another pit stop to serve my 5 second stop go?
it's your choice; stop-go or 10 sec, lol. game is ridicilous, if anybody gets a penalty like drive through or stop go, it should be mandatory to take it during race. btw i think even 5 sec is too much for speeding in the pitlane.

@HiippariLate yeah it was in f1 2017. let me correct my exp; actually xvik had 3x3sec penalties already except this 5 or 10 sec penalty.
this game still not able to calculate penalties, couldnt add x sec to someones timing and being official f1 game...

PedroPMF

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 11, 2017
it's your choice; stop-go or 10 sec, lol. game is ridicilous, if anybody gets a penalty like drive through or stop go, it should be mandatory to take it during race. btw i think even 5 sec is too much for speeding in the pitlane.

@HiippariLate yeah it was in f1 2017. let me correct my exp; actually xvik had 3x3sec penalties already except this 5 or 10 sec penalty.
this game still not able to calculate penalties, couldnt add x sec to someones timing and being official f1 game...
It is not about making a choice, it is just as in real life, you get a 5 second time penalty and if you pit, you served it, but if you dont, then it is added to the final time. If it was mandatory, you would be disqualified within 3 laps

HiippariLate

GP2 2nd Driver
Apr 3, 2018
It is not about making a choice, it is just as in real life, you get a 5 second time penalty and if you pit, you served it, but if you dont, then it is added to the final time. If it was mandatory, you would be disqualified within 3 laps
Actually in real life stop-go penalties are mandatory it's just that you can serve normal 5 second penalties during your pitstop.

PedroPMF

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 11, 2017
Actually in real life stop-go penalties are mandatory it's just that you can serve normal 5 second penalties during your pitstop.
That is true, and that is why I think codemasters use non-mandatory stops and go so that you can know you will served your penalty if you pit, but if you dont then you will just be added 5 seconds at the end. I think they want them to be diferent from crashes or corner cutting penalties, because in real life you dont get 2-3 second time penalties

jomppalainen

S16 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 6, 2018
  • "There are two different versions of the ten-second penalty. One is mandatory, meaning it must be taken without exception. The other allows a driver to finish the race and take a ten-second time penalty, provided they do not pit again between the issuing of the penalty and the chequered flag.

• Drivers are also permitted not to stop if they receive a five-second penalty, provided again that they do not pit before the race’s finish. In this instance, five seconds will be added on to their time."
From the F1 site. So I think the F1 game doesn't actually have the mandatory stop-go, just the 5 second penalty which is optional wether you serve it in the pits or get time added. There is no 5 second mandatory penalty IRL.