Dec 9, 2016
Round 1 - Bahrain Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 19

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 8th March 2020
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Bahrain International Circuit
Laps: 29

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

Last edited:

St_Jonh

Semi-Pro Karter
Nov 13, 2019
unfortunately my PC crashed in lap 18. My video-file seems to be corrupted, too.

Partyfuchs

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 22, 2015
Many incidents in this race i dont want to report but will do next race.
A potential podium has gone :(
I was hoping for a good end cause suddenly the Safety Car came out but got last place at the end :(

@Alastre and @Kein Bergwerk
If you commit to a racing line for the corner, stick to it and dont shut the door while im next to you guys!

@Kein Bergwerk If you see the wave racing again after Safety Car has ended, go full throttle and dont chill in the middle of the track. Damaged my front wing cause of that.

All in all a fun race but these little incidents must change.

tYsU^

Formula 4 Test Driver
May 19, 2014
I love CODEMASTERS!

Quial: P3 on medium tires. 0.4 to p1, I could get pole easly, but I didn't want to use the same tires anymore

Race: great start, I was first after few corners. I controlled the pace until lap 6 when the safety car appeared. At first I thought it was only VSC, but when I saw it SC I was already too far from entering the boxes. I could go to pit for hard tires and drive to the end.
Then I came up with a very stupid idea that on the eighth lap while we were still behind the safety car, to go to the pit stop for hard tires. I still don't know why I did it. I returned after this pitstop in the last 19th place.
Now the circus begins. When we were driving behind the SC at a constant speed of 150 km/h, suddenly someone did a brake test and I smashed my wing (red) and additionally I got a penalty of 5 seconds.
On lap 11 VSC appeared and I slightly crossed the delta. I got a penalty - drive through the pit lane.
I decided to pit to change the wing and again I got a 5 second penalty for speed. In boxing I came behind my teammate and lost 15 seconds waiting.
On the next lap I had to pit again, because of penalty (drive through the pit lane).
After all, I was so nervous that I didn't focus on fast driving, even though I was making record laps.
I was so nervous, angry that I finally got a spin and ended up on the wall.

I'm very pissed because I had the perfect pace to win and than one wrong decision and then everything fell apart. :cry:

Alastre

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2020
Many incidents in this race i dont want to report but will do next race.
A potential podium has gone :(
I was hoping for a good end cause suddenly the Safety Car came out but got last place at the end :(

@Alastre and @Kein Bergwerk
If you commit to a racing line for the corner, stick to it and dont shut the door while im next to you guys!

@Kein Bergwerk If you see the wave racing again after Safety Car has ended, go full throttle and dont chill in the middle of the track. Damaged my front wing cause of that.

All in all a fun race but these little incidents must change.
Hi could you please tell me the lap of the incident involving me? I didn't rememeber at the moment so sorry in case a made a mistake. No problem to repot it, it's your right.

Just watched my video (i'm uploading it)...We have fight in just three occasions…

1st time you come in (I didn't see you coming in at all I reckon I was focused not lose the car due to understeering and got penalty for exced track limits.. but you came like a torpedo in the middle of a turn while you could just wait 4 seconds and pass me in the straight) on the inside but think you were to aggressive or fast (we didn't touch at all) and almost spun going out of track...I was in my racing line anyway.. So in the straight I went on the right side then made my move ( with you still far enough behind me) and went on the left. Main straight i wen't immediatly on the right you passed me with DRS then I moved on the left got your slipstream and overtaken you on the inside...there's where we touched (your front and my left back side)...last time in the short straight I was Always on the left and didn't do any move at all...you tried on the inside but spun...this of course from my point of view...no controversy, it's just to clarify ane to be sure I haven't done anything stupid that might have ruined you race! :)

Take a look at my video so you can see my point of view.

Last edited:

BlackViperGT

Pro Karter
Dec 21, 2019
It was a eventful first race for sure, the safety cars ruined a one stop strat but some good battles inbetween. Few incidents but nothing intentional to fuss about. Look forward to next weekend!

Reactions: Partyfuchs

Alastre

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2020
I’m very disappointed. It could have been easily a first round finished in points and ended up a step closer…First mistake was tyres choice…I picked up the wrong sets as I had just one medium set and no hard at all for Qualify..so I’ve been able to record a single lap trying not to stress too much the tyres and to not make mistakes. That’s why I started 15th. By the way as the race started I was only focused to avoid any damage in turn one, so I was very careful and slow and get out from that trap at 17th loosing two position. Stuck behind my team mate @BlackViperGT and traffic for a few laps before I’ve been able to overtake him. A few drivers in front spun so I dated back to first ten positions. When SC came out I’ve choosen to stay out as there were no point at all to change medium tyres after just six laps. As result of this choice when the race restarted I was P1 but after a couple of laps I went to the pit, not before that a Mercedes on the last turn slammed the door in front of me (he was faster and on fresh tyres, he could have waited easily the DRS zone to pass me), I’ve been lucky to report no damage at all. As I came out the pits with fresh hard I really feel confident to push but made a very stupid mistake hitting a curb and spun, damaging my front wing. Once again I’ve decided to stay out and dial with less grip and much more understeering. I’ve fought as I could, but I’ve quickly lost positions to a Red Bull, my team mate and @Hinyaldee. I’ve fought with @Partyfuchs half lap and was very fun and exciting, again mate, if I made any dangerous move my bad sorry, I really think I was clean in all three situations. So I’ve finished 11th with a +3 second penalty due to a few times I went off track limits due to understeer and wind damaged. I really enjoyed it, it could have been a 5th ot 6th at the end but that’s only my fault. Congratulations to the drivers who got points especially to @BlackViperGT :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Hinyaldee

Birkoff

GP2 Test Driver
Oct 4, 2014
Qualy: P17
Race: P4

Qualy report: Had my last flying lap on mediums invalidated, thus the low position.
Race report: had a good start on hards, managed to get P14 after the first two corners, tried to be as cautious as possible, worked out. Lot's of people were going off since the tires were cold and they were pushing, After a couple of laps, managed to get P10. When the first SC came out I went into the pits to change onto mediums, coming out from PIT, in T1 I had contact (can't remember the driver), this took a toll on my front wing, had to go back into the pits to replace it, came out in P17, so back to where I started. From this point, everything went smooth, had a good pace. On lap 21 made another pit stop to jump on softs, came back in P5, finished P4. Eventually, this was a good race, considering the finishing position, however, I need to get my s!#t together regarding qualification.

Unfortunately, I have pressed the wrong key combination for the recording, instead, is started the reply thingy. So no footage from my side this time.

See you all next round.

Strike

Formula Karter
Sep 7, 2018
My race :
Good 2nd place even if 1st place is played a few seconds.

See you next week