Round 1 - Bahrain Grand Prix [26/04/15 - 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Round 1 - Bahrain Grand Prix [26/04/15 - 8:00pm]

mat231985

GP2 Test Driver
Dec 7, 2014
That was frustrating! Wish I hadn't have bothered tonight!

Race 1
Qualified 5th. Got hit 3 times in the first 2 sectors of lap 1 by @t3hmightymidg3t then spun as I was exiting turn 10. He failed to wait. Sidepod or not, you still caused me to spin and lose positions. You should have given position back.. I got a time penalty for being ghosted while everyone else passed through me, too, which I will try to get removed.

Race 2
Started 7th and took the lead on lap 1. Stayed there for 7 laps building a 3.4 second gap to Gibbon. I pitted in the lead and got held in the box for 8 seconds!!
Wtf codemasters??? Pit lane glitch sends me from 1st -10th...
Came out 10th and spun through frustration at turn 1. Sorry to iTz Gord, I clipped him as I corrected my car! Struggled for grip and retired after that....

Last edited:

BlueAsedGibbon

F1 1st Driver
Jan 13, 2014

Race 1
Qualified 5th. Got hit 3 times in the first 2 sectors of lap 1 by @t3hmightymidg3t then spun as I was exiting turn 10. He failed to wait. Sidepod or not, you still caused me to spin and lose positions. You should have given position back.. I got a time penalty for being ghosted while everyone else passed through me, too, which I will try to get removed.

Race 2
Started 7th and took the lead on lap 1. Stayed there for 7 laps building a 3.4 second gap to Gibbon. I pitted in the lead and got held in the box for 8 seconds!!
Came out 10th and spun through frustration at turn 1. Sorry to iTz Gord, I clipped him as I corrected my car! Struggled for grip and retired after that....
ffs so really what your saying is: If I hadnt of balls'd up my in lap and then midget hadnt of jumped me in the pits and then I hadn't of fallen almost to the back of the field and then what happened to you had still happened, I would've won!?

[email protected]*%!!! :banghead:

but :rofl:

ITz GORD

Reigning AOR XB1 GP2 Champion
Nov 17, 2014

Race 1

Race 2
No worries mate :)

Reactions: mat231985

mat231985

GP2 Test Driver
Dec 7, 2014
Pretty much!! I don't know why it held me for so long. 2 cars passed so I got held but it kept me there for 8 seconds when the pitlane was clear! I was leading comfortably before I pitted too.

Reactions: f1 turtle

Itzxmoek

Formula Karter
Dec 11, 2014
R1.

Q9
didn't practice on this track at all.
so this were my first few laps.
R8
had a good start and was in 5th i believe.
slowly started dropping back and tried to overcut but failed to hard.
had a good battle with midget in the last few laps.
but the lack of top speed prevent me from overtaking with drs.

R2.
Q10-11
Yeah strange screen said i qualied in p10 but was p11 on the grid.
R4
had a good race once again a good start and i could keep up with the guys on options.
bar a few lock ups.
seems my race pace was way quicker then i should have been

Smifficle

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 19, 2015
Not bad start to the season for me, although it didn't start great after I disconnected in quali. I started in 11th on primes. I managed to get up the grid to 3rd after the first stop although I got up there by people making mistakes/colliding and not really making any big overtakes. I managed to avoid gord(thankfully) after his controller disconnected so I took second. Not bad for race 1 but maybe have done better if I'd have qualified.

Race 2.

I started in 3rd but first corner I got spun round of Bulky Bull's sidepod which put me last(hopefully Lest F1 gets his penalty removed because he couldn't avoid my spinning car) so I worked my way back up to around 3rd/4th before the first pit stop(I think) I put on the primes and my pace on them is really good as it was in the first race. I passed t3hmightymidg3t which after Ckriszeus pitted I was in 1st. I managed to pull a gap of about 3 seconds to win the second race.

Fully enjoyed both races and hopefully have another good one at Silverstone.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Results & standings updated (provisionally barring any penalties/removals) - can be viewed here.