Race Information:

Date: Sunday 26th April 2015
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Bahrain International Circuit

Event Format:
1. Qualifying session
2. Race 1 - 25% distance, grid order based on the qualifying session
3. Race 2 - 25% distance, grid order randomised by the game

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

Important Links:

League Rules
Race Calendar
Results & Standings

Race Graphic:

Informed Absence:

ACR Jay - can't guarantee to be present at the race due to personal circumstances
The Genius - can't guarantee to be present, feeling ill
Jallo Muntari - not at home

Last edited:

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
I'm not sure I can attend. Feeling quite ill.:depressed:

Jens Maul

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 13, 2015
My internet just stoped working at home last night. At the moment i am on my friends PC. Basically I am unable to attend the race. Hope I´ll get it fixed til tonigt. If so, I will infom you again.

Beyond

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
My internet just stoped working at home last night. At the moment i am on my friends PC. Basically I am unable to attend the race. Hope I´ll get it fixed til tonigt. If so, I will infom you again.
Okay dude, post here if anything changes, if not thanks for the notice.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Well if there are hosts from Season 9 then they will be favourites. Not sure if we have other hosts from Splits 1-3 in this league.

Sent from my Sony Xperia using Tapatalk.

Beyond

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
You have me, AJ no idea who hosted in split 4 so we can decide later, although I think @AJ has a better connection than me.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Guys I'm not going to race tonight, I just don't feel like it's appropriate. Hopefully I feel different next week, I actually like Bahrain :(

Sent from my Sony Xperia using Tapatalk.

• Informative
Reactions: Neil Bywater

Beyond

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Must say some epic duels going on in those races. Just managed to hold off @AJ for the 3rd position in race one and then dueling with @Hoff for a good 6 odd laps back and forth, awesome stuff and got 2nd in that race so all in all positive start :D.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
So yeah, that could have gone better for me. My pace was good enough to challenge at the front, but I made so many small mistakes while battling people which ended up costing me a lot.

First of all, qualifying was really close! I was pushing really hard on my final lap and was purple after 2 sectors, but ended up in 3rd, 0.065 behind @Partyfuchs' pole time and 0.004 behind @F1LS MoNsTeR|ak.

Then the messy first race started as I got hit twice in the first few laps before I turned into Maldonado myself by hitting AJ at turn 10 after he locked his tyres ahead of me, and then I decided to lock my tyres even more and ended up in his sidepod - waited for him of course, but sorry again for that @AJ. Couldn't recover from that and finished 5th.

And in the 2nd race I just kept getting small bumps and making tiny errors while being bunched up with the midfield pack on my prime tyres, so I lost a lot of time. Pitted on lap 6 to get myself an undercut on the options, which worked a treat as I ended up jumping @Innitialization in the pit lane, then @Hoff when he pitted two laps later, and then @Steelking and @Beyond the lap after that. That put me in 2nd place, and altough it might have been tricky to hold Beyond behind on my more worn tyres, I was feeling good at that point. Buuuuuuuuut then the kerb on the outside of turn 10 got bored and tried to throw me into the wall. Luckily I stayed out of the wall, but dropped down to 5th place (that kerb is so going to the stewards...). Managed to pass Hoff, but couldn't get close enough to Steel and Beyond to challenge them again, so had to settle for 4th.

So a bit disappointed with my race performances tonight as I think my pace had the potential for a 1st and a 2nd if it wasn't for the errors and incidents. At least I got fastest lap in both races, so that's something I guess!

Cya in Silverstone.

Jens Maul

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 13, 2015
Well i had my first 2 online league races ever and i am very happy. I was very excited so i made a bunch of mistakes. So I could be like a second faster, but that doesn't matter cause I had a lot of fun.

I started in both races on one of the last positions but always had a good start. I dropped twice on place 6, if i remember correctly, because there was a lot of trouble at the starts. I wanted to be clean and fair as possible and I was too excited, so I dropped plenty of positions and ended up both times on the 9th place. I feel like I was probably 75% of the races alone with a 5+ sec gap to the next cars in front and behind of me.

At the end of the races I compared the lap times of the quickest drivers on the field with these of mine, and I was like 2-4 sec slower. I guess am breaking too early and too weak. For that reason I know I should practice a lot more to be more competitive.

Can't wait for next week's races in Silverstone, one of my favorites tracks. See ya there!

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
Will it be any highlight videos of this? @FisiFan91

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Will it be any highlight videos of this? @FisiFan91
I'll throw mine up tomorrow. I lucked into pole for the random second grid and was 4/5 after turn 1, not used to that sharp end. Some good close battle footage in there

8th in race 1 after some good battling with @Hoff and then 5th after hanging in behind @Hoff and @Innitialization to the last and moving up from 8th on the last bend with @Hoff and @Innitialization having a little contretemps on that last bend #nevergiveup

Actually 5th in the second race, DOH, just watched the re-run of my POV:D

Last edited: