AOR Classic Christmas Cup

brawn banner.jpg

Race Information:
Date: Thursday 20th December 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Laps: 11
Car: Lotus 79

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
Lobby settings:

Qualifying: Short Qualifying
Distance: 25%
Cars: Same Car for everyone
Setups: Presets Only
Weather: Dynamic
Safety Car: Off
Parc Ferme: On
Damage: Full
Corner Cutting: Strict
Formation Lap: On
Race Starts: Manual
Time of Day: Official
AI Driver Level: 80

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Confirmed no-shows:
@Kryxeno

Last edited:
Reactions: Mali Baćo

HaiCo

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
W-w-w-w-welcome everybody (sorry, it's cold over here)!

It's time for the Christmas Cup. Let's make it a cold but enjoyable event.

First things first:
- I need you guys to add me to your Steam friendslist (you can find a link to my Steam account in my signature below my message(s))
- Assists are allowed in this tier. I personally would like to challenge the assist users to try out driving without assists, just for the sake of it.
- In case you will have to miss out on a race, please let me know asap and don't leave me out in the cold (word jokes are getting better and better HEHE)

I'll be hosting the sessions, located in the Netherlands with a decent connection this shouldn't cause any issues. I would like to ask @RebornDestroyer to function as reserve host, he is also hosting the lobbies in our league (AL1) which is howI know for sure his connection is good enough.

@Dobby
@Kryxeno
@Tiliad
@Katrer
@Mali Baćo
@Head Squid
@Tempyy
@Bronztard
@GRZEGORZ
@HaiCo
@RebornDestroyer
@vladimirjeger
@Cans
@DaddeRaga
@GnialSsor

Head Squid

GP2 Reserve Driver
Aug 24, 2017
I think I will use assists only on the cars that had them in real life. I.e TC on the F2004 ect. Looking forward to some fun

Reactions: Dobby

RebornDestroyer

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Sep 6, 2018
First things first:
- I need you guys to add me to your Steam friendslist (you can find a link to my Steam account in my signature below my message(s))
- Assists are allowed in this tier. I personally would like to challenge the assist users to try out driving without assists, just for the sake of it.
- In case you will have to miss out on a race, please let me know asap and don't leave me out in the cold (word jokes are getting better and better HEHE)

I'll be hosting the sessions, located in the Netherlands with a decent connection this shouldn't cause any issues. I would like to ask @RebornDestroyer to function as reserve host, he is also hosting the lobbies in our league (AL1) which is howI know for sure his connection is good enough.
Ok, I'll take on the role as reserve host HaiCo!

And welcome everybody!
So if everyone of this league would also like to accept my friend request on steam or add me (RebornDestroyer), that would be very handy, just in case anything happens, you never know with this game ;).

Dobby

F1 Coordinator & S14 AOR PC F8 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Sep 16, 2017
I think I will use assists only on the cars that had them in real life. I.e TC on the F2004 ect. Looking forward to some fun
That's a really good idea, I think ill do this aswell! :)

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
NA 4 Life!! :D

Question: On presets only, what can you still adjust? I assume diff and brakes are fair game? Only practiced TT and GP so couldn't set the restriction. TIA.

HaiCo

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
@Steve Jackson Muricaaa

Differential and brakes are fair game indeed since there's no way to control it!

Cans

Formula Karter
Oct 22, 2018
this is a fucking joke im not aloud race coz my game crashed and someone ready up when they shouldn't have. y cant they be a restart of lobby? and im after qualifying. So every single race ive been in involved in aor someone being stupid what a joke

RebornDestroyer

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Sep 6, 2018
this is a fucking joke im not aloud race coz my game crashed and someone ready up when they shouldn't have. y cant they be a restart of lobby? and im after qualifying. So every single race ive been in involved in aor someone being stupid what a joke
Only a restart when there are mass disconnections.

But weren't you able to still race, by taking over your AI car when spectating? Something very similar happened to me in my AOR race in Bahrain and I could still continue.

vladimirjeger

GP2 1st Driver
Mar 26, 2018
What a boring race...I don't get why we have to use BS preset setups... It's really pointless...it just caused a train of people with barely a few battles...

Congratz @HaiCo

vladimirjeger

GP2 1st Driver
Mar 26, 2018
Only a restart when there are mass disconnections.

But weren't you able to still race, by taking over your AI car when spectating? Something very similar happened to me in my AOR race in Bahrain and I could still continue.
He had to be on the grid for the start...and he wasnt...he crashed before the start, so his car wasnt on the grid...his game crashed at the end of FL