MartinG1337

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 17, 2018
Thread Title : Lap 32 incident Sebring @Rienk and @MartinG1337
League: AOR iRacing GTE S10
Date: 23-03-2020
Members involved : @Rienk
Lap & corner : Lap 32 , exit of Turn 1
Description : I was coming out of the pits , Rik definitely have seen that Im coming that way but he didnt left me any room at all so I got punted into the wall = meatball = race over for me

My pov :
Rik's pov :

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
At first I thought I just overlooked you and it was just not paying attention, but as you can see on my POV (which is my clip so it's with my camera settings) Martin was visible on my screen for a very short amount of time all the way on the right of the screen, kind of hiding behind my wiper at the start. This is right as I'm braking and turning for turn 1, so obviously my vision is completely focused on the left side of the screen looking at the apex of the corner. The more I look at it, the more I'm sure there is just absolutely no way I could've spotted him in my peripheral vision. Even on the small preview window it's difficult, let alone a 27" monitor.

Obviously I'm sorry about how his race ended, but I don't think I could've ever seen him in this situation. There was no CrewChief call either unfortunately, because he was busy blabbering on about that I needed to pit this lap.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
Based on the evidence provided, the stewards have decided to take no further action. It was difficult for Rik to notice Martin coming out of the pits and once he commits to his line it's difficult to leave space on the exit. Martin could have also taken more action to avoid a collision and should be more careful in the future when rejoining the racing line.

@Rienk @MartinG1337

Status
Not open for further replies.