Mar 30, 2018
Round 10 - British Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 16th December 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Silverstone Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

Tactician109

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 30, 2018
BBC (Britain Bumper Cars)

Qualifying Position: 6th
Finishing Position: 6th

Silverstone turned out to be a bumpy ride this time, in more ways than one. I knew it was going to be a struggle for the pad but I am pleased with the result and in the end, I'm glad it's over. Many battles were had where I was having small collisions with people all the time. Luckily, all the "ping pong" was mostly fair and no damage was done.

Qualifying was soaking wet, as per usual for Britain. I enjoyed the challenge but I hadn't done much practice in the wet so I wasn't exactly sure what to do setup-wise. Of course the race was going to be dry so I went with my dry setup and trusted my ability to drive in the wet. In the end, I only managed P6 which was quite disappointing because I had at least half a second in reserve. I simply couldn't put a lap together and the lack of wet practice was definitely showing.

Everyone got a free tyre choice and it was a head scratch to decide whether to start on Softs or Mediums. Eventually I decided in favor of the Mediums and hoped that I could somehow keep up with the guys in front and not lose too many positions.

Start was good and I managed to keep my nose clean while maintaining P6 at the same time. There was a slight incident with my Finnish compatriot @Kiiski123 on the first lap where I believe he spun on the rear of my car unfortunately but I feel it was racing incident.

After that, it was a matter of doing everything I could to keep up with the Soft runners. Pace was very nice in the first few laps and I was surprisingly able to stay in DRS range and even have a few looks in for a overtake after the Soft runners were beginning to struggle.

However, on lap 6, I made mistake at Copse and I was getting swarmed by the drivers behind me. I had to let @Thomas_Scibilia and my teammate through after I ran wide at Stowe. This sequence of events completely threw me off and I lost my rhythm.

On the next lap at Luffield, @RC Sam14 and I went side-by-side and when I slightly lost the rear of the car, my Red Bull unfortunately hit his Force India quite violently due to desync and his race was effectively over at tht point. Really bad luck there and I definitely had to apologize to him after the race.

I was truly feeling a Brexit happening on my race at that point. My racecraft was unusually terrible and my pace was falling off compared to the front runners. Luckily I managed to re-compose myself and I had @VP_DamnDqniel in front of me to keep me busy until the pit stops.

We had a few nice battles during the rest of the stint but I couldn't quite make a move stick so I had to try to undercut him. I lapped on lap 15 and put on the Softs in an effort to get in front of Daniel when he came into the pits. The plan worked and I was P8 by the time everyone had done their stops.

I had @Ashbest122 and @Vettel_Racer_5 in front of me having a hard battle. They were on Medium tyres so I was much faster than them and I knew I had to make the moves early because I had a time penalty which could effectively put me out of points if I had got stuck for too long. Sometimes I have been struggling with creative overtaking due to the pad's inherent lack of subtle control so I had to be confident.

Fortunately, I was easily able to overtake Ash on the Hangar straight and on the next lap, Vettel had to cover the inside line at Stowe which allowed me to make a move on the inside of the last corners. These moves did in fact turn out to be very important in terms of final race time and position.

The last 5 laps were thankfully quite uneventful until I saw @Casper24-F1 surging through the field behind me. He had no penalties while I had one time penalty which meant I needed to keep him out of the 3 second window. By the time the last lap started, I was 3.8 seconds ahead of him and I knew I had to do a qualifying lap to keep him behind. In the end, I was very lucky to manage just that by 0.011 seconds when my penalty was added to the final race time.

P6 was pretty much the best I could expect from a track that favours wheel users and where I'm personally not that strong on. Damage limitation was the name of the game and I can't be disappointed.

Congrats to the winners and especially @xTheHEaglex and his heroic AI car from last season for getting back-to-back victories on Silverstone ;)

Next up is a two-week Xmas break and I think it's a timely one for all of us. I'm aiming to have some sort of a thread up soon where you can write your mid-term reports and have a word on the first half of the season if you so desire.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Sean FAP Belkom

S16 AOR PS4 F2 Champion
Jul 4, 2018
BBC (Britain Bumper Cars)

Qualifying Position: 6th
Finishing Position: 6th

Silverstone turned out to be a bumpy ride this time, in more ways than one. I knew it was going to be a struggle for the pad but I am pleased with the result and in the end, I'm glad it's over. Many battles were had where I was having small collisions with people all the time. Luckily, all the "ping pong" was mostly fair and no damage was done.

Qualifying was soaking wet, as per usual for Britain. I enjoyed the challenge but I hadn't done much practice in the wet so I wasn't exactly sure what to do setup-wise. Of course the race was going to be dry so I went with my dry setup and trusted my ability to drive in the wet. In the end, I only managed P6 which was quite disappointing because I had at least half a second in reserve. I simply couldn't put a lap together and the lack of wet practice was definitely showing.

Everyone got a free tyre choice and it was a head scratch to decide whether to start on Softs or Mediums. Eventually I decided in favor of the Mediums and hoped that I could somehow keep up with the guys in front and not lose too many positions.

Start was good and I managed to keep my nose clean while maintaining P6 at the same time. There was a slight incident with my Finnish compatriot @Kiiski123 on the first lap where I believe he spun on the rear of my car unfortunately but I feel it was racing incident.

After that, it was a matter of doing everything I could to keep up with the Soft runners. Pace was very nice in the first few laps and I was surprisingly able to stay in DRS range and even have a few looks in for a overtake after the Soft runners were beginning to struggle.

However, on lap 6, I made mistake at Copse and I was getting swarmed by the drivers behind me. I had to let @Thomas_Scibilia and my teammate through after I ran wide at Stowe. This sequence of events completely threw me off and I lost my rhythm.

On the next lap at Luffield, @RC Sam14 and I went side-by-side and when I slightly lost the rear of the car, my Red Bull unfortunately hit his Force India quite violently due to desync and his race was effectively over at tht point. Really bad luck there and I definitely had to apologize to him after the race.

I was truly feeling a Brexit happening on my race at that point. My racecraft was unusually terrible and my pace was falling off compared to the front runners. Luckily I managed to re-compose myself and I had @VP_DamnDqniel in front of me to keep me busy until the pit stops.

We had a few nice battles during the rest of the stint but I couldn't quite make a move stick so I had to try to undercut him. I lapped on lap 15 and put on the Softs in an effort to get in front of Daniel when he came into the pits. The plan worked and I was P8 by the time everyone had done their stops.

I had @Ashbest122 and @Vettel_Racer_5 in front of me having a hard battle. They were on Medium tyres so I was much faster than them and I knew I had to make the moves early because I had a time penalty which could effectively put me out of points if I had got stuck for too long. Sometimes I have been struggling with creative overtaking due to the pad's inherent lack of subtle control so I had to be confident.

Fortunately, I was easily able to overtake Ash on the Hangar straight and on the next lap, Vettel had to cover the inside line at Stowe which allowed me to make a move on the inside of the last corners. These moves did in fact turn out to be very important in terms of final race time and position.

The last 5 laps were thankfully quite uneventful until I saw @Casper24-F1 surging through the field behind me. He had no penalties while I had one time penalty which meant I needed to keep him out of the 3 second window. By the time the last lap started, I was 3.8 seconds ahead of him and I knew I had to do a qualifying lap to keep him behind. In the end, I was very lucky to manage just that by 0.011 seconds when my penalty was added to the final race time.

P6 was pretty much the best I could expect from a track that favours wheel users and where I'm personally not that strong on. Damage limitation was the name of the game and I can't be disappointed.

Congrats to the winners and especially @xTheHEaglex and his heroic AI car from last season for getting back-to-back victories on Silverstone ;)

Next up is a two-week Xmas break and I think it's a timely one for all of us. I'm aiming to have some sort of a thread up soon where you can write your mid-term reports and have a word on the first half of the season if you so desire.

Happy Holidays everyone!
Can i be in the BBC

leefindlay04

Formula 3 Test Driver
Mar 26, 2018
Quali position: P7
There was a lot more time to find, but I went for a fully dry setup so I was struggling for grip, all in all, not too bad considering there were slower drivers in front of me who clearly went for more of a wet setup.

Race: P4

Had a very decent race, I started on the softs which I think was the right decision in the end, I got a great start, was up to 4th, and pace was not too bad, although towards the end of the stint my front left was overheating so I was struggling with understeer. Pace on the mediums was great tho, so I was able to pull away from the guys, and finished 5th on the road but 4th due to penalties

Harinioarg

PS4 F1 Assist Leagues Overseer
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 25, 2018
Happy New Year everyone! I can happily inform you that Overtake Of The Week is back for the PS4 platform for the remaining of the season. Each round's OOTW thread can be found, when created just after every race, in the AOR PS4 Leagues Sub-forum just bellow the tier forums. If you want to know more information about this click here.

Reactions: leefindlay04