Jan 14, 2014
Round 10 - British Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 16th December 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Silverstone Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

TheVerenzak

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
The last race of AOR of 2018!
I hope you will all be there and we will end the year with another good race :)

I know some of you might miss racing over the winter break, so we set up a small competition that will be run around Christmas - the AOR Classic Christmas Cup. Some of you recognize it from last year. In short; 5 races, 5 tracks, 5 classic cars. More information is available on the sign-up thread :)

Reactions: Mali Baćo

BlackPanthor

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 12, 2018
What can i say after this one…Huge thanks to @boxen for the amazing fight this race :) i was suprised that slipstream was so op on this track because we both couldnt get away from each other, while @xDerpOG stayed very close to us to.. it was like over and under between me and @boxen in the second stint and at the end he was just the better one who won the game :) shame i couldnt record this one.. but gg to all the rest ^^ and have great Holidays :)

Reactions: boxen

xDerpOG

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jun 17, 2016
Congrats to @boxen on the win and @Katrer on pole.

After I messed up qualy by only getting one clean lap in and corner cut on my other 2 attempts, the race went pretty well. I was doing my best to stay with the front 2 cars (@boxen and @BlackPanthor) during the second stint. It was so disappointing at the end as I was giving it everything I had today and was just trying to stay within 3 seconds in case they got penalties, as I knew I couldn't catch them but I didn't have any penalties. I was doing it until the last couple laps when I just fell outside 3 seconds and couldn't catch back up. We could have been standing on different steps but today it was not to be. I'm still happy with my result today but it could have been better if I was half a second quicker.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night. See you in January!

xDerpOG

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jun 17, 2016
What can i say after this one…Huge thanks to @boxen for the amazing fight this race :) i was suprised that slipstream was so op on this track because we both couldnt get away from each other, while @xDerpOG stayed very close to us to.. it was like over and under between me and @boxen in the second stint and at the end he was just the better one who won the game :) shame i couldnt record this one.. but gg to all the rest ^^ and have great Holidays :)
I guess I could say I had the best seat in the house to watch that fight. It was back and forth the whole time! I was giving it everything to try and join in but you guys were just too fast. Well done, both of you.

Reactions: boxen

BlackPanthor

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 12, 2018
I guess I could say I had the best seat in the house to watch that fight. It was back and forth the whole time! I was giving it everything to try and join in but you guys were just too fast. Well done, both of you.
Hope it was fun to see ;) gg to yu to... 1 second closer and win was yours

Reactions: xDerpOG

Mali Baćo

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 17, 2018
So, there was some stuff to do tonight and say goodbye to 2018. With Williams guys just 6 points ahead of us, I thought they would be good to beat to gain P8 in the constructors. Is there a better place other than their home race?

The boys of Williams
Are sitting six points ahead
Let's get the P-eight

Finally I had some more free time to practice and so I did. Clocking over 100 laps to get the good setup and a feeling for track was just fine. Over the course of few days, I had some company with @Sweatu, @E4SY, @boxen and @Levingston joining so it was good fun.

Qualifying was decent for me. I wanted to get into the top 10 and continue my string of good qualy results. My first run was interrupted in the first corner after I cut it slightly. I was somehow tense and distracted so I didn't do well out of the blue. My second run was much better as I managed to get a timed lap of 1:27.974 seconds. It was clean, but I lost my focus in Maggotts and Becketts and started oversteering. With a lot of drivers posting no time at all, I knew that there is more to come.

So I went to take a break in the pits and go out refreshed. Finally, after getting my concentration back in order and gain 4 tenths in the first sector, which was the overall best at the time. I was flying into the Copse and using every single milimetre of the track, so that was another two tenths. However, I lost them in Maggotts and Becketts after smashing a kerb into the fast right hander, which did upset the car. Overall, I improved for half a second and settled for P8 with time of 1:27.523 seconds.

I had a good getaway when the lights went out. However, @Billamy breaked into the first corner so I had to avoid him by switching sides. Not something you want to do on the start, so I apologize to people behind me. In sector 3, he was already battling with @DwergC and there was also another duel ahead of him. Divide et impera, one would say. I'm interested in this "impera" part here.

They both brake before me in the last chicane so I unintentionally dive on them. Dwerg then goes off track in the last corner so I get a free P7. Entering lap 2, I immediately notice Jackdaw is locking up and see a chance in turn 3. After holding on to him, I went on the incide, but braked too late and sent him away from the racing line. To show some gentlemen manners, I have returned the position after a few corners, but tried to not give up more than one place.

I have repassed Jackdaw inside the Stowe corner. He goes to the pits, and the duel of the race begins. Five-time winner @Sweatu is breathing on my neck. After draining almost the complete battery and getting below fuel target, it was an ultimate choice of pushing to get away and hope for the best, or keep him close but far enough and save some energy. I decide for the latter as we are set for an amazing battle.

In Lap 7, Sweatu gains on me and goes on the inside of Maggotts. Since there was no room for two, I decide to back off and set myself to regain it on the Hangar straight. Still, I was too far away to challenge, even when he clipped the grass on the exit of Chapel. With DRS zone on the start-finish straight, I thought I could gain on him over there and try to force a mistake into turn 3. Going through the last few corners, I get a much better line and manage to pass him on the inside before Turn 1. This time he backs off and lets me fly through the fast right hander. What a battle! I'm not quitting anytime soon!

With Dominy just a second ahead, I saw that we will battle in the pits. The tricky thing for me is that @djole74, my teammate, was not far away from Sweatu. If we box in the same lap, he will have a problem with me. So, I decided to shout on Discord (in our language) that I will be boxing at the end of lap 9, to make sure that we don't clash. I know it's not the right way to do it, and sorry to everyone.

Back on track, Dominy stops at the end of Lap 8, and Sweatu is staying on track, just like as I did. We are pushing hard to overcut the Force India, and we both go to the pits at the end of Lap 9. He did try to overtake me in Stowe, but I gave it up because i thought he would stay out for another lap. Mediums on, 16 laps to go. Where were we? Ah yes, battling with Sweatu.

So I go out on track and get throttle-happy, barely avoiding the barrier at the pit exit. Dominy is already past the start-finish line so let's see who had a better strategy. He is behind me a bit, but manages to go around the outside in Turn 3 and gets the inside of Turn 4. I tried to challenge on the Wellington straight, but my tyres were colder and I had no advantage. Had I executed that pit exit better, maybe Dominy would have been behind me.

We maintain the order through the next few laps, passing the drivers who are pitting and getting back in the points. The best way to defend is to attack, so I apply pressure on Dominy to try and get away from Sweatu. One of the drivers on older tyres ahead of us was @TheVerenzak. Dominy gets past him on Wellington, and starts getting away. I try to challenge and prevent Dominy from getting away, but I got stuck for a whole lap behind the Bananaman.

Sweatu pulls a masterclass move on the Hangar straight and gets flying past me. As he was alongside me, and Cas just in front, I had no other option but to hand over the position to the Sauber driver. Finally, on Lap 13 I manage to get ahead of the Renault, but Dominy has pulled quite a big gap. And then there was Sweatu, who couldn't keep himself away from pushing in the open air. Time to save some battery and fuel.

After his costly error on Lap 15, @Katrer was the one in front of him. We battled for a few laps before he pulled a nice gap on me. On Lap 18 I had a fight with Dwerg, although I pretty much solved it myself. I was too much focused on getting the right ERS and fuel settings for the straight that I went completely off the racing line in Becketts and Chapel. As an "inside job" in Stowe didn't leave me happy I tried to regain this position at the beginning of Lap 19. Trying to go outside in Turn 3, Dwerg shuts the door on me and I hit him from behind. Luckily, no damage for the both, although he prevailed in the battle and pulled a gap while I was trying to get back to the racing line.

I was mainly focusing on Sweatu, who was pulling a nice gap. After battling him for some time, I was gutted to see him get far away from me. I see a battle of two Force India drivers and I wanted to join them and try to use them to get ahead. A mistake on exit out of Chapel left Dominy vunerable, so I decided to max it out on the Hangar and get to P6. But then, my race went to hell, as I dived on the inside in Stowe. I was nowhere near a pass and yet I opted for this lousy move. As we make contact, it was me who spun. Luckily, Dominy went further on with no damage (I hope).

My pirouette in Stowe left me with no points and I had to settle for P12 in uneventful closing laps. It seems that sixth position is cursed for me. Last time out, my tyre blew when I was in P6. This time I was battling for it and triggered the bad luck.

My sincere apologies for this unacceptable driving go to, among others, @Billamy and @Dominy. I will definetely learn on my mistakes, get a good break and enjoy the time off before Hockenheim kicks in. I have signed up for the Christmas cup, so my driving continues next Sunday, this time in a car that has twice as cylinders as the one I'm driving now.

There won't be a highlights video from this race either. Instead, I will make a compilation of racing in 2018 and my road to AOR. It will also be a tribute to great people who I already met here, who made my racing go to another level and who I love chatting with every Sunday.

I'm writing haiku
To make reports appealing
Should I continue?

I wish you spend some great time during the holidays with your beloved ones. Charge your batteries, boys, and get ready to feel the Honda power with great fights in 2019!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Frihman

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 1, 2018
I had OK pace in quali, but during my final run I completely lost the back end in turn 1. Still, P12 is OK and it gave me a free choice of tyres.

The race was good, and I was on pace with everyone at the start despite me having medium tyres on, but the real fun started when I put on the soft tyres. I had good pace and had a couple of nice overtakes.

Highlights:

Sweatu

S16 AOR PC F10 Champion
Mar 26, 2018
Well guys, i got a power failure at home one hour before the race. I walked to a friend and drove the race there, because everything for AOR Kappa. Luckily he has the same wheel as me but it needed the whole quali to get a quite ok feeling, for example couldnt take T1 and copse with full throttle the whole race and quali.

The Race was really fun, got really nice through the field and had a nice battle with @Mali Baćo which u all can read above :p. I apologize to both Renaults @TheVerenzak and @Levingston for my lock ups.

My personal favourite overtake of mine was the one on @DwergC

Highlights:

TheVerenzak

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Another race to forget.

Pre-race; No practice until an hour before the race, didn't have a set-up and used one of the pre-sets. I also had a total of 7 hours of sleep in the two night before, and had an exam on monday morning. So kind of couldn't be bothered too much :p

Qualy: Not too bad actually, expected to be further behind the pack than I actually was. Still last of the people who set a time. P14.

Race: Had a pretty meh-start. Nothing special happened. Didn't get off the line as good as some others, but that may have been caused by the fact that I was on mediums. Was actually doing quite fine for the first 4 or so laps, was able to keep up with a few people on softs and it wasn't looking too bad for me. But then I spun it in T1, don't know what happened, just a big snap of sudden oversteer and round I went.

Tyres were on fire at this point, so lost grip and started losing time. Also just started to lose a bit of motivation and concentration. Had a fun little battle with @Katrer around L9 when he made his pitstop (sorry for pushing you a little bit wide in Stowe). And after that with a few others who also made their stops. I was surprised how much effort it took them to overtake me :p Hope I didn't ruin any of your races :)

Made my stop on L14, got a 5s penalty eventhough I had the limiter engaged and the window was green. A lap earlier than what I planned but tyres were dead because of the overheating & had nothing to lose anyway. Rejoined in last and started my race to catch up to @Diallo & @Levingston ahead of me. Managed to do so with a few laps left, got past Diallo when he made a small mistake on L25 (I think). Wasn't able to overtake the other bananacar, and finished just behind him. P15.

Levingston

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 15, 2017
Bad race for me. I was in a good position and had a good start from P12 but I got a full yellow front wing because of an unsafe rejoin from a McLaren. That actually ended my race on lap 1 turn 1 which was super frustrating as I had a good race pace with a decent setup.

From that point on I had to pit on lap 4 and had to last the mediums for 22 laps. I managed that but at the end of the race I had %90 worn mediums which had almost 0 grip. I am really frustrated with the bad luck I had for the last 7 races. We will come back stronger for sure but you never know. See you after the break and merry Christmas y'all!