PC - Round 10 - British Grand Prix [16/12/2018 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 10 - British Grand Prix [16/12/2018 8:00pm]

SnoxE

Pro Karter
Aug 3, 2018
Good result but not my best race in the season.
Quali: I know I could get the pole but the game removed my fastest lap so I got just the second place.
Race: before the pit stop wasnt any exciting thing but after that in the last 10 laps I had a very good battle with @TubSticks and @SnoxE . The mercedes came to me on the back 2 or 3 times but I could keep my car on the track.
Thanks for everyone the fair racing! Merry Cristmas and Happy New Year for everybody! I hope we will have more exciting race together. Thanks that I can participate in this league!
Great to hear that Hulki! I would have came out before you after my pit stop, but unfortunately I got held 1.5 sec and that cost me place before you. It was very entertaining battle indeed, I hope for more of these in the second half of the season ;). Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Reactions: HulkBobby

Kippetje

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 30, 2018
This was a very frustrating race for me. I didn't do a great qualifying but decided to not go for a 3rd run and go for the M->S strategy instead.

Start was very good but couldn't get past guy in front because there was no room, so had to brake again. This repeated the first few turns, mostly trying to not crash lost me basically 4-5 positions. It's something I really need to be less careful with as I pretty much ALWAYS get away much faster than the guys around me, but just not brave enough to go for it.

You can see what I mean in the video below of the start of there race, where I've added red blocks marking where I've been stuck and or (too) careful! Also note I witnessed several collisions so feel free to use if should you want to go to stewards.

First stint I was behind the two Ferrari's for most of it, I was sort-of ok with this because I had the harder tyre, but at the same time I felt like I was faster than them. Téodule was lagging for me, so I was (again) too afraid to go for it but it annoyed me a bit.

Q for all: Was he lagging for you guys as well? If so please try to fix that @teo113 !

As everyone pitted I finally opened all the ERS and punched in some great laps. After pitting very slowly (because someone destroyed the pit-sign, I couldn't judge braking point) I did out-pit some of the guys but could have been 1-2 more.

Then, as I was on the softer compound I was able to easily catch up with a train but found it VERY hard to actually overtake at all on this track. Not sure why that is, as I'm easily able to catch up to them (because softer compound & new tyres) but much slower for the rest. At some point I lost the position to Jordi because afraid to get squeezed by Acerees trying to overtake him. Shortly after I made a lunge to overtake Jordi in turn 2/3 that stuck (mind you this was about the first overtake I tried that actually sort-of worked) but then he was coming back at me after the straight. Sadly, I got squeezed out and pushed off the track at that point, losing multiple positions. Video of that:

Upon further consideration, it may have been a setup thing where I was much running with much more downforce than the others? Every straight ppl were pulling away :(

Julio Massa 5522

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 2, 2018
Yeah, I'd like to sum up my race and the season so far with this little clip:

I mean, today I was literally like Vettel, spinning all over the place, plus I made quite a few contacts (I'm still waiting for your inquiry @Ryderpx so I can move it over to the stewards quickly and get my deserved penalty for that. Once again, sorry for ruining your race in this unlucky way).

So yeah, quite like a mix of Vettel, Maldonado and a little bit of De Cesaris (at this rate his record of 14 retirements in one season is under a serious threat). Gosh, why can't I find some role model drivers, that don't spin constantly, don't get a lot of penalties, for causing collision and don't crash like a lot? I guess it's just the way it is.

I hope you'll have good Christmas break, your coordinator, the one and only Julio Vettel-Maldonado-De Cesaris-Massa wants to wish you already and I hope to see you in Germany in January and I hope that you'll get even quicker and I don't crash that much.
So cheers guys and good whatever time you want

NuunuMarkus

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jul 28, 2018
Yeah, I'd like to sum up my race and the season so far with this little clip:

I mean, today I was literally like Vettel, spinning all over the place, plus I made quite a few contacts (I'm still waiting for your inquiry @Ryderpx so I can move it over to the stewards quickly and get my deserved penalty for that. Once again, sorry for ruining your race in this unlucky way).

So yeah, quite like a mix of Vettel, Maldonado and a little bit of De Cesaris (at this rate his record of 14 retirements in one season is under a serious threat). Gosh, why can't I find some role model drivers, that don't spin constantly, don't get a lot of penalties, for causing collision and don't crash like a lot? I guess it's just the way it is.

I hope you'll have good Christmas break, your coordinator, the one and only Julio Vettel-Maldonado-De Cesaris-Massa wants to wish you already and I hope to see you in Germany in January and I hope that you'll get even quicker and I don't crash that much.
So cheers guys and good whatever time you want
Can’t see the difference...

Jordy van Oosten

F1 2nd Driver
Sep 12, 2016
This was a very frustrating race for me. I didn't do a great qualifying but decided to not go for a 3rd run and go for the M->S strategy instead.

Start was very good but couldn't get past guy in front because there was no room, so had to brake again. This repeated the first few turns, mostly trying to not crash lost me basically 4-5 positions. It's something I really need to be less careful with as I pretty much ALWAYS get away much faster than the guys around me, but just not brave enough to go for it.

You can see what I mean in the video below of the start of there race, where I've added red blocks marking where I've been stuck and or (too) careful! Also note I witnessed several collisions so feel free to use if should you want to go to stewards.

First stint I was behind the two Ferrari's for most of it, I was sort-of ok with this because I had the harder tyre, but at the same time I felt like I was faster than them. Téodule was lagging for me, so I was (again) too afraid to go for it but it annoyed me a bit.

Q for all: Was he lagging for you guys as well? If so please try to fix that @teo113 !

As everyone pitted I finally opened all the ERS and punched in some great laps. After pitting very slowly (because someone destroyed the pit-sign, I couldn't judge braking point) I did out-pit some of the guys but could have been 1-2 more.

Then, as I was on the softer compound I was able to easily catch up with a train but found it VERY hard to actually overtake at all on this track. Not sure why that is, as I'm easily able to catch up to them (because softer compound & new tyres) but much slower for the rest. At some point I lost the position to Jordi because afraid to get squeezed by Acerees trying to overtake him. Shortly after I made a lunge to overtake Jordi in turn 2/3 that stuck (mind you this was about the first overtake I tried that actually sort-of worked) but then he was coming back at me after the straight. Sadly, I got squeezed out and pushed off the track at that point, losing multiple positions. Video of that:

Upon further consideration, it may have been a setup thing where I was much running with much more downforce than the others? Every straight ppl were pulling away :(
sorry for that squeeze mate, i was running with a very low downforce. how much wing did you run? i was on 1-3 / with 4-4 ride height

MisterJasper

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jun 17, 2018
Here is my POV from the race, once again you can skip trough it. But my stint on the mediums was very boring. I kept up with Nuunu but couldnt get in his drs.

My quallifying lap was the fastest I’ve ever been. So that was surprising. You can also check out my 10/10 pit exit were I lose my front wing.

Reactions: HulkBobby

Silleellie

Pro Karter
Oct 10, 2018
well i knew this wasnt going to be my best performance, but i still managed to have some good battles, unfortunatly damaging my wing once (right before pitstop, so no big problem) and spinning twice. only just about missed out on points.

merry christmas and happy new year everyone, i hope we can do some races in these 3 weeks
Yeah man sorry when I turned into your back right before the pitstop, I don't know what I was thinking. I just broke too late

Anyways merry Christmas and happy new year to y'all!

MisterJasper

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jun 17, 2018
It’s right here... not as click baity as normal!!! But it’s here.... and I’m messing with your name more than normal.

I wondered how you got behind me so fast, p10 in the first lap alone. Great job m8!
And also... we have to be aware. F1 ASSIST league is almost overtaking our N.1 spot in comments!!!
Step it up boys :D

Last edited:

Julio Massa 5522

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 2, 2018
Ok guys, I'm going to give my best to step it up now. @Ryderpx when are you going to write your report about our crash? I don't have footage of it, so I need you to help me

TubSticks

Pro Karter
Nov 9, 2018
I had 3-8 wings with 4-5 height. It's funny to see those differences. I really put some effort into setting up my car last week. I think it really paid off.

Reactions: Kippetje