PS4 - Round 10 - British Grand Prix - 16th December 2018 [8:00pm (UK time)] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 10 - British Grand Prix - 16th December 2018 [8:00pm (UK time)]

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Round 10 - British Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 16th December 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Silverstone Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@xGATECRASHERx (Pending)
@Jason007 (Spectating)

Last edited:

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Final race before the long winter break!

Silverstone... Don't like it, don't hate it either. Mixed bag of results for me over the past couple of years, so I have no idea how I'll do.

louielouie50

Formula Karter
Sep 13, 2018
Big thing here is avoiding having to use the Hard tyre, like driving on ice as they take so long to heat up.

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
very quiet in here? There should be some good racing on this track? Possible rain?
I'm hoping to qualify in the top 5. My pb in online quali is 1.27.2 and best full race time of 40m 22 sec. (with only 3 people racing)

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
I will not be racing tonight, but I will be spectating so I can some footage and the race results.
Long story short, a few days ago I had a minor (lame at that) surgery at my lower back and got a few stitches. The problem is sitting in the racing chair and during hard braking I feel the stitches being pulled pretty hard. I really don't feel like having them ripped out sooooo I'll sit the race out this week. I can spectate however and just stand in front of my TV.:D

Da Eagle

Formula Karter
Jan 6, 2015
Hey Jason,

I've got this qualifying ban for tonights race, but how does this work? I mean... do I just go into qually and don't go out on track, or do I have to go in spectator mode? Not sure what to do here.

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Hey Jason,

I've got this qualifying ban for tonights race, but how does this work? I mean... do I just go into qually and don't go out on track, or do I have to go in spectator mode? Not sure what to do here.
You join the lobby just as normal, but cannot go out on track during qualy; just need to sit in the garage. I recommend loading your race setup in qualy though. Sometimes the game bugs out and won't let you choose a setup on the grid.

Da Eagle

Formula Karter
Jan 6, 2015
You join the lobby just as normal, but cannot go out on track during qualy; just need to sit in the garage. I recommend loading your race setup in qualy though. Sometimes the game bugs out and won't let you choose a setup on the grid.
Ahh...ok, thx m8.

Reactions: Limaro_83

F1Scotgolf

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Q.P13 could quite get it together in qually first banker lap was a 1.29.1 second run invalidated lap and same in the 3rd run so retired early

R 3rd elected to pick the mediums and stay out till the rain came and my gamble paid off was running great early on and picked up a few places then i spun out round turn 1 and lost a few positions, managed to get them back few early pits who didnt elect to go soft soft which i found strange but hey when rain came spits of rain came i was laughing p4 and p3 didnt pit got 8 seconds lead to p4 who caught me quick as i was struggling but managed to keep it together for second podium of the season

F1Scotgolf

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

Just incase any drivers are going to stewards im sure i caught some incidents on my stream

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Quali P4. Not my best lap, but no way was I getting pole. What a lap @Hunter17

Race P4. Not often I’m happy there’s rain but definitely helped me here. My race pace was very slow and although I got to 3rd at the start @JimiRäikkönen passed after a few laps and then @chris130256 got past me after first pit stop. Managed to pick up a stop go entry to pits for good measure! Rain came and I was pleasantly surprised when Chris opted to stay out another lap. Served 5 sec penalty changed on to inters and set about reducing 8 sec gap to @F1Scotgolf who’d pulled a master stroke staying out on mediums. Caught him with a couple laps to go but rear was becoming unstable and not wanting to do anything silly I settled for P4.

Congrats to @JimiRäikkönen on the win and @Nick-1054 @F1Scotgolf for rest of podium.

Last edited:

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Q: DNS - Spectating
R: DNS - Spectating

Pre-Race Interview - Completely gutted that I couldn't participate at Silverstone. Not my best circuit but I hate missing a race. This surgery on my back ruined it. Tried a few practice laps but the pressure on my sutures worried me some. Silverstone doesn't exactly have hard braking zones but I figured it wasn't worth the risk of ripping the sutures out and ending up in a world of hurt (Ie. the emergency room). Completely gutted. I don't like backing out of races. Guess spectating is the only way. Onto the race. :(

Race - Feel free to check out my highlights. Tried to catch as many close battle as possible. Loved that the rain appeared and threw a wrench into the mix!

Post-Race Interview - Still gutted I couldn't race. So hard to sit on the couch rather than in the racing seat with the wheel and pedals. Uggh. Congrats to

@JimiRäikkönen on the win!
Congrats to @Nick-1054 and @F1Scotgolf to round out the podium!

Enjoy the winter break all! Be ready to come back strong and finish out the 2nd half of the season!

Last edited:

louielouie50

Formula Karter
Sep 13, 2018
Quali: P8 - Very frustrated as my last two runs I track extended when a couple of tenths up, but 8th still decent for a banker on my first run.

Race: P7 - Tried my best to stay out of trouble at the start, was happy with my pace but binned it on my own around lap 5 by accidentally selecting neutral at turn 3. Pitted early to try and regain some positions, knowing the rain was coming early, took a couple of laps to get used to the wet and was lucky to keep Waddles back, then was able to run at a decent pace until the end keeping him a couple of seconds back or so. Happy with the result and to get some points again before the break.

Reactions: Carbon

Salvo Failla

Formula Karter
Aug 9, 2018
Q P12

R P13

Third consecutive P13. The winter break arrives at the end of a bad period of 3 races. I hope in a better result with the new year.
I’m sorry but for a my error yesterday i didn’t save the video of the race.

I wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year to all.

Reactions: Jason007