Dec 9, 2016
Round 10 - British Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 17th December 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Silverstone Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Track guide

Confirmed no-shows:
- @TheIgorMC
- @SlySwift
- @Steffe
- @Thezz

Last edited:

return

Formula 3 1st Driver
Nov 14, 2017
What a disaster, car in quali fine, just had a spin last corner on -0,700 lap.
Than the race again and my car feels horrible, sliding everywhere again :mad:

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
This time, I wasn't having the damn oversteer issue !

Qualy 4th :

Gotta be one of my bestest qualy result ever. I felt so good driving that lap and car around.

Race 9th :

Shitload of fucking penalties, I hate T1. And the Lap 1 incident. Not your fault @Amstar27 , but you're the one I got tangled with. Dropped from 4th to 13th. After that, I was so angry at myself, I made way too many mistakes

yobbo

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jul 22, 2017
Qualy: 7th
First lap I had was quite good but spun on the last corner, went around again and had a shocker, third lap I could put together was ok but not as fast as I would have liked.

Race: 8th
A McLaren spun infront of me in turn 1 costing me my front wing. In both turn corners 9 and 10 due to my front wing I was slow and had someone push up in the inside shoving me off the track; cant say I was happy as both corners are not overtaking corners and to do something so risky on the first lap isnt fun to experience. After coming in to the pits my tyres were replaced but my wing wasnt causing me to have to go around another lap and do another stop. Finally I got a 5-second stop-go for blue flags on someone who wasn't anywhere near me. I had quite good pace and could keep up with the leaders lapping me when I come out of the pits. Better luck next time I suppose!

Sabba7h

GP2 Test Driver
Aug 26, 2017
Was the oversteer glitch hotfixed or did everyone just nail their setup today? :happy: Anyways, quiet race for me.

Qualifying: 9th
Really got unlucky today. Was on a roll with practice and hotlaps and everything - and on my way out to go qualify, I realized I forgot to turn my fuel setting down. Decided to go out for a second run midway through my first lap, screwed up Maggots & Beckets, and lost it in the last chicane. Pulled it over the finish line right as I crashed into the inside wall. I feel as though if it hadn't been for that mistake I made I would have had a massive shot at pole position.

Race: 3rd
Hey, another podium! I'm not sure what went down lap one, but it was another one of those crashes that propelled me four positions up, similar to the last race. If I'm not mistaken, all four drivers involved survived the incident, please correct me if I'm wrong.

And other than a Lap 3 overtake on AmStar into turn 3, it was a relatively calm drive afterwards. Somehow I had lost two seconds by the end of my out lap from my pitstop to Dobby and Fersiphion, so at that point I just focused on managing the gap to AmStar (who eventually pitted and handed P4 to Saketh) and not crashing. Was overall a pretty good race on my end.

Hope to see everyone in three weeks at Hungary, the race on my 18th birthday!

Reactions: Dobby and Hinyaldee

Fersiphion

Formula 3 1st Driver
Apr 14, 2017
Qually:
Had a decent quallly which in the end was enough for pole my 3rd in a row now :)

Race: Had a decent start but @Dobby s start was a bit better, knew I had to remain the lead so went side by side through turn 1. From there on I was just driving my laps until at lap 7 or something I started making some mistakes which led to Dobby closing in on me. Dobby pitted lap 9 and I had a bad outlap so Dobby's undercut had worked out, I also got a stop and go from the Pit entry which eventually cost me the win. At this point I couldnt get in a very good rythm so Dobby was running away with it until Dobby started losing his pace. Closed in on him on the Hanger Straight and he didnt have a very good run out of Stowe so I went for it into the following corner and got the move done altough I went into 3rd gear a bit to early so I lost the back a bit but everything was alright. From there on I was just driving until the end and Dobby didnt try to overtake me because he knew I had penalties :)

Pretty happy with p2, got some points on @Breakdown which is always nice :)
This was also the first ever race I recorded so I will try to make a vid and upload it soon, when it is uploaded I will post a link here :)

• Winner
Reactions: Hinyaldee

return

Formula 3 1st Driver
Nov 14, 2017
What setups did you guys use, im wondering since i was having so much trouble in race with the car

yobbo

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jul 22, 2017

I used this but harder front tyre pressure and softer rear; 52% brake bias; 8 ballast.

Sabba7h

GP2 Test Driver
Aug 26, 2017
I used RG Matiiz's setup with a few deviancies:

Aero: 2-5
Transmission: 55 on/75 off
Suspension:
  • Suspension: Front 6/Rear 5
  • Anti-Roll Bar: Front 8 (If I remember correctly)/Rear 3
  • Ride Height 3 Front and Back
Ballast 9
Fuel load for the race: +1.8

return

Formula 3 1st Driver
Nov 14, 2017
I just tried 1-9 10 ballast and felt good, i just had a bad setup i assume :( learning from mistakes aint that bad

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
What setups did you guys use, im wondering since i was having so much trouble in race with the car
Used default increased top speed, but tweaked :
Wings : 2/3
Differential : 65/65
Brakes : 70/60
Ballast : 6

Qually:
Had a decent quallly which in the end was enough for pole my 3rd in a row now :)

Race: Had a decent start but @Dobby s start was a bit better, knew I had to remain the lead so went side by side through turn 1. From there on I was just driving my laps until at lap 7 or something I started making some mistakes which led to Dobby closing in on me. Dobby pitted lap 9 and I had a bad outlap so Dobby's undercut had worked out, I also got a stop and go from the Pit entry which eventually cost me the win. At this point I couldnt get in a very good rythm so Dobby was running away with it until Dobby started losing his pace. Closed in on him on the Hanger Straight and he didnt have a very good run out of Stowe so I went for it into the following corner and got the move done altough I went into 3rd gear a bit to early so I lost the back a bit but everything was alright. From there on I was just driving until the end and Dobby didnt try to overtake me because he knew I had penalties :)

Pretty happy with p2, got some points on @Breakdown which is always nice :)
This was also the first ever race I recorded so I will try to make a vid and upload it soon, when it is uploaded I will post a link here :)
You actually won you midget. @Dobby had penalties. At least on my results you were the one in first position

Last edited:

Fersiphion

Formula 3 1st Driver
Apr 14, 2017
Used default increased top speed, but tweaked :
Wings : 2/3
Differential : 65/65
Brakes : 70/60
Ballast : 6

You actually won you midget. @Dobby had penalties. At least on my results you were the one in first position
Pff I dont know anymore lol everyone's screen is different

Dobby

Reigning S14 AOR PC F8 Champion
Sep 16, 2017
Qualy 2nd: Nothing special happened really, other then the fact I think I could've had pole if I didn't screw up my second run.

Race 1st: Like @Fersiphion said I got a better start and we were side by side in T1, after that I just had to stay close to him for DRS and runaway from the pack. I pitted in lap 9 trying to do an undercut which worked out great. After that I was in a great rythm. I was gaining 0.100 roughly every round on Fersi. But after my tyres hit around 45% it felt like I was racing on ice, haha. I saw Fersi closing and thought I'm not gonna battle him since he has penalties. I was just trying to stay close to him and hope the penaltys would put me in P1. Which happened fortunately. So it was a great race for me! 3rd time GP winner, feels good :)

Video:

• Winner
Reactions: Hinyaldee and yobbo

Skinner

Formula 3 Test Driver
Sep 5, 2017
Man I just wish I was able to get into the race :( installed and ready to go...boom brakes stuck on and treating the pedals as a combined throttle

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
Because he didn't take his stop and go, the game doesn't register it properly sometimes.
So, in the end, I must add 5secs of penalty to Fersi in the results and you won, right ?