Jan 30, 2015
Round 10 - British Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 17th December 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Silverstone Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@JIM-NervoTank
@BigshotP1ayerGR

Last edited by a moderator:

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Not sure if I'll be back in time for the race. Out of town on Saturday and not sure when I'm coming back home on the weekend

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
Mercedes has sacked me, so I don't have to do the rest of the season.

On a serious note. For every race I'm doing I'm getting worse and worse. It's like I have a demon in my head messing around with me. I had really good pace in practice but when it actually mattered I couldn't drive anymore. My laps in qualifying were all worse than all the laps that I did in practice, and in the race I was just sliding around having no idea how to handle the car. I've been struggling mentally since the start of season 13 and it's just getting worse and worse.

wooly51

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 26, 2014
Quali - Bottled it. 2 tenths gained in S1 and 3 in S3. But middle sector was like I had no wing.

Race - Got a really good start and made my way up to the fringes of the top 10, pitted a lap later than everyone on SS so avoid being held in the pits and it put me just in front of Jake and then I drove really poorly. I couldn't find a line through the maggots and becketts complex and was losing so much, but I was really good in S3 in the race. I thought I'd let Jake go but I stayed with him and had a really good car but couldn't drive it, partly due to me and partly due to dirty air.

I must say on a side note. Jake, you were running off track EVERY lap at Stowe, like, miles off and pulling about 3 tenths away. Even when I passed you there on Lap 25, you drove into the side of me (expecting to go off) am I missing something, was your car in a different place graphically for me or were you just going off track? If so, I'm amazed you only got 3 seconds added by the game.

Once I got past my car was terrific, infact it was great from lap 20 onwards. Just my driving from lap 12 to 20 was apalling.

If I can not bottle quali, and learn how to brake, I would be actually in a good place!

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
i was ****, normal me would have got a top5 at least out of this one

since the 1-9 wings and 11 ballast setups i feel like a shadow of my own, especially in the race

i will do some practice for hungary and hope to repeat a monaco esque result

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Well finally a decent race, even though the penalty cost me 3 positions in the end. Finally some points though

Aressi191

S13 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Premium Member
Aug 7, 2016
Qualifying 2nd

Had worst lag of the season so far no idea why I've literally tried everything to fix this. Happy to do 26.8 but felt like could do better without lag.

Race 4th

Decent result, no pace to challenge leaders but had good battle for third with @Ali Kidd. Congrats
@XxCarrexX06 for win, to Ali and Simo for podiums.

• Agree
Reactions: Shellay

CianG-4

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 23, 2014
Lack of practice for me this week due to exams. I didn't have pace or confidence in the car. Considering all this I think I did very well in managing the pressure from behind to keep 10th and get a point for my efforts.

Ollie_D631

S14 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Apr 1, 2016
Quali: P4 with a great time of 1:26.9. Was pretty happy with that.
Race: My lights went out a little bit after everyone elses so i lost a position at the start to @Ali Kidd . I was in the mix in the first stint, managing to stick with the ferraris. Pitted on lap 8 and got held in the pits for about 3 seconds which meant i lost time to the drivers in front. From there on, i was on my own in a lonely p5. In the second stint, i didnt have the same pace as the drivers in front but i was quicker than the drivers behind. Finished in P5 which is a decent result again. Would of hoped for a bit more at my best track but there was positive signs shown from both quali and the race.

Bit concerned about my G29 wheel in the way that it is much heavier when turning left than what it is when turning right :cry:. Will have to look into sorting that issue. Hoping to get a new monitor before Hungary which will be a massive upgrade on my current one.