XB1 - Round 10 - British Grand Prix [17/12/17 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 10 - British Grand Prix [17/12/17 8:00pm]

ChrisCross44

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 9, 2017
So on one of my least favourite tracks I could have had pole but my lap was invalidated (my fault ) then starting p5 I crashed into @ValiFusilli as he decided to spin his wheels up and go on the grass.
Had to pit to change my wing (game decided that a red wing didn’t have to be changed automatically)
So 2 pit stops after 2 laps later I had the most boring race I’ve ever had.

Looking forward to Budapest Lol!!

• Faff
Reactions: Hayden_430

Meks Unseen

Reigning S14 AOR XB1 F7 Champion
May 15, 2017
WOOOO!! Feels good to be back on top and get another win, pretty quiet race on my end just managing the gap to frobo but other than that nothing too exciting but I’ll take it

BigBadPopperDom

F1 Reserve Driver
Sep 6, 2017
Qualifying was a nightmare! Messed up so many corners had to back out and let others past.

Race started at the back.

Watched two cars go off on the first corner and made my way up to 11th.

Third or fourth corners 2 more cars came together and I was P8.

A lap on and I think another incident put me into around P7.

I then had space and just drove at my own little pace. @ValiFusilli came up behind much faster so I just pulled over. Not much point fighting it.

Lap 11 I was P7 and someone came up fast behind. I let them through only for them to go off on the next corner and come back onto the track and drive straight into me busting my wing.

Luckily it was next to the lot entrance so I came in changed to the mediums and drove the rest of the way on my own.

So that was another clean race for me and P8.

I thought P6 or P7 might have been available had the incident on lap 11 not happened.

Never mind

Cheers guys

Meks Unseen

Reigning S14 AOR XB1 F7 Champion
May 15, 2017
Qualifying was a nightmare! Messed up so many corners had to back out and let others past.

Race started at the back.

Watched two cars go off on the first corner and made my way up to 11th.

Third or fourth corners 2 more cars came together and I was P8.

A lap on and I think another incident put me into around P7.

I then had space and just drove at my own little pace. @ValiFusilli came up behind much faster so I just pulled over. Not much point fighting it.

Lap 11 I was P7 and someone came up fast behind. I let them through only for them to go off on the next corner and come back onto the track and drive straight into me busting my wing.

Luckily it was next to the lot entrance so I came in changed to the mediums and drove the rest of the way on my own.

So that was another clean race for me and P8.

I thought P6 or P7 might have been available had the incident on lap 11 not happened.

Never mind

Cheers guys
You know, I like you Dom, rarely ever a bad word to stay and not complaining if you’re at the back just happy to race it seems and you’re respectful to me and the other leaders when getting lapped, I like that and I respect that, I hope you do get a few more points throughout the season good luck man keep it up, you’ll get quicker over time

Jack Badman

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 19, 2017
Great race today 7th to 3rd. Ill take it. Performance is definitely on the up and its great to get my 3rd podium of the year.

I second @Meks Unseen comment about @BigBadPopperDom . Every race you kindly move out of the way with blue flags and I always think you race nice and fair. Glad to see you got more points today :)

Defo needs to be a 'thank you' wave gesture from the cockpit ahah

Long wait til Hungary now. Time to get my sweat on

Joseph Baigent

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 23, 2017
That was a pretty uneventful race. went from 6th to 2nd in the opening two laps and pretty much stayed there. Time penalties almost cost me 2nd but I managed to bring it home

ValiFusilli

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Sep 5, 2017
Well this went from 100 to 0 real quick for me. First up quali; bottled my first run, bottled my second run, finally completed my third run on the same tyres and to my surprise got the pole. Went back in for new tyres but my crew decided to go for some tea first (damn english), so didn't have enough time to even complete another outlap. Still P1 to my surprise so till here it was all good.

At the start had like the most enormous launch I could ever have. Than somehow while in 4th or 5th gear my back-end decided to dance the cucaracha and got hit up the ass as a result of that. Coming into I think turn 7 or something got a little nudge at the rear again, and through this I hit @MurphysLawl . Feeling guilty (not knowing what happened at the moment yet) I waited for him to let him rejoin in front of me.

Feeling great on the tires set personal best after personal best, even after the pittstops (where to add salt to injury I got a 5sec stop go :( aaaargh)
Surprisingly also saw everyone in front of me crashing out, so at the end I ended up with a pittyful P4.
If it was not for lap1 I really felt I could have won the race, or at least challenge for it.

Anyhow up to the much needed break for now, and I'll see all of you in the new year

• Faff
Reactions: ChrisCross44

BigBadPopperDom

F1 Reserve Driver
Sep 6, 2017
Cheers guys. I'm always at least 4 seconds off the pace even on my best runs.

Thinking of taking the auto gears off to see if that makes a difference. Thing is, I know part of it is corner entry which the gears makes no difference till I nail that part.

Ironic as I was a fast response driver for the Met Police for 10 years lol!

So come on own up! Who kissed me on lap 11 next to the pit entrance! Lol

Jaakko pikkarainen

Pro Karter
Nov 28, 2017
For me this was quite boring race. After first corner i try to avoid crash to car front of me and go out of track and broke my wing so had a long way to pit and got behind a lot from other drivers and just drivin alone bretty much whole race though some guys lapped me. Its a pitty becose i could have a good racing with bigbadpopperdom and i think i could fight p8 with him becose we did have very similar pace in race.. anyway thanks for the race and maybe next time get more interesting race someone with my pace ☺

Reactions: BigBadPopperDom