PS4 - Round 10 - British Grand Prix [17/12/2017 8:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 10 - British Grand Prix [17/12/2017 8:00PM]

MattDavies2511

PS4 S14 F4 and PCars S9 GT3 Semi-Pro Champion
Jan 15, 2017
Q: 5th

Set an initial lap of a 1:27.9, which was close to the initial time set by @InFinityzzHD, and was on to improve by roughly 2 tenths, but caught up quickly to @ii_Deccaaaaa_ii and ended up damaging my wing off him coming into maggots and becketts (no idea if you were on a lap or not, if you were then sorry, if you weren't then I'll be fuming :p)
Got this and next lap invalidated into turn 3 on my out lap of my 2nd run, meaning I had to coast around the track for another lap, was up by a tenth before messing up my entry into the final part of becketts and chapel, meaning the entire lap went in the bin and I qualified a disappointing 5th.

R: 6th

Got off the line okay, almost hit the back of @advanceapple into turn 1 but thankfully managed to lift and avoid him, then kinda just stayed in 5th, defended from @SolidNinjaSnake a couple of times and then maintained my position for the rest of the first stint.

Decided to pit on Lap 8 for a set of mediums, as I felt a little uneasy with my tyres as I always do, but even so with people pitting on the same lap for softs I assumed they'd all have to pit again. How very wrong I was... @SolidNinjaSnake got past me into Stowe before I felt a tap from @Caarlsberi into T3 which caused me to spin, losing me a position to @Roadhouse as well, knocking me from net P5 to P6. I then was on my own most of the race due to nobody infront of me making that second stop (18 laps on the Softs is a good effort, didn't even think that was possible!)

GG on the win again @MattDavies2511 and to the other podium sitters of @InFinityzzHD and @Caarlsberi

On to Hungary I guess, probably my weakest track on this game, have absolutely no pace around there, so I am not expecting much

I'll hand you the win for that cracking burp at the start... 10/10 sir good effort ;) :lol:

Reactions: JohnnyR95

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
@DON SILVA This is how I ruined a good race. I had pretty good pace and very good tyre wear. Was planning to swap my SS for S at lap 12. But when I crashed the game changed my stragety to M. Look in the video.

Wow. The same thing happened to me at Monaco. This game is weird

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
The only interesting part of my race

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
I did kinda write my race report back at the time, but with Christmas and the New Year, I never got around to finishing it properly or posting it. I've even had the tab for this thread open since then! Haha, so it's long overdue this one which is probably now pointless haha but ah well, here it is anyway!

Qualifying
Just couldn't do Maggots and Becketts at all ever since setting my best lap in Time Trial earlier in the week. Messed up my last two laps resulting in qualifying 8th. Think I'd have only managed 5th if I had been able to put a lap together.

Race
Really good start getting alongside @Roadhouse who started literally in front of me in P6, but for T1 I went to turn in and had full lock on but the car just wouldn't turn for some reason! I even lifted off! So I ended up running wide and forcing Roadhouse out wide too. Really sorry about that!

Almost got @JohnnyR95 at Luffield but couldn't get the pass done. Then at Copse I watched nearly everyone go wide while I obeyed track limits haha. =P
No idea if @KaneIyanda went wide behind me but he had a good run on me and I only just managed to hold on to P6 after going side by side through Maggots.
Caught up to Johnny again starting Lap 2 and went for the move at Village as I wanted to get quickly passed him due to him slightly lagging backwards and forwards. I couldn't get the move done and actually hit him at The Loop but thankfully no damage. I found it pretty hard to pass him as if it wasn't being wary of the lag, it was the dirty air affecting my car.

During this time @Roadhouse gained on me and was proving to be much faster than me, when Lap 6 the lag kicked into high gear and he teleported in front and behind me at Stowe so I had no idea if I should leave space when entering Club Corner. I did and managed to keep the position but man, being stuck between two lagging cars is not fun haha. Due to doing that extra lap on these tyres in qualifying, I went to pit on Lap 8 and went for the undercut. However @JohnnyR95 pitted as well... but to my surprise, he came out on Mediums! I also saw others were on them as well so I knew this was my chance if I were to gain any positions.

I was able to have the fastest lap of the race twice for a while and caught up to @JohnnyR95 on Lap 12 and made the pass down the Hangar Straight. I then caught up to @organyx two laps later who I assumed started on the Softs and passed him down at Village Corner while @Caarlsberi was still right up behind me. Lap 16 I went to defend from Caarlsberi but he still went down the inside of me and passed me at Stowe! Some nice battling! Just mere moments later we see @advanceapple losing the rear and sliding off the track at Club Corner, giving me another position and putting me in P5. After this, I tried to stick with Caarlsberi but he was much quicker than me, and @Roadhouse soon appeared again proving he was quicker and closed me down at the end of the race, where I barely held on and finished only two tenths ahead! My tyres finished on 79% and my fuel was empty literally just after crossing the line haha. So I managed to finish in P4!

Very happy with the result! Couldn't get the 3rd place with @Caarlsberi being quicker than me, but happy to come away with 4th as this race was pretty terrible haha. Congrats to @MattDavies2511, @InFinityzzHD and @Caarlsberi for their podium places. =)

Reactions: InFinityzzHD

MattDavies2511

Jan 15, 2017
I did kinda write my race report back at the time, but with Christmas and the New Year, I never got around to finishing it properly or posting it. I've even had the tab for this thread open since then! Haha, so it's long overdue this one which is probably now pointless haha but ah well, here it is anyway!

Qualifying
Just couldn't do Maggots and Becketts at all ever since setting my best lap in Time Trial earlier in the week. Messed up my last two laps resulting in qualifying 8th. Think I'd have only managed 5th if I had been able to put a lap together.

Race
Really good start getting alongside @Roadhouse who started literally in front of me in P6, but for T1 I went to turn in and had full lock on but the car just wouldn't turn for some reason! I even lifted off! So I ended up running wide and forcing Roadhouse out wide too. Really sorry about that!

Almost got @JohnnyR95 at Luffield but couldn't get the pass done. Then at Copse I watched nearly everyone go wide while I obeyed track limits haha. =P
No idea if @KaneIyanda went wide behind me but he had a good run on me and I only just managed to hold on to P6 after going side by side through Maggots.
Caught up to Johnny again starting Lap 2 and went for the move at Village as I wanted to get quickly passed him due to him slightly lagging backwards and forwards. I couldn't get the move done and actually hit him at The Loop but thankfully no damage. I found it pretty hard to pass him as if it wasn't being wary of the lag, it was the dirty air affecting my car.

During this time @Roadhouse gained on me and was proving to be much faster than me, when Lap 6 the lag kicked into high gear and he teleported in front and behind me at Stowe so I had no idea if I should leave space when entering Club Corner. I did and managed to keep the position but man, being stuck between two lagging cars is not fun haha. Due to doing that extra lap on these tyres in qualifying, I went to pit on Lap 8 and went for the undercut. However @JohnnyR95 pitted as well... but to my surprise, he came out on Mediums! I also saw others were on them as well so I knew this was my chance if I were to gain any positions.

I was able to have the fastest lap of the race twice for a while and caught up to @JohnnyR95 on Lap 12 and made the pass down the Hangar Straight. I then caught up to @organyx two laps later who I assumed started on the Softs and passed him down at Village Corner while @Caarlsberi was still right up behind me. Lap 16 I went to defend from Caarlsberi but he still went down the inside of me and passed me at Stowe! Some nice battling! Just mere moments later we see @advanceapple losing the rear and sliding off the track at Club Corner, giving me another position and putting me in P5. After this, I tried to stick with Caarlsberi but he was much quicker than me, and @Roadhouse soon appeared again proving he was quicker and closed me down at the end of the race, where I barely held on and finished only two tenths ahead! My tyres finished on 79% and my fuel was empty literally just after crossing the line haha. So I managed to finish in P4!

Very happy with the result! Couldn't get the 3rd place with @Caarlsberi being quicker than me, but happy to come away with 4th as this race was pretty terrible haha. Congrats to @MattDavies2511, @InFinityzzHD and @Caarlsberi for their podium places. =)
Jesus that was slow ;)

Let's hope you aren't this slow on Sunday ;)

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

Qualifying

Race

I can't remember what happened at Monza, let alone Silverstone

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
JESUS CHRIST! A Renault finished a race?!
Yeah. Shocking really. However, another double DNF at Singapore has killed us. Double points finish at Malaysia is needed. The track is wide as hell. There's no way we'll DNF

• Optimistic
Reactions: Curly

MattDavies2511

Jan 15, 2017
Yeah. Shocking really. However, another double DNF at Singapore has killed us. Double points finish at Malaysia is needed. The track is wide as hell. There's no way we'll DNF
Inb4 a double DNF taking eachother out at T1 ;)