Jan 14, 2014
Round 10 - British Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 17th December 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Silverstone Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

Flips

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 31, 2016
We are almost half-way through Season 14. It has been a great journey so far.

I would be great to see a British driver on the Podium this Sunday at his home Grand Prix... (hopefully @Jipper won't spray the champagne from the podiums, cause I need to catch him in the Championship). British drivers like: @Scott_Aitchison, @Snarf Snarf, @ApplePhysics or even @Cheeese.

I am looking forward to this particular race. I've won the British Grand Prix many times in different leagues and hopefully I can manage to do that this Sunday.

(@Jipper you know I love you, but please don't make it to the podium :rofl: :love: )

Reactions: Jipper

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
We are almost half-way through Season 14. It has been a great journey so far.

I would be great to see a British driver on the Podium this Sunday at his home Grand Prix... (hopefully @Jipper won't spray the champagne from the podiums, cause I need to catch him in the Championship). British drivers like: @Scott_Aitchison, @Snarf Snarf, @ApplePhysics or even @Cheeese.

I am looking forward to this particular race. I've won the British Grand Prix many times in different leagues and hopefully I can manage to do that this Sunday.

(@Jipper you know I love you, but please don't make it to the podium :rofl: :love: )
Your only 10 points behind now with 11 races left. you've got plenty of time to catch up or me to get away! ;)

ApplePhysics

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 23, 2017
o no this is bad but I'm no gonna be there again due to yet another concert. This term has been very busy and I'm gonna have to make it my new years resolution or somethin to be less busy.

Have a good race and a good Christmas; See you all in the new year!

Jipper

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Qualy - 7th
Race - 8th

Qualy again i messed up first run so only had another run given the time it takes around here so put in a time that was safe and guaranteed but didnt get to push unfortunately.

Race was terrible, Had a good start off the line and gained 2 position coming into 4th corner tried to keep it on the outside of @[email protected] as i had better traction than him but car completely ran wide and hit the grass, span me out and then spent the next 30 seconds driving a clown car where for the life of me i could not get the thing to go in a straight line,

That ruined my tyres, they was on like 22% by lap 2 so i was hurt again by the incoming rain as by 1 lap i was caught out, i couldnt make the tyres last, was on 72% wear so had to change, fortunately the rain came in really slowly so didnt need to put inters on as early as most did but still hurt me in the long run,

had a good battle with my team mate @Scott_Aitchison for the 8th position but not happy with how the race went at all, i had a podium in mind today :(

POV:

Last edited:
Reactions: TheVerenzak

Indigo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 4, 2017
Quali was pretty bad. Ended up playing it too safe, starting 9th on the grid.

In the race, I managed to gain a few places due to some contact happening in front of me. I couldn’t keep up with the pace of @[email protected], who was driving in 3rd during the dry stint, losing about three tenths a lap. As most people pitted for another set of dries, I wanted to extend my stint until the rain. My left front tire was worn to 95% percent when DRS got disabled and I came in for the inters. Ended up getting out 20 seconds in front of my teammate and drove a calm stint to my first league race win ever. :D

Flips

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 31, 2016
Qualifying:
On my first Qualifying Lap I ran into @Cheeese and lost 3-4 seconds, so I had to get into the pits for another set of Super-Soft tyres.
I managed to qualify at P6 right behind my teammate @TwoFiftySix. It was a very close Qualifying session with only 1.000 seconds between the Polesitter and P10.

Race:
On lap 1 I got a decent start and was right behind both P5 and P4. Between Turn 1 and 2 I got hit be a McLaren or a Williams, which meant I felt back to the last position. I had to catch up!

After been pushing for around 9 laps I went into the pits on lap 10 for my first and only pitstop for the Soft tyres.
I felt that the tyres were great and I could push them to the limit.

On my Soft tyres stint, I managed to overtake several positions, so I could catch up to @Jipper in the Championship Standings, who sadly got crashed out and was at the last position in the start of the race.

After 8-9 laps of battling the rain spots we're hitting Silverstone, very slowly, I went for another pitstop for the Intermediate tyres and was right behind both RedBulls: @MAGNUSSEN and @Ronnin1978. I managed to overtake both of them and was on to the Podiums.

I felt that I could've caught up to P2 but didn't want to take the risk.

I am grateful for another great position after I've been crashed out for the second consecutive time, but I feel bad for both the Haas drivers: @Lamp and @Niek van Gelder who was leading the race.

Congratulations for both @Indigo, for his first race win in the F6 League, and [email protected] for his great P2.

The Sauber team are extending their lead, with both McLaren and Haas only 20-30 points behind.

Qualifying:
P6

Race:
Podium - P3

The British Grand Prix hasn't been the greatest race so far. Plenty of incidents at the front of the grid + dangerous driving. Hopefully after Christmas break we'll get better and making this Championship Standings more intense!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year guys! I'll see you all at Round 11: Hungary.

(... and I'll see some of you at the Christmas Cup on 20th December)

Lamp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 14, 2017
Qualifying went well, for the second time lol. Not sure why @Niek van Gelder decided to go out with a qualifying ban.

Race was different leading up until pit. see the stewards panel bout it. just a mess of stuff happened on track with @Ronnin1978 @TwoFiftySix and more.
Really wanted to win this one boys.

gratz @Indigo no idea how you got the tires to 95% but cheers Gratz to @Flips p3, i hope haas still has a dog in the constructors fight.

https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/f6-outlap-mayhem.28229/

See ya after Christmas. have a happy holidays to all.

-lamp

Last edited:

Scott_Aitchison

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 27, 2015
Q- 4th
R- 7th (I think after penalties are applied)

Pretty average qualifying, maybe with a few less mistakes I could have been in the fight for pole. Race start went badly, made contact with @Jipper into turn , luckily we both had no damage. This lost me a few positions though. It was really dificult to overtake and I was stuck behind @Cheeese and @Andrei Ivan all through out the first stint. Everytime I got close enough to have a chance, I half spun coming onto the straight. My best chance was on lap 15, but yellow flags meant I had to back off. I felt I had really good pace today and felt in good contention for the podium. On the last lap, I made the smallest of mistakes that allowed my team mate through, I was really angry with myself, but thats racing and theres nothing I can do about it. My POV is below:

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I can only laugh at how bad that race was.
Didn't have much time to practice, but found a good stable set-up and did some laps in practice. Was quite happy with my pace & consistency.
Unfortunately, I couldn't get a decent lap in in qualy. Was up 8 tenths in the second sector, but I cut the last of the esses and that invalidated my lap unfortunately. Started from the back of the grid like usual.

In the race, I was going for the one stop (S-M). But that plan got ruined going into T3. One of the Force India's (I think @schumizeu) spun in front of me and unfortunately I couldn't avoid him in time. Quite some front wing damage already and had to pit at the end of L1, again. Thought I selected the Softs again, so I could make it till the rain came, but my crew decided to put me on the Mediums. I was last at this point, until @schumizeu also made a stop and rejoined right behind me. Didn't fight too hard when he overtook me, because he was just clearly a lot faster. Was last, and stayed in last for the rest of the race. Oh well.

Jipper

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
I can only laugh at how bad that race was.
Didn't have much time to practice, but found a good stable set-up and did some laps in practice. Was quite happy with my pace & consistency.
Unfortunately, I couldn't get a decent lap in in qualy. Was up 8 tenths in the second sector, but I cut the last of the esses and that invalidated my lap unfortunately. Started from the back of the grid like usual.

In the race, I was going for the one stop (S-M). But that plan got ruined going into T3. One of the Force India's (I think @schumizeu) spun in front of me and unfortunately I couldn't avoid him in time. Quite some front wing damage already and had to pit at the end of L1, again. Thought I selected the Softs again, so I could make it till the rain came, but my crew decided to put me on the Mediums. I was last at this point, until @schumizeu also made a stop and rejoined right behind me. Didn't fight too hard when he overtook me, because he was just clearly a lot faster. Was last, and stayed in last for the rest of the race. Oh well.
Dont worry, the xmas break will do you well!

tho it also doesnt help that we've lost alot of players in the league so there's no battles left at the mid/back end of the grid anymore :(

i spent so many laps without seeing a single car before i caught up to the pack after my spin out on turn 3 :(

• Agree
Reactions: TheVerenzak

TwoFiftySix

Formula Karter
Sep 3, 2017
Qualifying was a mess, got the timing wrong and didn't set a good lap. P5. Well ok. To the race then:
Best start ever! From P5 to P3 on the start straight. Was able to hold my position with a bigger getting gap to the car behind and the cars in front. Pitted from SS to SS again, to make it to the coming rain. Had some pretty nice battles, until @Ronnin1978 lost it in Becketts. Plowed into his car, which lost me a chunk of front wing. Pitted for Inters in the same lap, hoping the rain was enough. And it was ok pretty much. Unfortunately I think I spun somewhere, having to pit again... Had a lot of penalties as well. So P9 I guess? Was finishing in 6th with very very good pace in the rain so I might have been able to win this one...

But: Now it's the winter break, Have a nice Christmas everyone!!! See you next time in Hungary!

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Dont worry, the xmas break will do you well!

tho it also doesnt help that we've lost alot of players in the league so there's no battles left at the mid/back end of the grid anymore :(

i spent so many laps without seeing a single car before i caught up to the pack after my spin out on turn 3 :(
Got my new T150 Pro yesterday, so I’ll be using that instead of my 8-year old DFGT after the break. Should hopefully give me a bit more confidence & consistency.
Hope it brings me more in line with the pace of all you guys :p Cause it seems like a lot of you are quite close on pace.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Jipper and Flips

Jipper

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Got my new T150 Pro yesterday, so I’ll be using that instead of my 8-year old DFGT after the break. Should hopefully give me a bit more confidence & consistency.
Hope it brings me more in line with the pace of all you guys :p Cause it seems like a lot of you are quite close on pace.
Fingers crossed for you mate,

im on a T300GT RS, i've been far more consistent on this than i was with logitech's or the controller, so hopefully you see the same with the thrustmaster too! :)