Aug 1, 2014
Round 10 - British Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 17th December 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Silverstone Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
Shyguy2008

Last edited by a moderator:

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
My favourite track.
Hoping to be on pace here with lap times to stay with pack up front.
In the past I've done alright.
Guessing pole time will be 28s or 27s?
Well work is closed today due to snow, what a shame :)
Can get some practice in.

Big-Kid-Daddy

Jan 14, 2014
Managed a 27.7 so far , can probably find another 2 or 3 tenths and that's it but damn it's frustrating and slow to try different set up combinations, hate setting the car up.

Looking on tt times a couple from F1 league have got a mid 26 so I'm gonna put my money on a low 27 for this league pole time.

Last edited:

joshualuke1993

S14 AOR PS4 F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
Yeah think mid 26 aren't going to happen but poss high 26s at a push

Big-Kid-Daddy

Jan 14, 2014
Unless it rains which is highly likely, then the times will be high 30s or whatever :p

blake300892

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jan 13, 2014
For once i hit one of my best laps all week when it mattered and got a front row start.

Quite a dull race really, maintained 2nd, lap 4 lost the back end through maggots and becketts so saved the car and trundled across the grass dropping me to 3rd.

After my stop i half span at the 2nd to last corner, never done that before!

Then about 8 laps to go Giinis does a replica of my first incident which gives me a good run i finish the move boldly into the left hander before the final corner and from there bring it home 2nd.

Well done again Josh, 2 weeks off now before the dull Hungaroring

• Friendly
Reactions: joshualuke1993

MORETHANAMAZING

Bottlejob Extraordinaire
Premium Member
Aug 1, 2014
Qualifying: P8
Was about half a second up on myself when I blew it in the last section.
Race:
great start and was side by side by side with Haze & @Oner Schumacher into turn 3 when I was touched and nearly spun, fortunately I wasn't and was in P4 for the 1st 2 laps until I lost it all coming out of stowe and while I was spinning everywhere i got a 3 second time penalty which was weird, then me and @Oner Schumacher had a great back and forth battle with both of us catching @Hobbit and from there It was just about being consistent which i managed to do and set second fastest lap on old softs which had about 35-40% wear which was reassuring.
Good race everybody today

Reactions: Oner Schumacher

Big-Kid-Daddy

Jan 14, 2014
Just to point out yes had a bad start but got a hit from the right hand side which caused the left hand side car to spin.
Vid to follow.
All in all, crap race, still getting screwed over for a bad set up, tt set up is no good, not enough online practice and bad strategy doing two stops when everyone else did one.

Last edited:

joshualuke1993

S14 AOR PS4 F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
Q - P1 - Did a good first lap as a banker lap of a 27.7 which I was happy with as it was still early on in the session but I knew at least 1 or 2 people could go quicker and evidently 1 did (Blake) but on my final stint managed to hook the lap up to do a 27.5.

R - 1 Managed to get a clean get away to then slowly creep away from Blake who had a bit of an issue going through Beckkets I believe n that left about 5s gap back to ginnis and managed the gap until the pit stop. At the end of lap 9 I noticed that ginnis pitted in which made me alter my plans as I was planning to pit lap 11/12 onto the soft but I had to cover the undercut in which I didn't think the soft would last so had to go mediums and then had to manage the gap which went down to approx 2.5s until ginnis had a issue at Beckkets and dropped behind Blake, which meant the lead was approx 7s and manage it until the end. Could have been a very different race if it wasn't for that Beckkets corner

Wimstradamus

AOR PS4 GT3 S12 T5 Champion
Premium Member
May 7, 2016
Q - p9
R - DNF

My bad qualy streak continues with a p9 this time.

Race was ok, at the start @Big-Kid-Daddy had a slow gettaway so i drove around him but somehow we touched and it spun me around.
Had no damage so continued the race from the last place.
Did a one stop strategy and after the pit is was p5 behind @Joost aftter a few laps i past him for p4.
But with 10 laps to go i went to wide exit the first corner of the old start/finish (dont know the name) lost control and spun in to the wall witch resulted in a dnf.

Giinis

Semi-Pro Karter
May 30, 2017
Q - P3
I did not have any time to practice for the race so I was very happy with that lap.
R - P3
Well it started good, was just trying to keep up with the leaders. Then @blake300892 did a mistake and I got to p2 witch would have been maximum for me because @joshualuke1993 was quicker round here. Tried to undercut and I actually won over 2s with that but after trying to push a couple of laps, did a mistake and lost my position to @blake300892 and just cruised to the finish. Congrats to @joshualuke1993, no mistakes & well done!

Reactions: joshualuke1993